Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avoid Thomas Acura, Covina Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 12:57 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avoid Thomas Acura, Covina Southern California

This place is absolutely terrible. I bought a TL-S from them 2 weeks ago and ended up paying 2k over my negotiated price because they used some underhanded tactics to get me to not notice how much I was actually paying for the vehicle.

After walking away the first time this dealership bombarded my cell phone with calls from several different people all trying to convince me to pay more than I wanted. Eventually a sales guy called Quyen told me he could get that price for me if only I could come in to show that I was serious about purchasing the car.

Big mistake. They tell me this is how much I'm paying for it and Willy, the finance manager uses his big contract and monthly payments to confuse me on how much I'm actually paying for the car. I sign the contract due to excitement for my new ride only to realize later in the day that I had paid 2k more than the negotiated price.

I went back to the dealership and spoke to Kevin the GSM (General Sales Manager) about this issue. They basically just told me to Fuck off because I had signed the paper work and it was all legitimate. Suddenly Quyen has no idea saying he was just the "middle man" and how he had no control over what the price was. How he gave me a paper and I signed it and that's that. On top of that, my car wasn't even clean when I got it! The dashboard was covered with dust and when I got the car home I ran my hand across the hood only to find my fingers covered in a black film. This dealership is shady and completely dishonest. I will never go back there, I don't even want their shitty free oil change.

As of right now I'm writing a full report to the CA department of consumer affairs as well as uploading a review onto the BBB. I think it's completely unacceptable for car dealerships to close deals in this manner. Taking money out of the pockets of their costumers in a decieving way during these hard economic times when everyone is hurting.

/rant
Old 01-08-2009, 01:09 PM
Honda Fanboy

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts
I would do as much as you can. I had a similar experience with a Honda dealer. Surprisingly, they did change the contract though once they were called on it the next day.
Old 01-08-2009, 01:24 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1,012 Likes on 567 Posts
How did they 'hide' $2000? What discrepancy are you finding?
Old 01-08-2009, 01:54 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
repost. thread closed.