Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Avoid Devan Acura in Norwalk, CT

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2007, 09:55 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Avoid Devan Acura in Norwalk, CT

Anyone looking for a good dealer in CT for service - Avoid Devan Acura at all costs. This place is absolutley horrible - by far the most unorganized most disfunctional service dept i have ever seen - EVER. If anyone would like more info, pls. let me know. My story(s) is far to long to type out now, though if anyone is interested i will be happy to tell you why to avoid them. Otherwise just take my word for it....these guys are terrible!!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:09 AM
Randy is the Future

Received 44 Likes on 23 Posts
i was going to buy a TSX from them but something about them made me uncomfortable. i would like to know your story if thats not to much to ask.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:38 AM
Instructor

Ok, so here goes. Well it started for me, also when looking for an 04 or 05 TL. I looked there simply because it was close to home and was told to avoid Greenwich Acura from people at work. After working with them to find the TL that i wanted, I got a call from the sales rep that i was talking to. Called me and said he found exactly what i wanted, bought the car @ auction just for me-bla bla. Well after i go to Devan to take a look, I see that there is one MAJOR problem, the car is a manual after i specifically said i was only interested in Auto. So right off the bat they couldn't even do that right.
So i end up getting the Car i wanted from DCH in NJ. - side note....i strongly reccommend lookinig in NJ. Well worth the drive! every TL i looked at was about 3k less right off the bat then any dealer in CT. Turns out that is true for almost any car. Guy next to me at work got his Audi A4 from Jersey after i told him the same - same deal, about 3k less before even dickering about price.

That being said - I decide to take my car to Devan for Warranty work and Oil changes. I was just getting simple things fixed/replaced. Rattles, Brake light cover ext. Well after they couldn't seem to get all the needed parts together at once i had to return 3 times to get the 4 things i needed fixed. On the last time i was to go, again after they call me and tell me the part is in and make an appointment, i get there and of course there is no record of the appoinment on the computer, and course no loaner car either. Well after telling them my story of how this is the 3rd time i have been there for the same thing -they some how "found" a loaner for me. I get in and the Gas light is on...tank totally empty, just one more annoyance. So the next day i go to get my car, after driving about a mile down the road i notice what appears to be Glue on the dash. The morons got it all over the dash and the chrome strips that run near the stereo. The "Glue" ate right through the finish and was VERY noticable. I turn right around and get the service manager ( Jim) to look at it. What angered me the most was not that they damaged the interior of my car, but that they didn't tell me about it and just thought i wouldn't notice - You would have to be blind not to see it.
--Soooo then they agree to replace both chrome strips and the plastic part that surrounds the clock ext. After waiting a month for the parts (Of course there was an excuse for that one...) I leave work early and head up there for what should be "a quick" job. After waiting for 2hrs, Jim comes out and tells me that they ordered the wrong part. (it took them 2hrs to find that out!!) I then tell him I am NOT in anyway leaving work again to get something fixed that THEY damaged after already waiting for 2hrs. He agreed to havee me stop by on a saturday and they would do it right away in about 1hour max.
Well that saturday was 2 weeks ago, of course the service rep comes out and says that they under estimated how long it would take and that i would again need to come back. I said forget it, just keep the car and get it done. I would come back on Sunday and get it with an extra set of keys that i have. I told them to make sure they lock my keys in the car uner the mat with the paper-work and i would get it with my other set. - Perfect, no problem they said, actually said that would be perfect for them.
Well i get there sunday, and not only are my keys and paperwork nowhere to be found, they also didn't fix the 3 parts, just did 2 of them. At this point i am livid! No keys, and job not done. i call Jim (by this time he knows me by first name) Tells me to back on saturday, they would do it in 30min MAX. I do just that, walk to a near by store, 40min later i'm back...of course not done yet, after an hour and 15min they haven't even started it yet....I find the General mng. tell him what's going on and dont ya know it's done in 4min!!!!! oh and they are supposed to wash the cara each time you bring it in....been in there 6 times, they have washed it twice!!! Needless to say i am NEVER going back there...
I am sure i am elaving things out, actually i know i have but i can't type anymore...hope this helps...Like i said i would not recommend them to my worst enemy. They are totally incompetent in every way!!
Old 01-29-2007, 10:45 AM
Instructor

oh and one more thing, while waiting in there this last Saturday, the guy next to me hears what's going on and tells me his story with their serice dept...makes mine look like nothing - he too said he was totally disgusted with them and will NEVER be back again, and he bought his car there and gets free oil changes - still he said its not worth the oil changes, he said the best thing that I did was NOT buying my car from them.
Old 01-29-2007, 10:57 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
that really sux man. i really wish Acura would step and make it a corporate directive to provide superior service to its customers.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:14 AM
Randy is the Future

