Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body kits!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2020, 12:46 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Question Body kits!!!

Hello everyone. I want to hang body kits on my acura, but I just can't find it ... can you advise where you can order? I'll be very thankful.
Old 10-06-2020, 02:29 PM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
very few to none exists.
you can try looking at junk yards for the OEM body kit, because the OEM kit was discontinued. you can no longer buy it
The following users liked this post:
ROKET (10-06-2020)
Old 10-06-2020, 05:37 PM
Racer

Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts
Carid has some although usually not the best looking. The oem acura a spec kit has mainly been discontinued but you can still get some pieces from the dealer depending on color and year although not very cheap if that's what you were interested in. Sarona makes some that look jsut like a spec and there's also a company named carbon creations that I've seen on eBay that seem to fit fine but only come in carbon. Avoid the eBay a spec kits the rear will not fit although the base front seems to be ok from what I've seen.
ROKET (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 12:10 AM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Огромное спасибо
Old 10-07-2020, 12:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 237 Likes on 163 Posts
Just FYI - The 2007-08 Type-S front lips are temporarily in stock on many Acura dealership websites for NBP and WDP colors. I purchased a NBP front lip just the other day even though I already have an 04-06 front under spoiler. I couldn't resist.
The following 2 users liked this post by wusty23jd:
Pmctlx (10-09-2020), ROKET (10-07-2020)
Old 10-07-2020, 08:41 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by wusty23jd
Just FYI - The 2007-08 Type-S front lips are temporarily in stock on many Acura dealership websites for NBP and WDP colors. I purchased a NBP front lip just the other day even though I already have an 04-06 front under spoiler. I couldn't resist.
same buying mine soon whenever I get a chance they've been in stock for almost the last 2 years but everyone keeps saying discontinued there's asl I certain parts of base kits
Old 10-08-2020, 09:46 PM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any specific dealer site or just in general? Just might have to check my local Acura dealer out now that I saw this because I too have just been seeing everywhere that the A spec kits are discontinued. I even emailed endlessrpm about getting a kit and I was told they don’t have them anymore.
Old 10-09-2020, 07:09 AM
3rd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 06AbyssTL
Any specific dealer site or just in general? Just might have to check my local Acura dealer out now that I saw this because I too have just been seeing everywhere that the A spec kits are discontinued. I even emailed endlessrpm about getting a kit and I was told they don’t have them anymore.
They have some here,: https://www.oemacuraparts.com/v-2007...nder-spoiler-3

get it before they disappear again. Most of the inventory for the aspec lips is nearing zero and full kits are practically all gone but some front lips still exist but probably not for long
Old 10-09-2020, 04:51 PM
Burning Brakes

oemacuraparts is EXACTLY where I ordered mine from. They offered freight shipping for $150, which was over $100 cheaper than most websites. I also purchased a Type-S bumper as well for no additional shipping. They both will be arriving via FedEx on Monday.

I received a tip via Facebook that a small production run of additional WDP and NBP Type-S front under spoilers just occurred. Sure enough, the "big name" websites listed them in stock in less than 24 hours. I called my local dealer to see if they were in stock there, so that I didn't have to pay for shipping. The sales rep mockingly said "Those haven't been in stock for a long time now." I politely laughed and said, "I know that, but can you re-check? It looks like limited quantities are now available." Needless to say, he checked and was pleasantly surprised. However, oemacuraparts was still cheaper than my local dealer.

Additionally, the same person said that the machinery for the Type-S rear spoilers was finally put away for good, so those will likely never come back for purchase.

*It could all just be hearsay, but people are snatching these new lips up like crazy, so act fast if you want one!

Idiots online are starting to sell used ones by folding them in half!!!!!! "It saves on shipping. I can use a smaller box." I want to kick them all in the teeth. It is only going to become more difficult to find lips that aren't beat to crap. Personally, with any exterior item, I prefer to buy brand new if possible. But that's just me.
Old 10-09-2020, 04:54 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Wdp_3g
same buying mine soon whenever I get a chance they've been in stock for almost the last 2 years but everyone keeps saying discontinued there's asl I certain parts of base kits
And just FYI - These went out of stock about a year ago if I recall. They just became available for purchase again. People are buying in bulk and re-selling for profit. I've seen used front lips go for $500.
Old 10-09-2020, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
And just FYI - These went out of stock about a year ago if I recall. They just became available for purchase again. People are buying in bulk and re-selling for profit. I've seen used front lips go for $500.
I'm sure none of our members would try to do that here
Old 10-09-2020, 05:09 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ron A
I'm sure none of our members would try to do that here
Of course not, Ron
Old 10-09-2020, 10:39 PM
Racer

