Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ATTN Arizona members!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 04:26 PM
TTL PKG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation ATTN Arizona members!!

I'm looking for some shop recommendations that do paint and body kit installs. I'm currently looking at this shop, vividracing.com. They look like they have plenty of experience and do great work. I would appreciate any info you can give me.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:31 PM
tehLEGOman

Received 1,983 Likes on 1,336 Posts
Yes please somebody direct him towards a reputable shop.

This is a first time event here on Acurazine.

Also, do you have any pictures of your TL on 5zigen rims?
Old 06-29-2006, 04:39 PM
tehLEGOman

I just asked one of my co-workers who moved from Phoenix about a year ago. He said to give him a minute to think about it. Should have an answer for you shortly.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:00 PM
TTL PKG

Hey, thx man!

I have a few pics from last year....

I'll post some new ones of course once I get the Versus kit installed.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:10 PM
Here, there, EVERYWHERE!

Hey, I used to live in the Tempe area and remember there being an installer working with mainly custom p/u trucks with regard to installing grills, skirts etc.. I think the name of it was Sport Truck Direct. They're located on Victory Lane in Phx. It's been a few years now, but I'm sure they're still around. Excellent work (used to own a 1/2 ton) and have shown up in Truckin' magazine more than once.

Take a look at Diverse Motorsports located in Glendale as well. You aren't going to find the quality cheap, but you will find it. One more, Automotive Expressions on Camelback Road in Phx.

Hope one of these works for you!

Cheers.
Old 06-29-2006, 10:04 PM
TTL PKG

Thx. I'm gonna speak to these guys as well as the few I have found so far. I know it won't be cheap. I'm pretty sure I'll be paying somewhere between $750-$1000 for paint and installation.

I'll keep everyone posted in the original "versus" thread once I get things going.
Old 06-30-2006, 08:33 AM
Intermediate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do the body kit install yourself. I just got mine in the mail yesterday and am going to do the install next week. I live in Gilbert, AZ. Check out the other threads on this site and you'll see it isn't that bad. I think Tempe, Acura wanted around $500 to do the install and around $1400 if I just wanted to purchase the kit from them.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:41 AM
TTL PKG

I would if I really felt comfortable doing it. I just dont feel like messing with painted parts and then scratching them in the process and needing to have them repainted, etc... Its just not worth my time. I'll pay someone to spend the week to make it fit perfectly.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:33 AM
Here, there, EVERYWHERE!

Absolutely.
If you can afford to have someone screw around with it then why not. I'd much rather know they're responsible if anything goes wrong rather than me screwing up and having to eat it.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:43 AM
Moved to the LOU

Received 249 Likes on 183 Posts
Vivid is a great shop. You could also try Olde English Creations in Tucson. The owners name is Ray and he does excellent work.

Stay away from Apex Motorsports like the plaugue!
Old 06-30-2006, 11:08 AM
TTL PKG

Originally Posted by twigglius
Vivid is a great shop. You could also try Olde English Creations in Tucson. The owners name is Ray and he does excellent work.

Stay away from Apex Motorsports like the plaugue!

LOL!! Ya, everyone and their mother have the Apex sticker on their riced out civic's. I actually called Vivid, but they don't do paint. I know they are an excellent shop.

What part of the valley are you in? I just off the 101 and 67thAve.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Moved to the LOU

Originally Posted by brigsaz
LOL!! Ya, everyone and their mother have the Apex sticker on their riced out civic's. I actually called Vivid, but they don't do paint. I know they are an excellent shop.

