3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best vendor for cabin interior parts?

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2017, 05:13 AM
Instructor

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Question Best vendor for cabin interior parts?

I'm looking to replace a few pieces of the cabin interior for my 04 6MT ABP/Camel beauty. I've sourced from a few different vendors for a few things like replacing the Acura badge on the trunk after someone stole mine, replaced the shift knob that was all scratched up, cupholder after the sliding cover broke, etc. I'm looking into replacing the center console armrest top, silver accent console running strips, etc, but need to find a reliable vendor with decent prices. As I think we all know, a little face lift here and there goes a long way! Thoughts/experience?

I tried searching through this forum, some past threads I've been active in, the garage, etc, but unfortunately as Mods here have admitted there's a number of broken links so hoping everyone who's active here can add their thoughts?
Old 12-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
I've ordered parts from at least three different Acura vendors, and Acura Parts for Less seems to have about the lowest prices...

https://www.acurapartsforless.com/

Their shipping charges are also very reasonable, and they ship quickly. The promo code "5NSX" should also save you an additional 5%.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:59 PM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
For the armrest, I suggest getting a leather cover from redline goods. Pair the new leather cover with thick memory foam and you're looking at a better than new arm rest.
Also recommend buying a steering wheel cover from them too. I LOVE mine.

My 2004: Steering wheel cover, 07/08 switchblade key, Type-S silver trims, Type-S shift knob, aluminum pedals, and many other stuff.

The silver accents will be very expensive from any dealer vendor.
Your best bet is to find a junk yard with a set of decent trims (which is rare for an old car), or wrap your trim with vinyl which is what I think most do.
If you find a junk TL with decent trims, the owner probably took very good care of the car, so try to grab anything else that looks good.

Last edited by guitarplayer16; 12-06-2017 at 08:01 PM.