Sponsored by:

Best Interior color...

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 03:53 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by boltjames
Here's WTF I'm talking about:

I've owned Honda/Acura vehicles with all of the above mentioned interiors non-stop since 1989 so I know what I'm talking about.

Loved the contrast with Parchment, but it gets dirty too quickly. I've got kids now and it wouldn't work.

Loved the rich, deep, dark Ebony, but it wears out and gets boring too quickly. Lots of dust. Since the TL's Ebony doesn't offer wood, all you see is a sea of black (dash top, dash controls, headliner, sills, plastic seatwell trim, and carbon fiber) with these funky aluminum strips jumping out.

Loved the easy-clean and simple approach of Quartz, but no one thinks my car has leather let alone is a 'luxury' car. Looks cheap, big regrets. Grey is gloomy, even on the sunniest day.

Love the uniqueness of Camel, and feel that in the TL especially, it's the best of the bunch.

Clear?

BJ
what's clear is that you tried to turn your opinion into a scientific study. there are no right answers here, and you do not have the best color combo out there. it's like every thread i open you're hyping up the combo you picked. it's old.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:18 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by meathead
what's clear is that you tried to turn your opinion into a scientific study. there are no right answers here, and you do not have the best color combo out there. it's like every thread i open you're hyping up the combo you picked. it's old.
It's as scientific as it's going to get for those who ask the "which interior is best" question.

They can choose you, a guy who's owned 1 Honda product, and hear "woo hoo, my choice rules!" or they can choose me, a guy who's owned 10 Honda products, and hear "I've owned every interior combo that the TL is currently available in....here's my first-hand impressions after living in them for the last 15 years of my life."

It's their call as to whether to take heed of what is written, not yours or mine.

BJ
Old 07-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would argure depends on the exterior.

I got Anthracite. Only interior I felt matched was Ebony.

-------------------------------

If I had gotten:

SSM -Ebony

RRP or ABP - Camel

DGP - Camel, though Parchment isn't bad

WDP - Parchment

NBP - Camel or Ebony

DMM - Parchment
Old 07-01-2004, 05:00 PM
Racer

It's as scientific as it's going to get for those who ask the "which interior is best" question.

They can choose you, a guy who's owned 1 Honda product, and hear "woo hoo, my choice rules!" or they can choose me, a guy who's owned 10 Honda products, and hear "I've owned every interior combo that the TL is currently available in....here's my first-hand impressions after living in them for the last 15 years of my life."

It's their call as to whether to take heed of what is written, not yours or mine.

BJ

okay, but that's not how you came off on any of your posts in this thread until now.
Old 07-01-2004, 05:47 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by meathead
okay, but that's not how you came off on any of your posts in this thread until now.
Coming off polite is not as much fun. While not a strip club, this place isn't a church either.

BJ
Old 07-01-2004, 06:30 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Coming off polite is not as much fun. While not a strip club, this place isn't a church either.

BJ
Nor is it a bordello!

But some think to find it a bathroom. :shit:
Old 07-01-2004, 06:40 PM
2nd Gear

I love the ebony - I just personally think it looks great and I have not had one regret. I thought the quartz looked cheap. I did, however like the camel and even the parchment but didn't like the wood trim as much as I liked the aluminum trim. Camel/parchment interiors also reminded me of the Lexus interiors too much...I didnt want a boring old Lexus - I wanted an exciting Acura TL so for me the ebony was the only choice.

But, that's why they offer different interiors - everybody likes something different. If they offered a lime green interior you can bet somebody would order it. Besides, you can't make everyone happy all of the time....but you sure can piss them all off at once.
Old 07-02-2004, 01:16 AM
Racer

Mmmm Lime Greeeeen.... do you think I could special-order that on a silver?? :P
Old 07-02-2004, 01:18 AM
The Oracle of Acurazine!

Received 44 Likes on 12 Posts
QUARTZ OR EBONY
Old 07-02-2004, 09:22 AM
Drifting

GET WHAT YOU LIKE GUYS!!!......why listen to BJ??? Anyone with the initials "BJ" begs to be ignored. It's what you like, not what he says is correct. There is no "science" to color choice, it's a matter of personal choice.
Old 07-02-2004, 11:43 AM
8th Gear

I personally like Parchment, I've always preferred that color for learther. Camel is just too orange for me. But to each there own. That would suck if everyone liked and bought the same color car with the same color interior
Old 07-02-2004, 12:33 PM
Intermediate

When I get mien in Feb. I'm probably going to go with silver exterior, quartz interior. One thing about my 2001 TL (silver) was that I had to take the black interior which gets quite hot in the Florida sun!
Old 07-02-2004, 01:19 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by JetJock
GET WHAT YOU LIKE GUYS!!!......There is no "science" to color choice, it's a matter of personal choice.
And yet it is amazing how many people with evidently no minds of their own show up at this forum and start a post to the effect of, "Please help me pick a color for my TL." They might as well ask for help picking their noses. I can see asking the opinion of one's spouse, one's best friend, etc. But a bunch of anonymous people on a forum who are all going to give different opinions anyway? It's hard to think of many things more pathetic than asking for car color advice on the Internet, but people do it all the time.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:11 PM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by TLGator
It's hard to think of many things more pathetic than asking for car color advice on the Internet, but people do it all the time.
Hey guys, after years of nothing but a white girl, I'm looking to have sex with a girl of color....can you recommend one? Which color type gives the best ride, is the most into it, is the most adventurous? Let's hear some opinions!

TIA

BJ
Old 07-02-2004, 05:36 PM
Cruisin'

Ebony :fingerfawk:
Old 07-04-2004, 09:06 AM
Three Wheelin'

A blond with a Camel-colored tan and humps to match.
Old 07-04-2004, 09:35 AM
Team Camel Executive VP

Originally Posted by HTownTL
Ebony :fingerfawk:
I read somewhere that Ebony is great for the first few months but then gets really boring and dull for the next few years. I hear they're really appreciative if you lick their leather clean; can you confirm?

BJ
Old 07-04-2004, 10:21 AM