What part of the valley are you in? I just off the 101 and 67thAve.
I'm currently in Tucson because of the job but I grew up right off of Greenway and Scottsdale road. I'll be kicking it at the Westin Kierland all weekend. Lazy River and Beer #1...
Old 06-30-2006, 01:04 PM
TTL PKG

Shop Search Update

So far, this is what I've found:

Automotion - from their website, they appear to be an excellent candidate. I spoke with the owner and he went through the entire process with me: test fitting, fiberglass work(if needed), re-working the mounting tabs (if needed), sending it out for paint, final fitment. He had all the right answers for all my questions.

automotiveexpressions - Not too pleased with the guy I spoke with. He pretty much said that they do only bolt on kits; they dont do any fabricating and only paint the parts. They dont do any blending of colors if the kitparts and orginal paint dont match. Not what I am looking for.

I left a message at Diverse Motorsports. They may be off for the holiday.

I also have a family friend who works at a shop that does excellent paint work. He wants to look at the kit before giving me any answers as to if he is up for the job.

I plan on making a decision this weekend, but it may be a week before I can get things rolling because of the holiday. I hate waiting!
Old 06-30-2006, 01:20 PM
Moved to the LOU

These guys do good work too. GHL Motorsports

I thought about calling them to see if they would be willing to do a custiom exhaust for my car and use it as a testing platform for other TL's.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:27 PM
Here, there, EVERYWHERE!

I plan on making a decision this weekend, but it may be a week before I can get things rolling because of the holiday. I hate waiting![/QUOTE]

I know what ya mean with waiting ....... patience my friend (something I don't have )

Cheers.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:34 PM
TTL PKG

Lightbulb Shop List?

Ya know, I think it would be a great idea to have a thread where everyone posts what shop they used and what work they had done. It would really help any newbies who are looking to get work done but dont have a clue where to find a shop that can do it. We could also post how please we were with their work.

Old 06-30-2006, 03:51 PM
Moved to the LOU

Ya know, I think it would be a great idea to have a thread where everyone posts what shop they used and what work they had done. It would really help any newbies who are looking to get work done but dont have a clue where to find a shop that can do it. We could also post how please we were with their work.

This is a great idea for a sticky.
Old 06-30-2006, 05:02 PM
TTL PKG

Automotion - from their website, they appear to be an excellent candidate. I spoke with the owner and he went through the entire process with me: test fitting, fiberglass work(if needed), re-working the mounting tabs (if needed), sending it out for paint, final fitment. He had all the right answers for all my questions.

automotiveexpressions - Not too pleased with the guy I spoke with. He pretty much said that they do only bolt on kits; they dont do any fabricating and only paint the parts. They dont do any blending of colors if the kitparts and orginal paint dont match. Not what I am looking for.

I also have a family friend who works at a shop that does excellent paint work. He wants to look at the kit before giving me any answers as to if he is up for the job.

I plan on making a decision this weekend, but it may be a week before I can get things rolling because of the holiday. I hate waiting!
Just finished talking with Diverse Motorsport. I think I found what I was looking for in this shop. They do alot of work with Versus kits and do most of the show cars in the phoenix area. Look at the Gallery they have and see for yourself. They know how to do it RIGHT!! I spoke with a guy named Alex and he said they have a whole process they go through to get things done in as little of time as possible. I can take it in the 5th and should have it back by the 8th.... Now I'm getting excited!!
Old 07-02-2006, 07:24 AM
Here, there, EVERYWHERE!

Diverse Motorsports has turned out some GREAT looking work in the past ...... it's nice to know they're still in the game
Hope everything works out for ya and don't forget to post the pics, maybe some before and after shots??

Old 07-02-2006, 04:54 PM
tehLEGOman

I can't wait to see this kit.

My co-worker never game me an answer but it looks like you've found a reputable shop in the area.

Keep us updated! thanks man.
Old 07-05-2006, 10:34 AM
TTL PKG

Hey guys. I should have the initial body kit pics up today. I had a long weekend and havent made it on to the puter just yet. I took some pics of how the kit came in the box, some close ups of the mounting tabs, and a shot of the front bumber in front of the car (left it in the plastic as it didnt look like it would be fun putting it back on). I should have it in the shop by tomorrow morning. I'll post once I actually drop it off.

