Sponsored by:

Back Seat Leather

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2008, 12:03 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back Seat Leather

Hi All -

I've had my 06 AM TL since March of this year, and I recently got into an accident. Front bumper, hood, and right fender needed to be replaced. Obviously, the body shop needed to repaint the front of the car and blend it into the front half of the car.

I'm usually in the car by myself and only occasionally have my wife with me, so I haven't really paid attention to the back seat. When I got the car back yesterday, it looked like the back seat had been removed and the leather was unusually worn. Now, there's no reason for the shop to have fooled with the back seat, and that's what they claimed.

To the point, I was able to pull the leather up from either side on the rear seat a good inch or so. Is this normal? The thigh support on the front seats is very firm, but the thigh support on either side of my back seat is very soft. I really don't remember it being that way, and I immediately noticed it. When I voiced my concern to the body shop and my insurance agent, they basically acted like I was an idiot.

Is everyone else's 04-06 TL back seat leather in the same condition? Again, I really don't remember it being that worn beforehand.

Thanks for any input you have, and sorry for the book I wrote above!
Old 11-15-2008, 02:25 PM
Intermediate

Anyone have any input? How tight is the leather on your back seat, especially on the thigh support closest to either door?

Just want to know if I have a legitimate complaint, or if it was already like that and I'm going crazy.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:21 PM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
if no one ever sits back there then it should not really be looking worn at all... no?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:17 PM
Man of God.....

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Mine is factory new! Its an 06 also. Very little use also.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:49 PM
Cruisin'

In answer to your question: The leather seating area is fairly tight on my back seats (nobody ever sits back there) and the thigh supports on either side are also firm. There are no signs of distress at all in my back seats. The fact that you noticed some wear and tear should be a tipoff... (but only YOU would know your own car).

Maybe it's just me and my obsessive/overly-protective nature and general distrust for anyone that touches my car:

What would stop a dishonest mechanic from taking (pristine) part(s) off your car and swapping it between his or a friends car?

In fact, someone could have taken your brand new replacement headlamps (if your car had needed them) and replaced it with their old headlamps. Would YOU yourself know the difference???

You also better check under the hood to make sure no one tampered with anything in there. Example: Acura has had some battery problems in the past. It could be a perfect opportunity for someone to swap their battery or any other part (that doesn't have a VIN # stamped/afixed) with yours.

Hopefully I'm wrong... but you never know. There are both good and bad people out there. It just never ceases to amaze me what people are capable of doing when no one is around watching.
Old 11-16-2008, 11:23 AM
Intermediate

Thanks for the replies...the body shop rep and supervisor were very adament about the fact that they didn't touch my back seat. They had me second-guessing myself, but I might take it back again and see what they say.

Since I've already signed and paid the shop, I'm sure they'll tell me to go eff myself. This sucks!