3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ardmore (PA) Acura -- [B]BE AWARE[/B] and help?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 10:31 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Ardmore (PA) Acura -- [B]BE AWARE[/B] and help?

BE AWARE

I took my '04 TL to Ardmore Acura (outside of Philadelphia) for a problem with the VSA (which initally started with the engine light coming on). They replaced the VSA module (under warranty) but they scraped my front/driver side wheel well in a few places (some scrapes 3 to 4 inches long/3/4 inches wide). They said the damage was on the car when it came in, but I'm 98% sure that it was NOT damaged when I dropped it off. I couldn't prove it though. So after arguing with them, they gave me some f'ing touch up paint. I don't know what to do?? Any suggestions????

THE MORAL OF THE STORY-- CHECK YOUR CAR WHEN YOU DROP IT OFF!!.. EVEN IF YOU HAVE TO WALK AROUND THE CAR WITH THE SERVICE REP WHEN YOU DROP IT OFF.

I'm really annoyed at them, but I don't know what to do at this point.
Old 07-20-2006, 11:14 AM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
[I'm not being sarcastic when asking this question....]
Did you speak to the GM of the dealership about your experience?

With my previous 04 Accord, I had a similar situation...
My rotors were "warped" and were under warranty to be repaired. I got the car back and there was a huge gash in my wheel in the shape of a circle. So, I take the car back to the dealership, have the service manager come out, he sees it and acknowledges that it was machine they use to take off the wheel and that the circle was from the clamp. At that point, I thought - hey, this was a piece of cake. Until 6 months later after they gave me the run around about repairing the wheel. My b/f told me to tell them there was no fixing; that I wanted a new wheel. HAH! That didn't go over well with the dealer; they said they weren't giving me a $450 wheel for something that they could bring in the "wheel doctor" for. Anyway - to make a really long story somewhat short. After being so frustrated - 6 months later - I called the GM and had to leave a voice mail. Well, the very next day, the service manager called my office to schedule an appt to bring in my car.

It got repaired that week, but there is no reason why a person should have to put up with that crap....

Wheel scratched would be pretty noticable if you would have had them prior to going in to the shop.... (That's just my opinion).

Wish you the best...
Old 07-20-2006, 12:43 PM
Racer

Philadelphia sucks, Pennsylvania sucks, and Acura start sucking, too! I live in Philly burbs and I only bring my car to Montgomeryville Acura for service. It is the best Acura dealer in this area.

Last time I brought Yoko tires in for them to replace my brdgestone crapp. And I have circular scratches around all wheels after their installation.

SIgh.... I guess my last resort is gone. All Acura dealerships are falling into crap now, even Montgomeryville Acura couldn't survive from it.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:52 PM
Advanced

This happened yesterday....and I was in a major rush to make another appointment.
I spoke to and showed the damage to George (in Service).
But I didn't have alot of time. I think I'm going to either call or send a letter to the GM....sounds like a good idea.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:03 PM
Advanced

and my TL is White Diamond Pearl...so the damage is very obvious.
Old 07-20-2006, 01:32 PM
FOR SALE - BM

ardmore acura sucks ass......... i went ot them initially and they thought i was some piece of shit who wasn't buying a car.... i told the salesman exactly what i was looking for and he was like "well when your ready to buy a car come back.." that asshole...... i went to west chester acura that night and picked up my baby... they are both owned by the same people, piazza.... all he had to do was look on his little computer and he would have had a nice sale.... iwill never go to ardmore acura....
Old 07-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Advanced

I only went to Ardmore because they had a used '04 TL listed on their website for approx $2k cheaper than what it should have been. When I went to finalize the agreement, I showed them the print out and it surprised them. Before I picked up the car, they quickly changed the price on the internet to the real price, but it was too late...I was already buying the car.

I live close to Montgomeryville Acura and I will try their service next (fingers crossed). I will NOT go back to Ardmore/Piazza Acura.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:38 PM
2014 RDX Tech AWD

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
It's too bad that you guys live about 90 miles away or I would suggest that you go to Bobby Rahal Acura in Mechanicsburg (about 10 miles outside of Harrisburg). Their service has been flawless and they've been rated one of the best in the U.S. for their service (or at least that's what they advertise). And I like having a "name brand" dealership, such as Bobby; I like to think since he raced Honda Indy cars that he would expect more from his employees and his dealerships.

Although they did sell me the TL...at first my salesman must have thought that I was just some young chick wanting to buy something that I couldn't afford because he mentioned several times how he is still driving a Honda because he can't afford an Acura. Nothing gets me more hype than people judging without knowing.

Anyway (before I babble on)....if you ever have the chance and you're out this way....stop by Bobby Rahal - honestly, it's an awesome experience.
<<OK - WHERE'S MY COMMISSION NOW???>>