Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Awesome dealer service experience

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2007, 11:16 AM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Awesome dealer service experience

There are many threads on here about dealers either screwing people over or the hassles people have experienced with service departments so I would like to tell you about my recent visit.

It began with the previous service visit. After picking up the car (06 TL) I noticed 2 scratches on one of the wheels. The were about 1/4" long and ran from the edge of the rim directly towards the center spaced about 4" apart. I know I didn't do it as I'm very careful about scuffing these wheels as there is no protection from the tires since they don't protrude out at all. Looks like they could have been caused by the wheel being propped up against a lift rail while it was off the car or had something dropped on it while it was lying face up on the ground.

I returned to the dealer and they wouldn't acknowledge doing it however they didn't deny that it could have been them either. Anyway, the manager said he would take care of it. They said they would call when they got in touch with the wheel vendor they use. A couple of weeks go by and I don't here anything from them.
I swing by on my way home from work one day and the service writer tells me that the wheel vendor hasn't called them back yet. OK. I'm done with this guy and go back to the service manager. While I'm talking with him the other guy comes in, grabs my keys and throws a tag in my car telling me he's going to give me a loaner. Wrong answer. I don't want a loaner. I tell him that I can wait while they do the work if they can schedule a specific time. The service manager tells me that it's difficult to do that since the wheel vendor will schedule mulitple jobs in the area on any given day and they don't know how long one job will take from the next. (kind of like cable, home service calls) Understandable. He promises to look into it and call me.
Now all the conversations I've had with them have been polite and amiable. When I first met the service manager one of the first things I said was that I was easy to get along with and a very scheduled and detail oriented person.
Fast forward another couple of weeks. The manager calls me and tells me that he's gotten in touch with the wheel vendor and one of his guys will be in touch. We exchange emails about this as well. Still no call. When I call again a week later he's surprised that it's still an issue. He said he thought it had all been worked out. We decide to touch base again later as I now have vacation plans. Turns out he does too. Right after I return, he leaves on his. Fast forward a couple of weeks. . . .

My car is now due for service again. I email him and tell him that I can drop it off so the A1 service and wheel repair can all be done together and would it be possible to get a MDX for a loaner. I told him that I'm thinking of upgrading to one (kind of true - wife needs a new car) and this would allow me an extended test drive. I get a call from him two days later and he says he has a MDX and can I come by tonight? I ask him if tomorrow is OK and he says sure.

I drop off my car and pick up the House on Wheels (that's what driving it felt like). Say hi to the service manager and he tells me that everything is set up. I go over what I would like done with the service writer and point out a few other things that I ask them to look into. The front underbody spoiler had a few small gaps so I brought some 3M tape and asked if they could tighten it up. There was also a small wrinkle type blemish in the front left fender that I put there when I pushed on it to see how tight the suspension was. I did this shortly after I got the car. The fender flexed in a bit when I pressed down and it left it distorted. Who knew these things were so flexible? I was so pissed and I don't think a day has gone by that I haven't looked at it.

They call a few days later and tell me that it's ready to be picked up. I asked them not to wash it since I do all the detailing myself and they didn't.

Summary:

Wheel scratches fixed. Looks brand new - No Charge.

Front spoiler fits perfect - No Charge.

Front fender wrinkle - They had another vendor fix that - Looks brand new - No Charge.

Paid for the A1 Service and left a happy customer. Great job. I highly recommend them.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:31 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Glad it worked out, but how long did that take? Three months?

I guess the moral of the story is check the car before and after service.

My TL-S wheels have never touched a curb and there is a small scratch one one. I have no idea where it came from, maybe the finish just chips easily.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Received 1,006 Likes on 575 Posts
So who is the dealer? It is definitely permitted to name the dealer, whether the experience is good or bad or indifferent.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Secret Agent

Received 31 Likes on 16 Posts
Damn, sorry about that.

Pohanka Acura
Chantilly, VA