Damn I'm sorry to say but i could not help but laugh everytime at a new problem thinking to myself "these guys can't really be serious." Whats the next Acura dealer close to you? If i remember correctly there shouldn't be another one for some miles. When i went in there to get a TSX they had me standing around for about an hour and a half no one wanted to help me. It was probably cause i was so young. They didn't think i would buy a car. I had the lady at the front desk page about 6 times and no one came. Then some guy came out after the hour and a half and didn't even seem to wanna help me. He talked to me like i was just some little kid. What sucks is I probably know more about the car than he does. I told him I wanted a black on black TSX with navi. He said ok he will see what he can do. We went for a test drive and I gave him my number and he told me he would give me a call within a couple days. He didn't call me for about 3 weeks. I actually forgot all about him at this point, figured he just didn't want my business. So when he did finally call and asked me if i was still interested I said yeah sure but not with you. I already put a down payment on a black on black tsx with navi at Schaller Acura in Manchester. They are much better as well as Acura of Avon. Anyway he was upset and hung up on me. I found it funny but thats their problem. There is no way he should have treated me the way he did. The entire time we were talking he barely had anything to say. He was acting the way people act when they feel too lazy to work or help people out, and I would know I used to work at best buy. Saw it all the time.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Instructor

Buddy, I feel your pain - I ran into that all the time while looking at Acura's. Devan did the same to me, it wasn't until they found out where i work near by and realized that i made more then almost anyone in that place @ age 24 that they even took me seriously. And again i got the same treatment from the service people - thinking your just some kid...dont' waste your time with that place, they dont want anyones business apparently.
Old 01-29-2007, 11:44 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow that's about the worst service story I've ever heard. You'd maybe expect that kind of service with Kia or Hyundai but not a supposedly "luxury" brand like Acura. This TL is the first and will probably be the last Acura/Honda product I ever buy. It's mainly the horrible service I've recieved, but also has to do with really basic fit and finish problems that shouldn't even be issues with $35k cars.

But yeah, I feel your pain on the no-help-because-you're-young problem. You walk into a luxury stealership in your early 20s and a lot of times no one comes to help you, you just sit there and wait for some punk salesman to treat you like trash. I went to a BMW stealership and they treated me like dirt, like the scum of the earth. Like I wasn't worthy to even set foot inside their dealership. I had to wander around the floor for like an hour before someone would even "help" me. And by help me, he just asked me what car I wanted to drive and tossed me the keys - no one would take me on a test drive or tell me about the features, etc. Same thing at the Infiniti dealership I went to. The salesmen just gave me really dirty looks the whole time like there was no way in hell I could afford one. There's nothing you can really do but tell those jerks to go f*ck themselves. On the other hand, every time I went into the Lexus and Acura stealerships, I got immediate attention; no age discrimination or assumption that just because I'm young I can't afford a luxury car.
Old 01-29-2007, 12:13 PM
Randy is the Future

Yup its a sad world when you are going to spend 30K+ on a car and people treat you like crap. If it weren't for the customers they wouldn't have a job. When i was in sales no matter what the customer looked like or how old they were i would treat them all the same. Gave them all the respect and made sure i approached them as a mature human being and tried to help them. Dealerships act as if we are not all the same. If they were smart they would think to themselves "geez this kid is pretty young and wants to buy an Acura from us if we do a well enough job he will continue to buy cars from us as he gets older" but I guess they aren't smart enough for that. Oh well. Sad to say but my next car will be a Lexus. Hopefully the 09 TL will be enough to drag me back to Honda/Acura but we will just have to see.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:43 AM
1st Gear

Hello

Hello all. My name is Rob and I have taken the role of Parts and Service Director at Devan Acura of Norwalk. I can assure that the Service Department is much different than before and we have even won the Acura OEM award for client satisfaction. If you have any questions in regards to our business, please feel free to contact me directly at 203.838.7201.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:09 AM
Instructor

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Whoa what a pain in the ass. Should have demanded a loaner for however long it took to COMPLETELY replace all damaged parts. Bothered u at work, and on your days off!?!? c'mon Acura u failing bad recently
Old 07-09-2015, 10:14 AM
Registered Bunny

Received 1,073 Likes on 892 Posts
Originally Posted by 1fstTL
Whoa what a pain in the ass. Should have demanded a loaner for however long it took to COMPLETELY replace all damaged parts. Bothered u at work, and on your days off!?!? c'mon Acura u failing bad recently
Recently? This was 8 years ago, lol.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:45 AM
Race Director

Received 2,316 Likes on 1,690 Posts
Old 07-09-2015, 11:11 AM
Instructor

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
I didn't notice it was 8 years old till after i read the entire thread