Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Best After-Market Alarm/Anti-Theft/Tracking system

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2004, 01:10 AM
TL User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best After-Market Alarm/Anti-Theft/Tracking system

I had a close call with my new TL which was parked in the garage. Someone (probably garage security) tipped off the thieves about the new car and they came in to get it over the weekend. However, I took my TL on the weekend trip and parked my other car in my stall. So the thieves stole my other car. Thankfully police found the car the following Monday and the damage caused was relatively light.

Anyway, needless to say I won't be parking in the garage until I upgrade my stock Acura alarm with something with a little more "anti-theft" kick in it. I am thinking about a dual-approach: To prevent from stealing and to track the car if the car does end-up being stolen.

I will take the car to a shop this weekend to get the windows tinted and I will have them also install the upgraded system as well.

What are some recommendations out there that will work nicely with the 04 TL? My budget is relatively open-ended.
Old 08-05-2004, 01:24 AM
Advanced

computerstar is not bad, but if you want to track your car, thats gonna be more money, alot more
Old 08-05-2004, 07:01 AM
Advanced

Alarm

Hello,
I purchased from my dealer an AudioVox Alarm system with a remote start. The alarm seems to be working fine. I also purchased a LoJack with Early warning.

One word of advice. Have the installer have the alarm arm with the "Door lights" not the dom light.

The dom light will not stay on while the door is open. The dom light will only stay on 5-30 sec (Programmable) when the door is open and no way to keep the dom light on when the door is open (except to manually switch the light on).

If you program your alarm for passive mode (arms without your intervention) the alarm will arm once the dom light goes out.

Also if you try to arm the car when you close the door, the dom light stays on for a while and if you arm your car once you close the door, it won't arm correctly.

The problems that I have, has nothing to do with the alarm system, it's is how it was installed. I will be calling the dealer to have it fixed.