Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bad weekend =(

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2007, 12:52 PM
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry Bad weekend =(

F***IN IDIOTS on NY roads maaaaaannn...... some jerk off kid slams on his brakes in front of me saturday night.....he ends up slamming the car in front of him and I slide around like crazy and end up going into the median (all grass) next thing u know i get out look around everything seems to be fine the skirts got a lil scratched on the bottom no biggie right?.... i look at my rim its scratched and has dirt n grass inbetween the rim n tire.....how thats possible i have no idea. I was on my way to my boys house upstate....so i finally get there....and shut the car down....wake up the next day....NO MORE POWER STEERING!!!!!!!!!! the F***IN RACK BLEW!!!!!!!! how the F**K is that possible! this car is a serious piece of shit....this is gonna be the 3rd rack acura puts in.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
your blaming the car because you weren't maintaining enough distance between you and the idiot in front of you and end up in the median? good one.....

glad to c you weren't hurt though. it could have been worse.....
Old 08-06-2007, 01:12 PM
'02 NBP TL-S

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn man, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope Acura takes care of your needs. Once in a while there will be a few bad lemons.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Gratis dictum

I guess you've learned your lesson about following too closely. Too bad your car got messed up in the process; it is fixable, but could be costly.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Instructor

What part does the "rack" actually refer to. Only thing that comes to mind is rack and pinion. If the rack broke then I don't even see how the car is drivable. If the gears stripped on the rack then it wouldn't steer. If a tie rod broke then it would not be drivable.

Perhaps the hydraulic lines broke or are leaking? The piston that controls the power steering is damaged? The pump itself is damaged?
Old 08-06-2007, 01:28 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
what's the saying?

"here's your sign"

?

"i get into car accidents and blame the manufacturer the next day"

Sorry to hear about the accident, could have been worse.
Old 08-06-2007, 01:34 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Did you get the jerks info since you were involved... I HATE NYC DRIVERS
Old 08-06-2007, 01:43 PM

Originally Posted by stillhere153
Did you get the jerks info since you were involved... I HATE NYC DRIVERS

why would he get the other drivers info? he didn't hit anyone.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:11 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
If you rear end somebody, it's your fault for following too closely, not the other person's fault for braking too quickly. You complain that the OTHER driver is the poor driver for stopping too quickly and then blame Acura when you run off the road and get damages after YOUR driving negligence. In doing so, you just make yourself look like a jackass. Good job.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:29 PM
Instructor

Sorry to hear. Glad you're you weren't seriously hurt. What everyone is saying is right though, can't really blame anyone but yourself. The fact that you almost rammed him shows that you were too close. I was guilty of that this weekend as well, luckily I didn't hit him though.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:29 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

dude, let the flaming begin

#1. You're one of the "F***IN IDIOTS on NY roads maaaaaannn" who didn't have ENOUGH distance between you and the car in front of you, YOUR FAULT

#2. You're blaming the driver in front of you? give me a break - things happen, you should be prepared, so obviously you were driving way too close to him that you had to SLIDE around him etc if you had enough distance, you would've STOPPED In time and if the roads were slick, your ABS would've kicked in immediately and stopped you with MINIMAL sliding...again, YOUR FAULT for not keeping 1 car lengths distance for 10mph of speed and doubling that due to slick road conditions (if they were)

#3. DONT BLAME ACURA because YOU were following too quickly and ended up in the grass median, got dirt/grass in your tire and now the rack/pinion is gone. YOUR FAULT.

I've lived in NY for 27 years, had my liscense for 11 since I was 16, I'm ONE OF THOSE NY drivers...you screwed up, don't blame anyone else or the manufacturer...you're almost as bad as the guy who once created that thread "VSA ALMOST KILLED ME"

be prepared to be flamed by everyone on an account of your stupidity.

glad you're ok though!
Old 08-06-2007, 02:31 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
I slammed into a wall going 50 and the car broke. goddamn these cheap cars.

kidding aside, its too bad the piece of shit steering didnt go out on you on the way to your buddies house.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Safety Car

too close?!?!?!? dude I maintain enough distance in front and in back of me......I dont drive like I just got my license...10yrs ago.... Im driving a $$40K money pit that I baby....and Im not willing to dick around only because I know what happens and been in situations where its happened. I had about 200 feet of distance....sparkplug, the asshole who hit the dude in front of me came out of the right lane for no apparent reason and hit the guy..... it was either turn right and slam into a car or go into the grass.......hmmmm wow I still look like a jack ass now dont I? You have to be an idiot if you're tailgating in NY.... and yea I will blame acura.... not for the assholes in front or in back but for the rack blowing.....I dont know what blew exactly but all the fluid drained out from the right side.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:35 PM
RacinLife

