3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best dealer service in East Bay (San Francisco Bay area)

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2006, 03:54 AM
10th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best dealer service in East Bay (San Francisco Bay area)

Let me start by stating, that I prefer to perform my own car maintenance, inclusive of oil changes, but sooner or later it seems inevitable that some dealer maintenance (or warranty work) will be required.

Just looking for a good service from a dealer in East Bay area.

Thanks in advance for your input.

05 TL, MT, Silver
Old 02-11-2007, 11:55 PM
10th Gear

Looking for an updated information for a good dealer *service* in Concord, Pleasanton, Oakland or Marin area. (Northern California)

Looks like I may need some warranty work on my '05 TL.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

'05 TL, 6MT, Silver/Ebony
Old 02-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Not a dude.

Originally Posted by RogueTL
Looking for an updated information for a good dealer *service* in Concord, Pleasanton, Oakland or Marin area. (Northern California)

Looks like I may need some warranty work on my '05 TL.

Thanks in advance for feedback.

'05 TL, 6MT, Silver/Ebony
LONG POST ALERT!!

Here's a report of my own experience. Please don't consider it a full recommendation, since I don't have enough of a "sample size" in order to make a full recommendation. In other words, this is a positive report, but YMMV.

Summary: I have taken my car to Acura of Concord twice in the 7 months. Both times the service there has been excellent, but pricey on "non-standard" items.

First experience: I took the car there in July shortly after I'd purchased it used from a private party. Here's what I had done and what they charged me, from my invoice:

(1) Replace HFL system -- No charge, warranty
(2) Smog check (change of ownership) -- $127.25
(3) New Key/immobilizer and new remote #2 -- $267.97
......Key, immobilizer $45.34
......Fob, mem 2 92.63
......Labor 130.00
(4) Provide loaner -- no charge
(5) Courtesy wash -- no charge
(6) Four wheel align -- $156.00
Tax on parts -- $11.39
Total $562.61

These guys (Acura of Concord) love to do warranty work. I suspect it's that way at many car dealers. Provided the service department keeps good records that the customer complained of a warranty problem (i.e. "customer says the HFL system doesn't work"), and they verified this concern, they're going to get paid 100% by the company. Big profit center. So they love it. All you have to do is mention any little problem and they will replace whatever the item is. At least that has been my experience. (More below).

They provide loaner vehicles OR a shuttle service. Obviously a loaner is preferable so be sure to request a loaner when you book your appointment. I recommend dropping your car off as early in the day as possible to enhance the odds of getting one. The more work you're having done, the more likely you'll be slated for a loaner, but it pays to be insistent that you need one. You don't want to be stuck with the shuttle service. They do have a very nice waiting area so if you were having something minimal done it would be okay to wait there. (Computers, TV, stocked refrig, Starbucks coffee, newspapers, magazines, etc). Both times I've had loaners they've been TL's in good condition with <10k miles. Be sure you bring your driver's license and proof of insurance because you have to "sign your life away". No bigee as long as you return the car in good condition.

Depending on what you're having done, they may have your car for a day or two, so that's another reason to get a loaner. If they're replacing parts under warranty, it may take a day to get the parts in so that means keeping your car overnight at a minimum. I figure, who cares as long as I have a decent car to drive?

They perform a "courtesy wash" automatically unless you specifically tell them not to. I think they do a good job on the wash but then again I am not one of those car detailing fanatics. I will have to leave that up to your discretion. Personally, I like the idea of a "free" car wash.

I was happy with everything they did but felt that they overcharged by a ton for the key work. I thought the prices on the other work were reasonable.

Second experience: Just took my car in this week for a B2 service and some warranty work. Service rep Ronny Garcia gave me excellent service. He called me regularly to update me on the status of the work. Here's what they did and what they charged for it:

(1) B2 service -- $253.58
(2) ECU reset -- no charge, warranty
...... car had been starting and running rough
(3) Replace right side mirror motor -- no charge, warranty
...... mirror had been making a loud grinding sound when tilting down
(4) Replace radio head unit -- no charge, warranty
...... radio reset buttons were sticking so they replaced the entire radio (!!)
(5) Perform courtesy wash
(6) Acura Loaner
Sales tax $2.94
Total $256.52

I was pretty amazed that they replaced the entire radio head unit just because the buttons were sticky. That's what I mean about "these guys love to do warranty work." So don't hesitate to bring up any concerns you may have. Just make sure that you can pin point it, not "there's a squeak somewhere."

Good luck!