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts
I bought a brand new OEM type s front lip from a FB member that attained 20 front lips.. at the time word was the front lip was all sold out nation wide and there were none available and this guy was selling a few white and black front type s lips
I paid $500 shipped and got it today... turns out he cut the box down and folded the lip in half to reduce shipping costs.. paint where the bend is has spider cracks and is deformed.. took it to a shop and they saw it and said to return it because its very likely it wont fit perfectly because of the fold
spoke to the guy and luckily he seems like a good dude and told me he would give me a return label and give me my money back

additionally the body shop had a acura contact and found a dealer nearby that has a white one in stock.. he also told me a few hours ago that they are making a limited batch of white and black aspec front lip kits, im going back to the shop tomorrow to pick one up for $350 and ill get it repainted for $150
Old 10-10-2020, 12:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Please tell me it wasn’t Benny Vasquez.

Last edited by wusty23jd; 10-10-2020 at 12:58 AM.
Old 10-10-2020, 01:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Also, many dealer websites such as oemacuraparts.com and acuraoemparts.com are selling them for $246 I believe. Maybe try pulling one of those listings up and see if the dealer will honor their price? It might save you more money and is worth a shot.
Old 10-10-2020, 03:21 AM
Racer

yeah it was benny
he folded it in half and never mentioned it to me until i received it and texted him asking him if he folded it and he said yeah he had to, to reduce shipping cost
Old 10-10-2020, 09:26 AM
Racer

Also, many dealer websites such as oemacuraparts.com and acuraoemparts.com are selling them for $246 I believe. Maybe try pulling one of those listings up and see if the dealer will honor their price? It might save you more money and is worth a shot.
The only problem with those is they charge around $200 to ship so it's no cheaper. All the dealers around me sell them for $340-$410 and have for the last atleast two years because I check every month lol. But it's also possible they never updated because they also have kbp and cap lips in stock. Maybe I'll finally buy one since they seem to be getting attention on here
Old 10-11-2020, 06:11 PM
Racer

The only problem with those is they charge around $200 to ship so it's no cheaper. All the dealers around me sell them for $340-$410 and have for the last atleast two years because I check every month lol. But it's also possible they never updated because they also have kbp and cap lips in stock. Maybe I'll finally buy one since they seem to be getting attention on here
if you order from eacura store, you can still only pay $350 for the lip... you place a order on the official acura parts website and they will ship the lip to your local dealership of your choosing and call you to pick it up so you dont pay $200 for shipping.. you also dont pay until you pick up the part at the dealership
The following 2 users liked this post by champaned_out:
nist7 (10-30-2020), Ron A (10-11-2020)
Old 10-11-2020, 08:34 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by champaned_out
if you order from eacura store, you can still only pay $350 for the lip... you place a order on the official acura parts website and they will ship the lip to your local dealership of your choosing and call you to pick it up so you dont pay $200 for shipping.. you also dont pay until you pick up the part at the dealership
I was talking about sites like acura oem parts charging for shipping that's why I said dealers charge 340-410. I know the e stores don't if you go pick up cause that's how I got my base a spec kit and just purchased a type s lip earlier hopefully going to pick it up soon. Ended up being 363 after tax and paid online so it will charge the card once order is fulfilled or at least that's what the website says. And for shipping from the e stores it varies he said 200 mine offered to ship for $100 so I guess it depends where you are if your not able to pick it up. But for anyone looking check the e store if it won't let you add to cart on google go to internet explorer it happened to me

Last edited by Wdp_3g; 10-11-2020 at 08:37 PM.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,692 Likes on 1,307 Posts
someone has a full kit in the part stash lol..... I know a guy.
Old 10-12-2020, 08:51 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by champaned_out
yeah it was benny
he folded it in half and never mentioned it to me until i received it and texted him asking him if he folded it and he said yeah he had to, to reduce shipping cost
What in the world!? It is just insane that he would do that without telling you. That's just ridiculous. Is he paying for you to ship it back?
Old 10-13-2020, 01:06 AM
Racer

Received 103 Likes on 60 Posts
that guy is a joke. when i found out everyone on facebook thought benny was a magical supplier of lips i laughed. he literally just goes and buys from dealer and tacks on his markup and ships it.

anyone can order their lip at the dealer although ive heard dealers declining to even make an order for people.
Old 10-13-2020, 07:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Originally Posted by DesertMistTL
that guy is a joke. when i found out everyone on facebook thought benny was a magical supplier of lips i laughed. he literally just goes and buys from dealer and tacks on his markup and ships it.

anyone can order their lip at the dealer although ive heard dealers declining to even make an order for people.

