3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Can anyone recommend where to get paint job in DC/MD/VA area?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 01:02 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Can anyone recommend where to get paint job in DC/MD/VA area?

Hey all,

Decided to get my hood, front bumper, and front sides painted. Anyone here know a good place that is relatively inexpensive, but does a great job? Or average price, nothing to over the top. I live in Silver spring MD, but anywhere in the area is fine.

jingy08
Old 07-11-2008, 01:31 PM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
It's not close to you, but a friend of mine's dad owns a well known body shop in the area I used to live in in NoVA. Top quality work; he's the go-to guy for all of the area Subaru dealers and probably some other manufacturers as well. He did amazing paint work on all of my cars, including matching the paint perfectly on my 3 stage white diamond pearl IS300 after a deer smashed into me. All of the body panels and skins looked flawless, like it rolled off the showroom floor. Pricing is the lowest in that area too. Check out "Terry's Auto Body" in Purcellville, VA. Good guys and high quality work!
Old 07-11-2008, 01:38 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts
I've had good work done at Quality Auto Body on Draper Drive in Fairfax (go out US-50 to Fairfax Circle, continue to the Harley dealer and make a right; body shop is in the low brown building on the left perhaps halfway up the block).
Old 07-11-2008, 01:56 PM
Instructor

thanks, anybody heard of auto body creations in Rockville on Gude Drive? Anyone here ever have a paint job done with them?

WRX, Sounds like a good deal, but I have no idea how far Purcellville is from me, ill have to check my navi for that. Thanks for the input 1995hoo.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:06 PM
#ForcedInductionFamily

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by jingy08
thanks, anybody heard of auto body creations in Rockville on Gude Drive? Anyone here ever have a paint job done with them?

WRX, Sounds like a good deal, but I have no idea how far Purcellville is from me, ill have to check my navi for that. Thanks for the input 1995hoo.
It's a little over an hour, assuming there is no traffic. So probably like 2 hours
Old 07-11-2008, 02:34 PM
NBP REPRESENT

ive heard of them but never got any work done

ive gotten work done from autobody dimensions and shannon auto body(recent paint job on my door jam, also changed my window seal and welded door latch)

both in gaithersburg off route 124...both did great jobs...
Old 07-11-2008, 03:48 PM
Keep Right Except to Pass

Received 45 Likes on 36 Posts

Purcellville is maybe 10 minutes west of Leesburg. The most direct way from Maryland is out River Road and across White's Ferry, but the Dulles Toll Road and Greenway are much faster.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:17 PM
Pro

Received 68 Likes on 33 Posts
I was extremely happy with the work Mullinix in Ellicott City did on my TL. Someone (hit and run) nailed my front driver's side door while it was parked and I had to have the door skin replaced. No matter how hard or at what angle I look, I absolutely cannot tell there was ever any damage. The paint matches perfectly and they did an incredible job blending it into the front quarter panel and rear driver's side door. In fact, I'm bringing my wife's Pilot there on Monday due to an unfortunately $1600 encounter with a mailbox.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 930 Likes on 612 Posts
Hey all,

Decided to get my hood, front bumper, and front sides painted. Anyone here know a good place that is relatively inexpensive, but does a great job? Or average price, nothing to over the top. I live in Silver spring MD, but anywhere in the area is fine.

jingy08
Let me know what you get quoted if you don't mind. I'll probably do this next Spring, minus the bumper, since I already had that done recently.
Old 07-12-2008, 07:22 AM
Instructor

Thanks for all the input guys. I actually found a really good place on Gude Drive in Rockville, while searching for the place i mentioned above, it is called Imperial. They look like they will do a very good job, from the moment I walked in the setup seemed real professional and they were very friendly. They quoted me at $1046 for painting the hood, front bumper, both fenders, and both side mirrors. Great price and i have no doubt that they will do a great job with it. Look it up, www.imperialab.com.