Let us know where you end up going and what your experience is.
Old 02-12-2007, 12:03 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by rt4563
LONG POST ALERT!!

Here's a report of my own experience. Please don't consider it a full recommendation, since I don't have enough of a "sample size" in order to make a full recommendation. In other words, this is a positive report, but YMMV.

Summary: I have taken my car to Acura of Concord twice in the 7 months. Both times the service there has been excellent, but pricey on "non-standard" items.

First experience: I took the car there in July shortly after I'd purchased it used from a private party. Here's what I had done and what they charged me, from my invoice:

(1) Replace HFL system -- No charge, warranty
(2) Smog check (change of ownership) -- $127.25
(3) New Key/immobilizer and new remote #2 -- $267.97
......Key, immobilizer $45.34
......Fob, mem 2 92.63
......Labor 130.00
(4) Provide loaner -- no charge
(5) Courtesy wash -- no charge
(6) Four wheel align -- $156.00
Tax on parts -- $11.39
Total $562.61

These guys (Acura of Concord) love to do warranty work. I suspect it's that way at many car dealers. Provided the service department keeps good records that the customer complained of a warranty problem (i.e. "customer says the HFL system doesn't work"), and they verified this concern, they're going to get paid 100% by the company. Big profit center. So they love it. All you have to do is mention any little problem and they will replace whatever the item is. At least that has been my experience. (More below).

They provide loaner vehicles OR a shuttle service. Obviously a loaner is preferable so be sure to request a loaner when you book your appointment. I recommend dropping your car off as early in the day as possible to enhance the odds of getting one. The more work you're having done, the more likely you'll be slated for a loaner, but it pays to be insistent that you need one. You don't want to be stuck with the shuttle service. They do have a very nice waiting area so if you were having something minimal done it would be okay to wait there. (Computers, TV, stocked refrig, Starbucks coffee, newspapers, magazines, etc). Both times I've had loaners they've been TL's in good condition with <10k miles. Be sure you bring your driver's license and proof of insurance because you have to "sign your life away". No bigee as long as you return the car in good condition.

Depending on what you're having done, they may have your car for a day or two, so that's another reason to get a loaner. If they're replacing parts under warranty, it may take a day to get the parts in so that means keeping your car overnight at a minimum. I figure, who cares as long as I have a decent car to drive?

They perform a "courtesy wash" automatically unless you specifically tell them not to. I think they do a good job on the wash but then again I am not one of those car detailing fanatics. I will have to leave that up to your discretion. Personally, I like the idea of a "free" car wash.

I was happy with everything they did but felt that they overcharged by a ton for the key work. I thought the prices on the other work were reasonable.

Second experience: Just took my car in this week for a B2 service and some warranty work. Service rep Ronny Garcia gave me excellent service. He called me regularly to update me on the status of the work. Here's what they did and what they charged for it:

(1) B2 service -- $253.58
(2) ECU reset -- no charge, warranty
...... car had been starting and running rough
(3) Replace right side mirror motor -- no charge, warranty
...... mirror had been making a loud grinding sound when tilting down
(4) Replace radio head unit -- no charge, warranty
...... radio reset buttons were sticking so they replaced the entire radio (!!)
(5) Perform courtesy wash
(6) Acura Loaner
Sales tax $2.94
Total $256.52

I was pretty amazed that they replaced the entire radio head unit just because the buttons were sticky. That's what I mean about "these guys love to do warranty work." So don't hesitate to bring up any concerns you may have. Just make sure that you can pin point it, not "there's a squeak somewhere."

Good luck!

Let us know where you end up going and what your experience is.
That it great to hear, thanks.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:30 PM
Advanced

Excellent service from Concord Acura,and try to go to Marin Acura website they have a coupon for an oil change for 35 bucks+tax if you got lazy changing you oil..
Old 02-14-2007, 12:39 PM
10th Gear

Thanks for feedback.

Anyone else has had *service *experience with listed dealers?

Will probably make an appointment this week.

'05 TL, 6MT, sliver/ebony
Old 02-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by RogueTL
Thanks for feedback.

Anyone else has had *service *experience with listed dealers?

Will probably make an appointment this week.

'05 TL, 6MT, sliver/ebony
Don't know about service, but Marin gave a much better deal on my TL than Concord would, and they were much nicer too.
Old 02-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I've never had a problem with Acura of Pleasanton. I've taken my 04 there for over a year with only warrenty issues and they were always accomidating.
Old 02-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Advanced

Marin Acura aint that great either. Good customer service maybe but actual service on the car is not that great. I wouldnt go there unless i need a warranty work.