The front lip is coming in small batches and only large dealer (dealer that move a lot of part inventory are allow to order). The guy in FB group keep saying it on forever back order, I just call Tim and boom couple days later a new lip showing up at the front door.
Old 10-13-2020, 08:44 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by DesertMistTL

Ever since he sold his Type-S, I really don't see why he's so active in the group other than to sell parts and make money. I understand he's an admin, but this Type-S lip situation has rubbed me the wrong way after hearing all of this.

Originally Posted by truonghthe
The front lip is coming in small batches and only large dealer (dealer that move a lot of part inventory are allow to order). The guy in FB group keep saying it on forever back order, I just call Tim and boom couple days later a new lip showing up at the front door.
Beautiful. I just received mine yesterday actually, but found some damage. It appears that something may have punctured the box and created a hole during shipping. As a result, the foam packaging ripped and the corner of the lip was exposed. The corner was scuffed/scraped and the paint came off as you can see in the pictures. The opposite corner is completely fine. It's probably not a huge deal, since it's near the wheel. However, I contacted oemacuraparts.com and I'm working through a claim right now.

I hate to be "that guy" but I just can't justify spending $400 for a brand new lip that is damaged right out of the box.

Last edited by wusty23jd; 10-13-2020 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-13-2020, 12:51 PM
Suzuka Master

^^^ sorry to hear that, I ordered several lip from Tim and so far being lucky in shipping process. I never had any problem with Tim regarding about the order or claim process.
Old 10-13-2020, 01:34 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Ever since he sold his Type-S, I really don't see why he's so active in the group other than to sell parts and make money. I understand he's an admin, but this Type-S lip situation has rubbed me the wrong way after hearing all of this.

Beautiful. I just received mine yesterday actually, but found some damage. It appears that something may have punctured the box and created a hole during shipping. As a result, the foam packaging ripped and the corner of the lip was exposed. The corner was scuffed/scraped and the paint came off as you can see in the pictures. The opposite corner is completely fine. It's probably not a huge deal, since it's near the wheel. However, I contacted oemacuraparts.com and I'm working through a claim right now.

I hate to be "that guy" but I just can't justify spending $400 for a brand new lip that is damaged right out of the box.

The same thing happened when I ordered my front lip. Unfortunately, the packaging isn't the greatest. I ended up having to add a little OEM touch-up paint to the corner of the lip .
​​​
​​​
Old 10-13-2020, 02:50 PM
Burning Brakes

Tim has been great thus far and is actively working to resolve this with me. It looks like a replacement will be shipped later today or tomorrow. He instructed that I retain the damaged lip for 10 days in case FedEx wants to recall it for inspection.

Here's to hoping that the new one arrives undamaged!
Old 10-13-2020, 02:55 PM
Instructor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
Tim has been great thus far and is actively working to resolve this with me. It looks like a replacement will be shipped later today or tomorrow. He instructed that I retain the damaged lip for 10 days in case FedEx wants to recall it for inspection.

Here's to hoping that the new one arrives undamaged!
I also got a replacement lip from FedEx and it had the same issue. I don't think that the FedEx workers are very careful with the boxes. I wish you the best of luck!
Old 10-17-2020, 11:37 AM
Racer

$367 picked up no damage on lip from shipping
Old 10-17-2020, 11:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Ayyy awesome! That's great to hear. My new replacement lip is arriving this Wednesday. I just received the FedEx tracking information from Tim. He said there was a slight delay, because they were going to add additional packaging material to help protect this one from damage.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:47 AM
Racer

Ayyy awesome! That's great to hear. My new replacement lip is arriving this Wednesday. I just received the FedEx tracking information from Tim. He said there was a slight delay, because they were going to add additional packaging material to help protect this one from damage.
Hopefully it's all good was worried about mine after reading that but not even a scratch on an edge. I think fedex is the problem they're rough
Old 10-30-2020, 12:03 PM
Burning Brakes

Update - My new lip arrived completely undamaged. The box was reinforced with a TON of extra packaging this time. Tim, from oemacuraparts.com, just gained a customer for life. They took care of everything the way I'd expect a dealership to.

Now I have a spare lip sitting in my garage and I'm not sure if I should keep it as a spare or sell it.

PS - I saw another case on Facebook of a guy receiving a folded A-spec front lip. He paid nearly $500 for it.
Old 10-30-2020, 01:31 PM
Racer

Update - My new lip arrived completely undamaged. The box was reinforced with a TON of extra packaging this time. Tim, from oemacuraparts.com, just gained a customer for life. They took care of everything the way I'd expect a dealership to.