Something else I noticed was that the rear skirt is just that, a skirt. Its not a complete rear bumber replacement like the front. Just something to keep in mind.
Old 07-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Here, there, EVERYWHERE!

Hey Brigs ..

What was the final price for the install (AND paint?)? Just curious since I remember they had a reputation for "working" with the customer .....

Lookin' forward to the end results!

Cheers.
Old 07-05-2006, 12:40 PM
TTL PKG

He quoted me $900-$1500... Depends on how much fiberglass work they need to do.

I had a little boo boo this weekend and scratched the middle of my rear bumper on the driver side and may have bent my rear quarter panel (of all the weekends!!!). So it will be more that what I was quoted now. Hopefully it doesn't add too much to the shop time. ... Can't wait to get this done!
Old 07-06-2006, 07:16 AM
Here, there, EVERYWHERE!

I'm sure it'll all have been worth the wait ........... it can still drive a guy

The price sounds very reasonable and the cost of fixin' your dent shouldn't be much more than the labor cost in fix/prep since they already have the paint on hand. Lookin' forward to the pics!
Old 07-06-2006, 11:09 AM
TTL PKG

Update!!

Just finished talking with Diverse Motorsport. I think I found what I was looking for in this shop. They do alot of work with Versus kits and do most of the show cars in the phoenix area. Look at the Gallery they have and see for yourself. They know how to do it RIGHT!! I spoke with a guy named Alex and he said they have a whole process they go through to get things done in as little of time as possible. I can take it in the 5th and should have it back by the 8th.... Now I'm getting excited!!

So I was having some trouble contacting Diverse Motorsports. I decided to take cruise down to the shop cuz I figured they were busy. I am SOOOO glad that I did! I pull up and first off the shop is a small place and its in a not so good of an area (definately not a place I would feel safe leaving a $40,000 car for a week). There is a guy just standing there messing with some electronic part and the garage door is open with an older civic in there. I ask him if Alex is around and he said he hasnt been in all day. I was very put off by the whole situation and just talked with the guy for a little bit to get an idea of what they were working on and then took off. I can not recommend this shop to anyone in AZ and will not be taking my car there. I will be stopping by Automotion for a look to see if I like the shop and then go from there. Sorry this is taking so long guys but I have to feel comfortable with any shop that will be working on my car. I will keep you posted.
Old 07-06-2006, 03:21 PM
TTL PKG

Automotion it is!

Ok, I have finally found the shop that will take care of this for me. For any of you in AZ looking to have kits put on, Automotion is at 19th Ave and Bell Rd. I will be detailing this process in the Versus Motorsport Bodykit thread and give an overall opinion on my experience with them.
Old 07-06-2006, 04:50 PM
Here, there, EVERYWHERE!

Wow!!

I guess nothing stays the same afterall, huh?? Damn, if I'd have known then I NEVER would have pointed you in that direction!
Let's stay in the "good" area of town, shall we ....... they still exist there, right??

Old 07-06-2006, 05:25 PM
Moved to the LOU

So I was having some trouble contacting Diverse Motorsports. I decided to take cruise down to the shop cuz I figured they were busy. I am SOOOO glad that I did! I pull up and first off the shop is a small place and its in a not so good of an area (definately not a place I would feel safe leaving a $40,000 car for a week). There is a guy just standing there messing with some electronic part and the garage door is open with an older civic in there. I ask him if Alex is around and he said he hasnt been in all day. I was very put off by the whole situation and just talked with the guy for a little bit to get an idea of what they were working on and then took off. I can not recommend this shop to anyone in AZ and will not be taking my car there. I will be stopping by Automotion for a look to see if I like the shop and then go from there. Sorry this is taking so long guys but I have to feel comfortable with any shop that will be working on my car. I will keep you posted.
Wow, what streets is it off of? Is it by Ghetro Center Mall?
Old 07-07-2006, 09:37 AM
TTL PKG

Its off of Grand and 55th Ave, south Glendale. REALLY not a great part of town.