Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Burned By a Second Dealer

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2004, 02:26 PM
Team SSM Queen

Received 146 Likes on 75 Posts
Angry Burned By a Second Dealer

Some of you might remember my saga trying to buy my TL at Paragon.

Got rid of them and went to Rallye at Roslyn, who were supposedly more reputable. Well I'm starting to think you can't use the word reputable in the same sentence as car dealer.

My build date was supposed to be 2-25 thru 2-29. Since I hadn't heard from the dealer I called this morning. I just got a return phone call with the news that they car they showed me on their inventory sheet as "mine" was actually sold by another salesperson two weeks prior to the day I made my purchase. The other salesperson had neglected to remove it from the inventory, so in essence the car was sold twice. Since my sale was the later one, they're allotting the car to the other customer, and I now have to wait until the end of March for my car.

My salesperson didn't even offer to see if they could find me another one. I had to ask her to do so. She promised to call me by the end of the day to let me know if they've found one.

I've been trying to make this purchase for 2 months now! This is ridiculous. I'm at the point where I'm thinking I should just put new tires on my Accord and forget the whole thing. It's just not worth this hassle.

Thanks for letting me vent
Old 03-01-2004, 02:38 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
awww that sux

it almost happened to my dad when he was getting 03 NAVI Ody.

we were about to fill out the form and the other dealer who was sitting right next to my dealer was whispering to his customer on the phone that he(other dealer right next to my dealer)'ll sell the car to other customer if my father isn't qualified on credit

but well my dad was qualified with lowest interest by the time

i wish it goes well
Old 03-01-2004, 02:59 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Re: Burned By a Second Dealer

Originally posted by narnia
Some of you might remember my saga trying to buy my TL at Paragon.

Got rid of them and went to Rallye at Roslyn, who were supposedly more reputable. Well I'm starting to think you can't use the word reputable in the same sentence as car dealer.

My build date was supposed to be 2-25 thru 2-29. Since I hadn't heard from the dealer I called this morning. I just got a return phone call with the news that they car they showed me on their inventory sheet as "mine" was actually sold by another salesperson two weeks prior to the day I made my purchase. The other salesperson had neglected to remove it from the inventory, so in essence the car was sold twice. Since my sale was the later one, they're allotting the car to the other customer, and I now have to wait until the end of March for my car.

My salesperson didn't even offer to see if they could find me another one. I had to ask her to do so. She promised to call me by the end of the day to let me know if they've found one.

I've been trying to make this purchase for 2 months now! This is ridiculous. I'm at the point where I'm thinking I should just put new tires on my Accord and forget the whole thing. It's just not worth this hassle.

Thanks for letting me vent
Hey Narnia

Isn't it time to stop all the nonsense once and for all???

Gonna finally take my advice now ???

Forum user CarCrazyFamily did:
http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...threadid=71960

PM me........
Old 03-01-2004, 03:32 PM
Pro

I don't get it! Are you a glutton for punishment? Why not go to a highly reputable dealer in New Jersey like Montclaire Acura? I'm sure you'd also get a better deal there.
Old 03-01-2004, 03:45 PM
Team SSM Queen

Originally posted by dulnev
I don't get it! Are you a glutton for punishment? Why not go to a highly reputable dealer in New Jersey like Montclaire Acura? I'm sure you'd also get a better deal there.
Actually if you look at the ratings list DMZ posted, Rallye is highly rated so I guess you would consider them "reputable."

Montclaire is too far away for me to deal with. I'm never in NJ and don't have the time to get over there.
Old 03-01-2004, 05:21 PM
Banned

Originally posted by dulnev
I went there, I forget the salesman's name, but it wasn't the man people from this forum always recommend.
Anyway, I was given a final offer of $2,000 down and $520 a month 48 months 12K miles. This is for an MT with Nav.
I was not happy with that dealership in the least.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:52 PM
10th Gear

Narnia,

I know you don't want to here about NJ dealers, but I do have to recommend Ramsey Acura and my sales guy, lloyd.

