Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

camel or quartz?

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 07:34 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
camel or quartz?

looking to probably get a replacement TL. i want the ABP but which interior? i had the camel but kind of like the look of the quartz? what is the downfall of both?
Old 03-01-2004, 07:46 PM
10th Gear

I'm choosing color too. I sat in a gray cubicle for 7 years, so I'd like to avoid a gray interior. Camel is more likely to show dirt; but may make the interior seem roomier. You should really sit in both. The camel/blue contrast might be very nice.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:49 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by Lozenge
I'm choosing color too. I sat in a gray cubicle for 7 years, so I'd like to avoid a gray interior. Camel is more likely to show dirt; but may make the interior seem roomier. You should really sit in both. The camel/blue contrast might be very nice.

the blue camel is awesome, since i used to own it. i'm just wondering if when it comes time to buy the replacement car, since i totaled the other one, should i stick with camel or jump ship to the quartz? i like both so i can't really decide.
Old 03-01-2004, 07:55 PM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
quartz bro.....
Old 03-01-2004, 08:41 PM
Time to POWER UP!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Cam looks a little orange to me??? I like the QZ
Old 03-01-2004, 08:44 PM
10th Gear

i have the abp with camel , and i love it the contrast is amazing . the grey looks very dull in my opinion .
btw does anyone know why they didn't offer the parchment for the blue ?
Old 03-01-2004, 08:56 PM
Burning Brakes

I love this topic because its all about personal taste. I chose quartz and here is why.....

1. The gray, black carbon, aluminum, and ebony all flow together beautifully. All within the same color family...shades of grey.

2. The camel is a bit harsh and somewhat orange, and when the color starts to fade it will lose some of the pigment.

3. The camel and fake wood totally contrast with the aluminum and ebony. What I mean by ebony is that the upper dash, steering wheel and door pulls are all in ebony which doesn't blend at all with the camel. It just looks like two different color schemes thrown together. The aluminum and the fake wood look wrong together.

4. The gray will look better as it ages and not show dirt and scuffs as much as the camel. I've had mine for four months and its holding up really well to scuffs and bumps, and it cleans up pretty easily.

5. The fake wood is fake wood. :yack:
Old 03-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Instructor

Camel all the way, next choice parchment
Craig
Old 03-02-2004, 12:12 AM
What's a TL?

Adam...glad to hear that a replacement is on the way...the ABP is a freakin sick color, if I wasn't so lazy with cleaning my car, it was at the top of my list. As much as I think the camel is a freaking ugly interior, the blue and camel complement each other. For a more harmonious interior, go quartz.

Are you gonna get any options that you skipped on the first one?
Old 03-02-2004, 12:33 AM
Instructor

For me, the Quart looks much cleaner and feel better.

I went to Acura of Alhambra recently, they have a black car with Camel interior. I notice there are many many black shoe prints, also many finger prints on the door handle. This indicates the Camel gets dirty really easy.

In addition, it would be hard to keep the Camel interior clean especially if you have kids. It also becomes dirty very fast when it's rain because your shoe prints will be all over the place.

I would recommend the Quart for clean and cooler look and feel.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-02-2004, 01:44 AM
Racer

quartz or more acurately gray looks crappy like the same interior you get in a loaner or rental car. camel is the best interior color and makes any exterior color sing.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:21 AM
Advanced

I live in Florida and the Quartz is just to dark and to hot even with the windows tinted. It is about 20 degrees hotter than a lighter interior when the car sits in the sun. I bought the Camel because it was a bit different than the Parchment (which is what I had in my 02 TL Type S).

Just my 2 cents.....
Old 03-02-2004, 09:27 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally posted by Jcolbert
I live in Florida and the Quartz is just to dark and to hot even with the windows tinted. It is about 20 degrees hotter than a lighter interior when the car sits in the sun. I bought the Camel because it was a bit different than the Parchment (which is what I had in my 02 TL Type S). Just my 2 cents.....
I think this guy is talking about ebony being too dark and too hot. I don't think he could actually mean the quartz.
Old 03-02-2004, 09:36 AM
Advanced

I stand corrected, I was talking about Ebony.
Old 03-02-2004, 11:44 AM
Cruisin'

Originally posted by acuraddict
I love this topic because its all about personal taste. I chose quartz and here is why.....

1. The gray, black carbon, aluminum, and ebony all flow together beautifully. All within the same color family...shades of grey.

2. The camel is a bit harsh and somewhat orange, and when the color starts to fade it will lose some of the pigment.

3. The camel and fake wood totally contrast with the aluminum and ebony. What I mean by ebony is that the upper dash, steering wheel and door pulls are all in ebony which doesn't blend at all with the camel. It just looks like two different color schemes thrown together. The aluminum and the fake wood look wrong together.

4. The gray will look better as it ages and not show dirt and scuffs as much as the camel. I've had mine for four months and its holding up really well to scuffs and bumps, and it cleans up pretty easily.

5. The fake wood is fake wood. :yack:
Abyss Blue with Quartz here and you summed it up perfectly. The wife is very particular about the interior color and she ONLY liked the quartz. Quartz seems to all go together the best. She hates all these what she calls "mismatched interiors". She can't understand why they can't pick one color and go with it. Now, if the TL had white guages, that would have been a deal killer - really hates those!!!
Old 03-02-2004, 12:32 PM
Racer

Camel looks awful. That orange is too strong. The quartz is a better choice. It blends well with the black and aluminum and shows less dirt. If it were a few shades lighter, it would look perfect. If you get Quartz, get it with the blue exterior.
Old 03-02-2004, 02:07 PM
Pug
Team Camel, VP for Zaino

Camel is the ticket - it's like steppin into a Ferrari
Old 03-02-2004, 02:30 PM
Banned

Thumbs up Re: camel or quartz?

Originally posted by adam209
looking to probably get a replacement TL. i want the ABP but which interior? i had the camel but kind of like the look of the quartz? what is the downfall of both?
Mine is Camel. Everybody that rides it loves the contrast with the ABP. I dont like the quartz as much, the black on gray interior is a little monochromatic. But go with what you like most!
Old 03-02-2004, 06:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

thanks everyone for your input. i think that if i ultimately decide to buy another TL that i'll probably end up going with quartz. when i had the camel, i loved it. the only thing i didn't like is that the dash contrasted too much with it. if they would change it to match the leather, then it would be no question. the quartz just flows with the dash better IMO.
Old 03-02-2004, 06:52 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by VTEC=happiness
Are you gonna get any options that you skipped on the first one?

actually, i think that i might pass on the a-spec this time.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:04 PM
Instructor

Reasonable men will differ on matters of taste. I bought the ABP/Quartz combo and I smile every time I get in. I'm smilin' now just thinking about it.
Old 03-08-2004, 07:14 PM
Racer

I have a WDP with the Quartz interior and absolutely love the interior.

Old 03-09-2004, 05:34 PM
Advanced

Camel, Man!

I am ordering the ABP w/ camel, 5AT and no nav.

It is a matter of individual taste. The gray looks nice too. The parchment is fine, but a little too lite for me. The only interior I would not get is the ebony, since I live in Utah and in the summer it would be like a furnace.

Then again others think the ebony is the ONLY way to go. And that is OK as well. I am just happy the folks in Ohio give us four interiors to choose from.

My wife loves dark blue, and I love the camel, so I am in luck, right?