3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

For anyone who thinks that A-Spec is not worth the money...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2005, 10:17 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Devilsdlg
It's understandable that people don't want to spend the money for the A-Spec. I was comtemplating the same thing myself when I purchased my TL. However, when I took into consideration that ALL components of the A-Spec are covered under your warranty with the rest of the car, it made the extra money COMPLETELY worth it. Performance with ease of mind and potentially wallet. Just my
Exactly. Alot of people miss that being part of the cost.
Though it seems if I could do the work myself like most people here, then yeah, its under my warranty and worth about the same for my time.
But I don't have the know-how, time, space, or tools.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:24 AM
18,000mi. 29000km

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If it was typs-S for more money, I would buy the package.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:55 AM
CTS-V Import Slayer

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by Aegir
I've had a lot of time behind the wheel in both stock and A-Spec form. A-Spec totally changes the personality of the car - both look and feel. I have thoroughly enjoyed the appearance upgrades and have received many complements on the car. The handling improvement with minimal loss of ride quality has been well documented by everyone in this forum who has installed the suspension.

Suspension - You could easily spend more on aftermarket suspension and end up with a worse ride and not much better (or worse) handling. I think $600 is a bargain for what you get.

Body Kit - Either you like it or you don't. You should not be going fast enough for it to matter, but it does reduce drag (wind tunnel tested - how many kits can state that?) and weighs very little. When you consider the tasteful styling, factory quality, and the fact that it comes painted and ready to install, it's not a bad deal.

Wheels/tires - I love the wheels. Great style that suits this car well. I like that they are 'factory' parts. Competitively priced compared to aftermarket if you shop around. Not crazy about the Yokohama tires. I think a performance all season tire is a better match for the TL, even though it does cost a bit of performance. I went with the Pirelli P-Zero Nero M+S.

Steering wheel - Quality piece of work. I've had both wheels in my hands side by side. A-Spec wheel has better quality leather with fewer seams and better stitching. Blue stitching and grey thumbrests understandably turn some folks off, but it does fit in with the blue lighting theme used in the car. I really like it. I wish Acura had come out with a matching shift knob. Worth the price? That depends on the buyer. I treated myself and every time I get in the car I'm reminded of that. No regrets.

Yes, the kit is a bit pricey but I think it was worth every penny and have never had a single regret. I've seen some steep price quotes on the kit, but buyers who have been on this forum should be informed enough to pay internet prices and reasonable installation charges. A savvy buyer should be able to put together an A-Spec TL for well under $40K.

Did it myself..