I walked in there, test drove the car and said "Get me an anthracite\black 6sp with Navi". Negoitated a fair price and 5 days later I had the car. No fuss, no muss, no waiting.

Sounds like a trip to NJ would have actually saved you some time :-).

If you do head to Ramsey, tell Lloyd Matt referred you.

Good luck!
Old 03-01-2004, 07:29 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Originally posted by narnia
Actually if you look at the ratings list DMZ posted, Rallye is highly rated so I guess you would consider them "reputable."

Montclaire is too far away for me to deal with. I'm never in NJ and don't have the time to get over there.
Narnia,

Unfortunately, no one can look at the ratings list while the gallery is down. Haven't you noticed? I'll gladly send it to anyone who PM's me their e-mail address. It's only for North and East from the Husdon River.

It seems that every dealer that geniuinely won't screw you is too far away. For your information, forum member CarCrazyFamily (described above) also lives in Queens. He had no problem making his way up to Curry in Scarsdale as the drive was about 35 minutes when he went to make the deal. He also called and spoke to the salesman I told him to first BEFORE he talked to the sales manager. Said salesman can also help arrange for all or part your transportation up there on delivery day.

Don't have the time? Look at all the time (and energy) you've wasted so far. Had you taken that very same advice I offered back when Paragon tried to screw you the 1st time instead of going back to them for more punishment, YOU WOULD DEFINITELY HAVE YOUR CAR BY NOW!

................. And you probably would have paid less ....................
Old 03-01-2004, 08:26 PM
Cruisin'

didn't you get something in writing? if you didn't that was your mistake. i got a form from my dealer that listed the car, color, price and garanteed delivery date, same thing with my friend who also bought a TL, his car was late and he was given a 03 TL to drive till his 04 came.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:45 PM
Team SSM Queen

Originally posted by tlnyc
didn't you get something in writing? if you didn't that was your mistake. i got a form from my dealer that listed the car, color, price and garanteed delivery date, same thing with my friend who also bought a TL, his car was late and he was given a 03 TL to drive till his 04 came.
Of course I got something in writing. The inventory number and build dates of the car are on the invoice. So they're in breach of contract and I can get my deposit back. Still doesn't give me my car.
Old 03-01-2004, 08:59 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Lightbulb

TO narnia, IMO, your car is one of the most popular/hottest combo in 04TL now, you have to wait if you miss the first chance. Unless the NEXT dealer has available one coming in soon or someone gives it up, you still have to wait.

This is the fault of Rallye, who should try to swap another Anthracite 04TL from any possible dealer ASAP. I do wonder why your saleslady had not followed up your order by weekly basis. Why did she take so long?

You should directly talk to their manager and address your dislike and disapointment, meanwhile, let him know how long it takes to figure out that your order car was sold twice.

The writing on your order/contract could force them a little bit.

TO DMZ, I know you really like your dealer and would like to help ppl out. But I also remember lots of ppl ever said how bad Curry was... one of example: http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...threadid=62904

I actually don't know how good/bad they are, but they seem ok for ppl recnetly buying cars there.
Old 03-01-2004, 09:16 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Thumbs down

Plus,

Did she bring a book and check the inventory in front of you when you tried to make an order? Did she write your name/her name into that book behind the item of that car you're going to order?

I suddenly feel they're saying BS to you. I don't believe they would sell the same car twice.

Many of dealers use the magnet items to indicate their inventory and sales records over the whiteboard. If sales dept in Rallye does so, how could she put that ONLY-ONE magnet under her sales column (without having any complaint by another salesmane) and her manager didn't find out they acutally oversold ONE more car last month?
Old 03-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Full-Time IDIoT---DoH!!!

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
try carsdirect.com
Old 03-03-2004, 12:49 PM
Team SSM Queen

Update

Spoke to the dealer today and they offered to give me several hundred dollars off the car to compensate for my inconvenience. They also offered a silver/ebony immediately, but I really have my heart set on the anthracite/ebony so I've agreed to wait.

It could be only 2 more weeks, as build date is 3/6 - 3/10. Now I'm getting psyched again!
Old 03-03-2004, 04:00 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Re: Update

Good luck to you. Finale.