Now I have a spare lip sitting in my garage and I'm not sure if I should keep it as a spare or sell it.

PS - I saw another case on Facebook of a guy receiving a folded A-spec front lip. He paid nearly $500 for it.
There's a guy trying to sell a type s rear for 1100 right now and it's beat up. I don't have any sympathy for that guy who paid $500 he could have easily gotten on an Acura website and gotten one
Old 10-30-2020, 01:56 PM
Safety Car

Received 1,094 Likes on 749 Posts
Originally Posted by truonghthe
^^^ sorry to hear that, I ordered several lip from Tim and so far being lucky in shipping process. I never had any problem with Tim regarding about the order or claim process.
Just to check...the P/N for the A-spec front lip is: 08F01-SEP-210B (last 3 digits change depending on color), correct?

https://estore.honda.com/acura/acces...7028&dl=251012

Price is $346.57 (when I enter my local dealer info, this price shows up)
Acura eStore shows 3 colors available to ship to my local dealer: WDP, NBP, and CBP.

Seems like this may be the best way to order since if I use "Express CHeckout" it ships it directly to my local Acura dealer, $0 freight/shipping charge, and I just pick it up from the dealer...this seems safest since its OEM warehouse to Acura dealer...so I assume the shipping will be more secure/safe since they may be shipping other body parts to that dealer instead of some Rando Joe's home in BumFville, USA.

Will still need to re-paint the color if needed (ie, say if the car is KBP that color is no longer being made from Honda....)....but seems like may be safer than ordering from a site like oemacuraparts?
Old 10-30-2020, 02:00 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,709 Likes on 6,716 Posts
Originally Posted by nist7
Just to check...the P/N for the A-spec front lip is: 08F01-SEP-210B (last 3 digits change depending on color), correct?

Acura eStore shows 3 colors available to ship to my local dealer: WDP, NBP, and CBP.

Seems like this may be the best way to order since if I use "Express CHeckout" it ships it directly to my local Acura dealer, $0 freight/shipping charge, and I just pick it up from the dealer...this seems safest since its OEM warehouse to Acura dealer...so I assume the shipping will be more secure/safe since they may be shipping other body parts to that dealer instead of some Rando Joe's home in BumFville, USA.

Will still need to re-paint the color if needed (ie, say if the car is KBP that color is no longer being made from Honda....)....but seems like may be safer than ordering from a site like oemacuraparts?

I say order from Tim, he's a great guy and can be contacted directly if you call that number from oemacuraparts.com. He'll take care of you!
nist7 (10-30-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 02:04 PM

Received 16,265 Likes on 11,974 Posts
@EvilVirus has a rear type-s bumper
EvilVirus (11-03-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 02:12 PM
Safety Car

Originally Posted by thoiboi
I say order from Tim, he's a great guy and can be contacted directly if you call that number from oemacuraparts.com. He'll take care of you!
Interesting. Looks like he is part of the Honda/Acura OEM since that website lists address for Acura of Peoria in Arizona and they got a big warehouse building behind the dealer...man, would be nice if lived in Arizona....pick it straight from the source!!!
Old 10-30-2020, 02:21 PM
Racer

That's exactly how I did mine save $100 shipping from dealer. I was going to buy on acuraoemparts by ended up around $460 after shipping and I could pick it up for $363 so I chose to drive. I guess it depends on where your located what would work better.
nist7 (10-30-2020)
Old 10-30-2020, 02:24 PM
Safety Car

That's exactly how I did mine save $100 shipping from dealer. I was going to buy on acuraoemparts by ended up around $460 after shipping and I could pick it up for $363 so I chose to drive. I guess it depends on where your located what would work better.
yah thing sucks about body parts is their bulk and size (especially bumpers and long/wide pieces) causes huge increase in shipping cost. The fact that Honda offers essentially free shipping to their dealers and allows customers to order directly by themselves and pick up themselves seems like a huge plus....(depending on cost of the part of course....)
Old 10-30-2020, 02:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 8,709 Likes on 6,716 Posts
Interesting. Looks like he is part of the Honda/Acura OEM since that website lists address for Acura of Peoria in Arizona and they got a big warehouse building behind the dealer...man, would be nice if lived in Arizona....pick it straight from the source!!!
He used to be an AZ vendor as well and was one of the founding members of it evidently according to my conversation with him.. but something happened between him and IB (AZ's parent company) and that partnership ended.. Lots of chisme there

I always recommend Peoria (oemacuraparts.com) for folks closer to Arizona and for those closer to the East Coast (acuraoemaparts.com ) is based in Delray Beach, Florida.
nist7 (10-30-2020)

Quick Reply: Body kits!!!