Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Autobahnd-Roadblock

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2004, 10:30 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Autobahnd-Roadblock

I am having Roadblock installed at the dealer tomorrow (weather permitting) for $499.00 and loaner car.

Does any one have experience with this product?

Your comments will be appreciated.
Old 09-06-2004, 02:07 PM
Advanced

If you do a lot of highway driving, particularly in roads frequented by trucks, you will love this product. I have it on my '01 Accord, had it on my '02 TL-S, and have it on my '04 GX470.

I've had it replaced once on the Accord (after 35k miles of driving on a road that is infested with trucks), and the paint was brand new, even though the film had taken a beating. On week 2 of having the GX, an idiot in a landscaping truck was spreading little stones all over the road, and chipped my windshield. When I checked the damages to the front (hood and bumper), I could see where the stones had hit, but there was no real damage. All I had was dust from the stones! So, way to go, IMHO, I will never drive a new car again before putting autobahnd on.

Some tips: you should wax the film, just like you wax the car. If your wax doesn't dry clear, be careful when you wax the film around the edges, as you can make the film go from almost invisible to being very noticeable, particularly if you have a dark car. I use Zaino (which dries clear) on the GX, and the film is barely noticeable. The truck is dark blue.

Sorry for the long post, but I just want to make you feel good about being $499 poorer. Autobahnd's a great investment.
Old 09-06-2004, 08:07 PM
Intermediate

Autobahnd-Roadblock

Originally Posted by caha14
If you do a lot of highway driving, particularly in roads frequented by trucks, you will love this product. I have it on my '01 Accord, had it on my '02 TL-S, and have it on my '04 GX470.

I've had it replaced once on the Accord (after 35k miles of driving on a road that is infested with trucks), and the paint was brand new, even though the film had taken a beating. On week 2 of having the GX, an idiot in a landscaping truck was spreading little stones all over the road, and chipped my windshield. When I checked the damages to the front (hood and bumper), I could see where the stones had hit, but there was no real damage. All I had was dust from the stones! So, way to go, IMHO, I will never drive a new car again before putting autobahnd on.

Some tips: you should wax the film, just like you wax the car. If your wax doesn't dry clear, be careful when you wax the film around the edges, as you can make the film go from almost invisible to being very noticeable, particularly if you have a dark car. I use Zaino (which dries clear) on the GX, and the film is barely noticeable. The truck is dark blue.

Sorry for the long post, but I just want to make you feel good about being $499 poorer. Autobahnd's a great investment.
caha14:

Thanks for all the helpful information.
Did you have the Honda's Roadblock replaced under warranty?
Also, what did they charge you for each vehicle?
Thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2004, 07:05 AM
Advanced

Glad I could help! The pieces on the Honda were not replaced under warranty only because I had purchased them online, not from Autobahnd Roadblock locally. Howeverm they do have a warranty. In fact, when my '02 TL-S was about 1.5 years old (total - I had only had it for 4 months), I mentioned that I had some water spots on the film (don't know how that happened, as I've never seen that problem again), and they replaced everything, no questions asked.

Around here, retail is $595 for most cars and SUVs that I've asked about. This includes the hood, sides of the front qtr panels, side mirrors, and front bumper. The Lexus dealer gave it to me for $400 with no haggling required (it was May 31st, so they were extra nice). Now, I believe that my Acura dealer charges $595 for it. So, I think you're doing great at $499. If memory serves me right, the hood piece on the '04 TL is about twice as wide as on the '02. I vaguely remember seeing one in the showroom. It covers about 8 - 10 inches from the front, so it will do a great job protecting your new TL.