Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Black Chrome Badges

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2004, 09:52 PM
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Black Chrome Badges

Does anyone know where to pick up a set of the black chrome badges. My dealer send me to one of there vendors, who wants to charge an arm and a leg. If anyone can tell me where I can get the front and rear Acura badges it wouild be a help. Thanks
Old 04-26-2004, 10:35 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by sixspdntl
Does anyone know where to pick up a set of the black chrome badges. My dealer send me to one of there vendors, who wants to charge an arm and a leg. If anyone can tell me where I can get the front and rear Acura badges it wouild be a help. Thanks
Don't expect us to help you deform your luxury car, bub. There are enough FrankenTL wannabe's in here. Please post pics though; we like a good laugh. It's always fun watching some kid rice his $35,000 car into the $22,000 Accord he wished he'd bought instead.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:40 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by boltjames
Don't expect us to help you deform your luxury car, bub. There are enough FrankenTL wannabe's in here. Please post pics though; we like a good laugh. It's always fun watching some kid rice his $35,000 car into the $22,000 Accord he wished he'd bought instead.
Ouchy.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:42 PM
Safety Car

uh oh....here we go again.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:44 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by sixspdntl

I actually haven't heard of this. How much was the vendor charging?
Which badges are they; all of them including the acura "A"? What color TL are you putting them on? If you do get them, post up some pics. Sorry, I am no help, but I am curious how it will turn out. I wouldn't do it, but I like to see people try new ideas.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:55 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by OmegaTL
I wouldn't do it, but I like to see people try new ideas.
What a great thread that would be. The "You Try It But I Wouldn't In a Million Years On My Car" thread...

Things I'd like someone else to try:

1. Peel off every badge on the car. No, not just the exterior. No, not just 'branding'. Don't stop there. Take them ALL off. See those climate control buttons? Eek! Get those letters off of 'em....now! That indented "OFF" on the ignition cylinder! Sand it down. That fuc*ing clock? Disconnect it. De-bage the car and do it right. No words, not a single letter. Naked.

2. Trade your ebony headrests with a quartz owner and vice versa.

3. Roof rack. Thule is preferred. Oh, and don't forget.....three coats of Zaino Bros' Show Car Polish™. There is nothing on the market that compares to Show Car Polish products. Guaranteed!

4. Remove the side mirrors and replace with a pair from a Hummer H2. They've got those sexy turn signals built-in. Built in! Whoa!

5. Set all your XM presets to "Sunny".

6. Buy two sets of side moldings. Put one in the center of the door. Put the other *inside* the doorhandle groove. Sweet! And safe too! Don't forget the Zaino Bros' Show Car Polish™. It's the easiest polish you will ever use. There is nothing on the market that compares to Show Car Polish products. Guaranteed!

7. Figure out a way to get the owners manual in the glove compartment.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:04 PM
Team Anthracite President

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Roflmao
Old 04-26-2004, 11:05 PM
Instructor

What a great thread that would be. The "You Try It But I Wouldn't In a Million Years On My Car" thread...

1. Peel off every badge on the car. No, not just the exterior. No, not just 'branding'. Don't stop there. Take them ALL off. See those climate control buttons? Eek! Get those letters off of 'em....now! That indented "OFF" on the ignition cylinder! Sand it down. That fuc*ing clock? Disconnect it. De-bage the car and do it right. No words, not a single letter. Naked.

3. Roof rack. Thule is preferred. Oh, and don't forget.....three coats of Zaino Bros' Show Car Polish™. There is nothing on the market that compares to Show Car Polish products. Guaranteed!

4. Remove the side mirrors and replace with a pair from a Hummer H2. They've got those sexy turn signals built-in. Built in! Whoa!

6. Buy two sets of side moldings. Put one in the center of the door. Put the other *inside* the doorhandle groove. Sweet! And safe too! Don't forget the Zaino Bros' Show Car Polish™. It's the easiest polish you will ever use. There is nothing on the market that compares to Show Car Polish products. Guaranteed!

:lol1:

OMG, that is too funny. I about lost it. You and TLGATOR are part of the reason that I keep coming back here.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:15 PM
Banned

I wouldn't talk if I were you Bolt. It wasn't too long ago you were asking about a wood kit for the rear license plate frame. :yack:
Old 04-26-2004, 11:24 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by TLover
I wouldn't talk if I were you Bolt. It wasn't too long ago you were asking about a wood kit for the rear license plate frame. :yack:
You need one of them scrotom retractors, too.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:34 PM
Banned

You need one of them scrotom retractors, too.
Yeah, the warm weather is making 'em hang a bit low.