Originally Posted by Tripnbeats
F***IN IDIOTS on NY roads maaaaaannn...... some jerk off kid slams on his brakes in front of me saturday night.....he ends up slamming the car in front of him and I slide around like crazy and end up going into the median (all grass) next thing u know i get out look around everything seems to be fine the skirts got a lil scratched on the bottom no biggie right?.... i look at my rim its scratched and has dirt n grass inbetween the rim n tire.....how thats possible i have no idea. I was on my way to my boys house upstate....so i finally get there....and shut the car down....wake up the next day....NO MORE POWER STEERING!!!!!!!!!! the F***IN RACK BLEW!!!!!!!! how the F**K is that possible! this car is a serious piece of shit....this is gonna be the 3rd rack acura puts in.

I cant believe someone is STUPID enough to get on here and blame eveyone but themselves.........If YOU hadnt been too close YOU would have been able to avoid the car in front of YOU without tearing up YOUR car!
Old 08-06-2007, 02:40 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

too close?!?!?!? dude I maintain enough distance in front and in back of me......
obviously not?
Old 08-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Instructor

Some accidents are just impossible to avoid. I'm pretty sure he just explained it wrong. I hated how my parents acted like I could've avoided this accident when someone spun out and slammed into me in the rain. The guy tried to blame me but the cops said I was not at fault whatsoever.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:41 PM
Safety Car

No way man.....if it was my fault, i wouldnt have a problem saying so but it really wasnt. YOU THINK I was following too close.......and in reality since u own the same shitbox you respect the distance..... especially if u like driving ur car....and keeping it all pretty
Old 08-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Safety Car

I dont think Ive been pulled over in about 5 yrs that kinda says something...or gotten into an accident
Old 08-06-2007, 02:43 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

No way man.....if it was my fault, i wouldnt have a problem saying so but it really wasnt. YOU THINK I was following too close.......and in reality since u own the same shitbox you respect the distance..... especially if u like driving ur car....and keeping it all pretty
the same shitbox?

dude seriously, grow up #1 and admit to your faults. Second, the car is not a shitbox...it's only one of the best rated cars of all time. Don't take your anger out on the car and others for no reason...
Old 08-06-2007, 02:44 PM
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

I dont think Ive been pulled over in about 5 yrs that kinda says something...or gotten into an accident
not being pulled over doesn't mean a thing.
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Originally Posted by blacktls07
Some accidents are just impossible to avoid. I'm pretty sure he just explained it wrong. I hated how my parents acted like I could've avoided this accident when someone spun out and slammed into me in the rain. The guy tried to blame me but the cops said I was not at fault whatsoever.
yeah- absolutely true...but do you blame the manufacturer for the damages?
RBP > WDP, NBP, SSM etc

not being pulled over doesn't mean a thing...it doesn't make you any better or worse than any OTHER driver out there.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:45 PM
Safety Car

right the same shitbox.... dude if it was my fault i wouldnt have a problem doing so..... if i was riding up his ass and he hit his brakes yea i say id deserve it but i wasnt....
Old 08-06-2007, 02:46 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by ggesq
yeah- absolutely true...but do you blame the manufacturer for the damages?
Of course not. I have to agree it was pretty dumb to blame the manufactuer when "shit happens."
Old 08-06-2007, 02:51 PM
Safety Car

Blacktls understands...... some things are unavoidable..... like what happened....Id love to see how anyone else whos on the board right now wouldve reacted.....like if some kid blew a stop sign and hit u for example..... according to some people it would still be ur fault
Old 08-06-2007, 02:52 PM
Safety Car

oh no no im not blaming acura for anything other than the rack blowing......it shouldnt have blown thats all i was saying botu that
Old 08-06-2007, 02:55 PM
Instructor

"this car is a serious piece of shit....this is gonna be the 3rd rack acura puts in."
Why are you still driving it since you write this stuff? Sell it and buy a serious driving machine that will make you feel better. Your life will be too short to be burdened with substandard cars.
Old 08-06-2007, 02:57 PM
How may I help you.....?

Received 10 Likes on 3 Posts
that is pretty shitty... wonder if that is a warranty item or if they would say "it was part of your accident"
Old 08-06-2007, 03:02 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
oh no no im not blaming acura for anything other than the rack blowing......it shouldnt have blown thats all i was saying botu that
That depends on what you ran over on your trip into the center median.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:04 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by leedogg
I slammed into a wall going 50 and the car broke. goddamn these cheap cars.

kidding aside, its too bad the piece of shit steering didnt go out on you on the way to your buddies house.
roffle giggle i love you.
Old 08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

too close?!?!?!? dude I maintain enough distance in front and in back of me......I dont drive like I just got my license...10yrs ago....
Well you ended up on the median didnt you? guess so....

