Sponsored by:

BESt and easiest way to clean My Night Hawk Black TL

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2004, 04:30 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BESt and easiest way to clean My Night Hawk Black TL

HEy i got a month old Black TL night hawk
and i want to kno the steps and the best cheapest easiest way to clean it.
I am leaning to auto dry but people said its not good and its good. Also i kno i want to wax the car (never have done it before) but i dont kno which wax to get and how to apply it properly. I am a total newb at washing cars so i would really like it if you guys could help tell me what to do. Right now all this dust is coming on the back of my car and rain drop marks are still there.
Thanx for the help
V.V.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:50 PM
Advanced

Yo V.V.

I also have NBP and i think its the best color... it turns head like none other, but tough to up keep. smallest swirls or scratches show.

Always use a car wash solution. I use Meguiers stuff. I think that their line of products perform the best. The car is new, so you probably only have to use a detailer spray for the upkeep. if the water is beading anymore, you may want to put a good coat of carnuba wax on there to bring out the gloss and protect. Use a non abrasive cloth or pad. I don't like using sponges. I have a sheep skin pad that I use. Don't wash under direct sunlight, and ALWAYS dry off your car. I use the ABSORBER, which is a super absorbant type of cloth.. better than chamois.

The Meguiars Detailer myst is my best friend. I use it for everything, especially between wax jobs. If there is one place i think you should keep waxed all the time, its the front bumper. Rock chips are less likely and less visible when the front is waxed and smooth. Rocks will more likely glide off rather than bite the paint and chip it off.

Hope that helps.
Old 04-24-2004, 04:51 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by DoubleV69
HEy i got a month old Black TL night hawk
and i want to kno the steps and the best cheapest easiest way to clean it.
I am leaning to auto dry but people said its not good and its good. Also i kno i want to wax the car (never have done it before) but i dont kno which wax to get and how to apply it properly. I am a total newb at washing cars so i would really like it if you guys could help tell me what to do. Right now all this dust is coming on the back of my car and rain drop marks are still there.
Thanx for the help
V.V.
first mistake you got black...very hard to keep clean....ohh well you should get a ton of advise here from very exensive zaino, which i have not tried yet but people swear buy it...i use zymol it works ok, i would get a nice shammy i have a synthetic one works great i just got the clay bar i think its by mothers, i was suprised it worked well, also i just got two california dusters they work great, heard about them on this site...well i got to go one more coat of wax before it gets dark....goodluck jjay
silvsixspd nav 18"rims spoiler 15% tint ect ect
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/550993
Old 04-24-2004, 08:17 PM
never stops!

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I use Zaino. I've put 3 coats since I bought in Dec and are still holding up well. Here is the procedure I used at the begining. However the pics are missing from the thread.

http://www.acura-tl.com/forums/showt...threadid=67902

Also read the 101 Zaino written by Mike. Good thread for Zaino instructions.
Old 04-24-2004, 09:06 PM
Racer

Welcome to pride of ownership - my first black car also. I've had my NBP since mid Dec and I can assure you that this car requires a bit more TLC. In fact, this is the first NEW car ever that I have waxed before the first year.

My trick is to hand wash and pamper with chamois once a week. I've put 4 coats of Zaino Z2 on the car so far and that gives the car a glossy finish look all the time. The reward is truly greater than other cars I've had after a Zaino polish.

Now, here are some of the cons of having this car. I've people (especially kids & teens) leaning on the car to look inside leaving smudges on the car. Any water on the road ruins the wash immidiately. Dust is a terrible thing and always find it's way on to the car - especially right after polish.

Other than that, have fun with it.
Old 04-24-2004, 11:11 PM
Safety Car

if you want the cheapest way to keep your car clean then zaino is not the answer. if you are just concerned with keeping it clean get meguiars gold class car was and wash with a good wash mit. use microfiber towels to dry the car so you will not get swirl marks. those show up on cars really easily on black cars. as for detailing i would use Meguiars NXT wax. instead of using gold class car wash get the NXT car wash instead. i used it last weekend and it works great lots of suds and cleans nicely. then wax with the NXT. just wipe on and wait 15 mins and wipe off. you don't need to do the zaino coat after coat method. it's just as good if not better(opinions will vary) and is quick and cheap. you can wash and wax your car for 20 bucks and can be as fast as an hour. not including the cost of the wash mit and microfiber towels because you'll have to get those regardless.
Old 04-25-2004, 09:16 AM
Advanced

where do you guys get these microfiber towels and everything and also where can i get a california duster...how long does the duster last
Old 04-25-2004, 02:40 PM
Instructor

pep boys

any auto store
Old 04-25-2004, 03:48 PM
Racer

Received 55 Likes on 27 Posts
I gave Zaino a try and really like the results. I bought the exterior car kit for $85, which included alot of Zaino's products.
Old 04-25-2004, 05:57 PM
Advanced

Try WalMart for everything (except for the Zaino).
Old 04-25-2004, 06:50 PM
Advanced

yea i dont feel like shelling out 85 bucks for zaino
Old 04-25-2004, 07:00 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Get a California duster for between waxes and washes. I had one with my last car which was black, and I use it on my TL although it doesn't show the dirt but its still there. Most waxes are good but I really like the Zaino line.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:45 AM
Drifting

If you let water dry on a NBP Acura, those water spots you see will eventually ruin the paint...trust me, I had 2 NBP TL's, and both had permanent rain damage from water spotting on the paint. My second car (2002TLS) had these spots so bad all over the hood and trunk, the dealer was going to repaint, but I didn't want a new car repainted, so they gave me a Comptech exhaust system free to keep me happy. Needless to say, that was the LAST NBP car I will ever own. Presently, I have Anthracite 6mt, navi, and I love the car....no rattles,no paint problems..just a really nice car.
Old 04-26-2004, 06:55 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by JetJock
If you let water dry on a NBP Acura, those water spots you see will eventually ruin the paint...trust me, I had 2 NBP TL's, and both had permanent rain damage from water spotting on the paint. My second car (2002TLS) had these spots so bad all over the hood and trunk, the dealer was going to repaint, but I didn't want a new car repainted, so they gave me a Comptech exhaust system free to keep me happy. Needless to say, that was the LAST NBP car I will ever own. Presently, I have Anthracite 6mt, navi, and I love the car....no rattles,no paint problems..just a really nice car.
You had to dry your car every time it rained ? What about morning Dew ?
Old 04-26-2004, 07:06 AM
Drifting

Well....when I got the permanent water spots...I kinda got gun shy...and after that, I never ever drove the car in the rain...ever. You get spots all over the car...and you get really paranoid about spotting....so, I just gave up and got the Anthracite color...and since then...I've not had any trouble. But yes, to answer your question....I kept the car garaged...but if I ever got water on it, I would dry it ASAP....never ever let water stand...and dry on the paint...cause it WILL spot the paint eventually...depending on where you live...it's BAD in the NE with acid rain damage.