Hey, I also found a place that has that wood kit for the license frame area. Still interested? :thefinger
Old 04-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Hey, I also found a place that has that wood kit for the license frame area. Still interested? :thefinger
God, that would be ugly. I'd have to have some wood mudflaps to coordinate.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:50 PM
Banned

Don't try to deny it, Bolt.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showp...33&postcount=7

Old 04-26-2004, 11:52 PM
Drifting

That's supposed to be funny?
Old 04-26-2004, 11:54 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

LOL. My first attempts at humor were misunderstood it seems.

:clown:
Old 04-26-2004, 11:55 PM
Banned

LOL. My first attempts at humor were misunderstood it seems.

:clown:
Sure it was.
Old 04-27-2004, 01:50 AM
Team Anthracite Webmaster

personally, i don't think black emblems / lettering would look "rice". it's even offered on some luxury cars standard... and i don't see how it would be rice. it's different, that's all.
Old 04-27-2004, 09:33 AM
What's a TL?

Originally Posted by zeezz
personally, i don't think black emblems / lettering would look "rice". it's even offered on some luxury cars standard... and i don't see how it would be rice. it's different, that's all.

I agree, I'm not sure I would want black, but the gunmetal look would be nice (I know toyota offers it for many of their cars). People sound like they think these would look cheezy, but I think that they would look pretty clean...its not like hes asking about GOLD emblems :yack:
Old 04-27-2004, 10:56 AM
Shift_faster

Personally I like the black chrome emblems. Lexus offers the "black pearl" treatment on its vehicles. I think it might look good on my Anthracite. I disagree that its "rice." But to each his/her own...sixspdntl, if you do get more info, please share...thanks.
Old 04-27-2004, 11:03 AM
Life is good.

I think that if they are metal, you could get them powder coated, that would look sweet. Also, if you cannot do that, you can go and get some spray tint, this will tint them black, but keep that pearl look to it like the Lexus badges. Good idea, I think I'll go and do it myself, thanks.
Old 04-27-2004, 12:33 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Someone show some pictures, please. I would be interested. I have seen the "Camry" logo in black/gunmetal, and I thought It looked pretty cool. Different from the normal crome logo you see on every car.

I agree, if it's in gold, maybe it's a bit too much...
Old 04-27-2004, 01:54 PM
Rum Runner

I would rather have the gunmetal badges over the freaking blue courtesy lights. Why not include a graphics package like the guy pointing the finger in the Fast And Furious movie?

Old 04-27-2004, 02:13 PM
Shift_faster

Now I'm really curious. If you could powdercoat the "A" in the back, the "Acura" and the "TL", what about the "A" in the front? If you powdercoat that...what about the "wings" and the matte silver grille? Am I thinking too deeply into this?
Old 04-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by PoochaKannInc
Am I thinking too deeply into this?
I'm not sure about the thinking part, but no question there's too deep o'something going on.
Old 04-27-2004, 02:58 PM
Shift_faster

Originally Posted by TLGator
I'm not sure about the thinking part,
You're right...I'm not sure about the thinking part either...my head would hurt a lot more if I put thought into this... :toothless
Old 04-27-2004, 02:59 PM
Life is good.

I would do just the badges. Nice and subtle. Think it would look really sweet on Anthrecite or Black, not sure about silver tho. I agree that graphics are nasty tho, my friend got a "spyril max" supercharger on his RSX and he put like 10 graphic that say "spyril max.com" all over, it looks horrible! Even a huge "S U P E R C H A R G E D" sticker on the back window.
Old 04-27-2004, 03:09 PM
Team Anthracite Member

Maybe the best post I have read on this site. Great insight! Still laughing 1hr later
Old 04-27-2004, 04:12 PM
Team Anthracite President

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Boltjames out did himself on this one!

Mike Smeezy,
Old 04-27-2004, 06:15 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by hmdsc
Maybe the best post I have read on this site. Great insight! Still laughing 1hr later
Gracias. I have a resume if you're an Internet Message Board Humorist recruiter. How much to they make these days, anyway?
Old 04-27-2004, 06:17 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by Vffr1
Boltjames out did himself on this one!

Mike Smeezy,
Thanks, Mike. We Anthracitians need to stick together in our fight against the People Of Zaino™, the Puffy Lumpers, and the Debadgers.

(Sounds like a future Quentin Tarentino flick. BJ)
Old 04-27-2004, 06:21 PM