Im driving a $$40K money pit that I baby....and Im not willing to dick around only because I know what happens and been in situations where its happened.
Add this one to your list because you obviously didn't learn the first time.

I had about 200 feet of distance....sparkplug
Then youre a newb at driving (even though youve been doing it for 10 years...) and shouldnt own a TL

the asshole who hit the dude in front of me came out of the right lane for no apparent reason and hit the guy..... it was either turn right and slam into a car or go into the grass
I think it was page 93 (kidding) in the "How to Drive Defensively" manual in Drivers Ed... you should have studied a little harder.

.......hmmmm wow I still look like a jack ass now dont I?
Yes.

You have to be an idiot if you're tailgating in NY....
Well, thats the first admission I've heard you mention in this entire thread... but more is needed.

and yea I will blame acura....
you were doing so good with the "You have to be an idiot if you're tailgating in NY...." comment

.I dont know what blew exactly but all the fluid drained out from the right side.
You're driving blows...

Sorry, but looking for sympathy about how stupid Acura is dosen't fly here.... im not saying i havent made mistakes, trust me, ive made plenty, but im man enough to admit it and move on.......
Old 08-06-2007, 03:48 PM
Safety Car

fantom good one.....u shouldve just made ur last comment ur first one and it would prove how much u really read the pages..... because im not looking for sympathy if i was id go cry to mom....but im not 19 anymore. And I refuse to get rid of the car donc only becuz its a great ride with lots of potential.... for some reason ive been in the shop with this car more than anyone shouldve been and its not even me that finds the probs its the techs..... and they dont say no to fixing it ...sooo y dont u call acura and tell them to start producing real driving machines and then we can all go buy some and no one will have burdens
Old 08-06-2007, 03:51 PM

Received 5,934 Likes on 2,927 Posts
Wow - didn't take long for this discussion to get out of control . Mods -
Old 08-06-2007, 03:52 PM
Burning Brakes

fantom good one.....u shouldve just made ur last comment ur first one and it would prove how much u really read the pages..... because im not looking for sympathy if i was id go cry to mom....but im not 19 anymore. And I refuse to get rid of the car donc only becuz its a great ride with lots of potential.... for some reason ive been in the shop with this car more than anyone shouldve been and its not even me that finds the probs its the techs..... and they dont say no to fixing it ...sooo y dont u call acura and tell them to start producing real driving machines and then we can all go buy some and no one will have burdens
catching flack for your age puhahahahah
Old 08-06-2007, 03:53 PM
Pimpin' Ain't Easy!

fantom good one.....u shouldve just made ur last comment ur first one and it would prove how much u really read the pages..... because im not looking for sympathy if i was id go cry to mom....but im not 19 anymore.
oh good one pal... went with the age factor... how original - its fine man say what you want... your the one with the messed up TL - not me!
Old 08-06-2007, 05:32 PM
-E-K-S-O-

put the weed pipe down and watch the road....

speaking like a true californian... sorry... like everyone else says... could have been worse...

god saved you this time...
Old 08-06-2007, 05:50 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

So moving past the who's at fault discussion, what, exactly, is wrong with the car? It just lost the fluid? from where? Why are you assuming that the rack is bad again? And why has it been replaced 3x before?
Old 08-06-2007, 05:55 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

Was it that you were in the blind spot of the guy that made the lane change (you could have prevented this one)?
Or did the guy pull into your safe following distance just as the guy that was in front of you (now in front of him) hit the brakes (shit happens, not your fault on this one)?
Old 08-06-2007, 06:01 PM
Mike's Silver Bullet

Originally Posted by 6spMike
So moving past the who's at fault discussion, what, exactly, is wrong with the car? It just lost the fluid? from where? Why are you assuming that the rack is bad again? And why has it been replaced 3x before?
Having it replaced 3x before without good rationale for why it went bad screams that the rack is not the problem.
Old 08-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Safety Car

i didnt even notice the age factor thing...that wasnt my intention....Ok the rack doesnt work 100% i can turn in one direction and it doesnt return. the other directions horrible metal on metal noises. the guy was messin around and he was cutting off all the cars in traffic like he had no time to wait or whatever his excuse was..left right left right.... if i had a way of preventing this it woulda been staying home. U4 i smoke here n there but not when i drive... waaaaayyy too paranoid lol and the reason it kept getting replaced was because of the pump....in the mornings when the car is cold it would be making a bearing noise and then the rack was crackling and rumbling out of control.

Quick Reply: Bad weekend =(