Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Blue or White LEDs? Opinions wanted!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2007, 09:40 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Received 23 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by slimmyjimmy
These are the exact ones I have too - the white 12LEDs. They're awesome!
No no, I was refferring to the superbright 1W leds seen here. I've tried the 9 clusters, too purple, the 12 cluster, too big, and these 1 Watters.. brighter and perfect color:

from www.superbrightleds.com
WLED-WHP Pure White High Power
12 VDC Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)
With High Power Pure White LED
Our brightest bulb of this type - Polarized bulb
$ 4.95

1Watt single on left, 12 led cluster on right.

I also used the single 1W leds for license plate and reverse bulbs (need more for reverse though).
Old 01-04-2007, 09:48 PM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Kennedy
No no, I was refferring to the superbright 1W leds seen here. I've tried the 9 clusters, too purple, the 12 cluster, too big, and these 1 Watters.. brighter and perfect color:

from www.superbrightleds.com
WLED-WHP Pure White High Power
12 VDC Wedge Base bulb (194/168 type)
With High Power Pure White LED
Our brightest bulb of this type - Polarized bulb
$ 4.95

1Watt single on left, 12 led cluster on right.

I also used the single 1W leds for license plate and reverse bulbs (need more for reverse though).
Oh yeh, I've seen these. They seem to work great for those that have them too. Do they have a blue tint at all or are they just pure white?

Also, you said that they fit for the reverse lights too? I might wanna switch them up with my PIAA hyperwhites that I got in there if they're similar cause the PIAA's reflect a blue tint on the reverse mirrors and they're kinda attractive to cops in this area.

Thanks for the great write-up!
Old 01-04-2007, 10:00 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Oh yeh, I've seen these. They seem to work great for those that have them too. Do they have a blue tint at all or are they just pure white?

Also, you said that they fit for the reverse lights too? I might wanna switch them up with my PIAA hyperwhites that I got in there if they're similar cause the PIAA's reflect a blue tint on the reverse mirrors and they're kinda attractive to cops in this area.

Thanks for the great write-up!
By the color spectrum, they're equivalent to 6000K HID... very slight hint of blue, almost pure white... where as the 12 led clusters are considerd 8500K, and the 9 led cluster are around 11000K (puttin it in HID terms)

They work great for reverse, but you really need a true bulb back there to get maximum light output from the reflector. I'm actually shopping for a high output 921 bulb (that's not blue) for reverse.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:17 PM
now with four rings

They work great for reverse, but you really need a true bulb back there to get maximum light output from the reflector. I'm actually shopping for a high output 921 bulb (that's not blue) for reverse.
take a look at my sig for the reverse light i use...then look here to see a few pics of my reverse lights...no blue tint or anything and people seem to notice (and like) them quite often...
Old 01-04-2007, 10:31 PM
OMGWTF4THGENTL

Originally Posted by rimz
take a look at my sig for the reverse light i use...then look here to see a few pics of my reverse lights...no blue tint or anything and people seem to notice (and like) them quite often...
Rimz, thanks... any details on them... they look good. Source?

Any thoughts on these:
https://acurazine.com/forums/ramblings-12/blade-trinity-exclusive-clip-150827/
Old 01-04-2007, 11:08 PM
Pro

hey rimz, where can I purchase those xenon 921 bulbs from? I took a look at those pics and they actually look the exact same as the PIAA's and you say that they don't have that bluish ricey look to them which is perfect. I think I might change mine up.
Old 01-05-2007, 11:21 AM
now with four rings

Rimz, thanks... any details on them... they look good. Source?

Any thoughts on these:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=150827
my xenon 921 lights are superwhite, no tint to them at all...just bright ass white...

i think they look awesome! ...the pictures don't do them justice...they look better in person...just the other day a guy i work with noticed i had them and basically fell in love with them...he began looking at LED lights for his truck...

i bought mine off ebay...got 3 of them from a store on there at $1.50 each, which was a sweet deal...can't remember the name of the store though...

i haven't heard about or had any experience with those 1W LED your link points too...though i have heard good things about autolumination, but those LEDs might be a lil more expensive than the $1.50 paid...as long as it gets the job done, right?

here's what my xenon 921 bulbs look like:

they're purple colored, but give off nothing but pure white...so in the daytime if you look at your reverse lights (when you're not in reverse, of course), you'll notice a purpleish color inside your reverse light housing...kinda sets you apart from everyone else with no color in their housing during the day...i like it, though i don't have a pic during the day...i could take one though if you like...
Old 01-05-2007, 11:24 AM
now with four rings

hey rimz, where can I purchase those xenon 921 bulbs from? I took a look at those pics and they actually look the exact same as the PIAA's and you say that they don't have that bluish ricey look to them which is perfect. I think I might change mine up.
i bought 3 of them off of ebay for $1.50 each...one was for my trunk light...i can't remember the store's name though on ebay...just search for 'xenon 921 white' and you should have a few choices to buy from...

and yeah, no tint to them at all...perfect white...
Old 01-05-2007, 01:26 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rimz
i bought 3 of them off of ebay for $1.50 each...one was for my trunk light...i can't remember the store's name though on ebay...just search for 'xenon 921 white' and you should have a few choices to buy from...

and yeah, no tint to them at all...perfect white...
Cool, thanks for the info.

I'll look into them
Old 01-08-2007, 12:11 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm having a problem trying to find the right blub over at superbrightleds.com what model of bulb do you guys get the 12 led ones. Thanks
Old 01-08-2007, 11:06 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by lembowski
I'm having a problem trying to find the right blub over at superbrightleds.com what model of bulb do you guys get the 12 led ones. Thanks
Do a search for the 921x12 bulb in superbrightleds.com. It should bring up the results from there. I have the white 12LEDs in my car and they're sweet!