3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone who has received a loaner car from Acura dealer, Please Read!

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2007, 11:16 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Angry Anyone who has received a loaner car from Acura dealer, Please Read!

Here is the full story. I don't post much, but PLEASE help me.

Last Friday, April 6, 2007 my cousin was driving from school to home in his 2007 Acura TL. While en route to his home on a two lane road, a minivan coming the opposite way was coming into his lane. He tried to get the driver's attention by honking at the driver and flashing his lights, but failed. Therefore, he had to resort to driving into the ditch in order to avoid a fatal accident. After getting back onto the road, he noticed that the alignment was extremely off and the VSA button, as well as the ABS light was on. The next day he takes it into Acura to tell them the situation. They set up an appointment with him for Monday, April 9, 2007 to have the car inspected.

On Monday, my friend and a tech over at a local Honda dealership here in Kansas city and myself went with my cousin in order to find out what the problem with the car was, simply because he is a big pushover and can easily be taken advantage of. We knew this was going to come out of his pocket and didn't want them fixing something that did not need to be fixed. The master tech inspected the car and said that the wheel speed sensor was thrown off and the wheel was extremely bent. The TL needed a new wheel speed sensor, a new wheel and alignment in order to have it fixed. After taxes and fees, the total to fix it came out to be $1036.xx. (OUCH)

Because they did not have an 07 wheel in stock, they said that they would need to get it sent in which would not arrive until the next day, because they cannot align a car with a bent wheel. Makes sense. Therefore we took out a loaner while the TL was being fixed. They give us an 07 Desert Mist Metallic (gold) TL to drive around for a few days.

Yesterday, on April 11, 2007, my cousin receives a call from the Acura dealership around 3 in the afternoon telling him that his car is ready. He comes into the dealership with the loaner with no signs of any damage whatsoever, signs the papers, pays the fees and leaves with his TL.

Here is where it gets interesting. Normally, when a customer brings a loaner back to the dealer, they normally have a service representative do a full inspection of the car with the with the person who was loaning the car present in order to assess the condition of the vehicle to see if there has been any damage that was caused to the car while in the customer's possession. I've brought my car in for service numerous times to all different dealerships, including Lexus, Honda, another local Acura dealer, BMW and every time that I return with the loaner, it is inspected right then and there. However, it was my cousins lucky day. The person who was helping him didn't even look at the car for one second. He just had him sign the papers and drive. He didn't even acknowledge the fact that my cousin returned the TL with a half tank of gas, but received it when it was full and he should be charged for what he used. This is no biggie. He got away with not filling it up.

Today at 6:30 pm, a full 27 hours later, he receives a call from the service manager who tells him that the car, while in his possession was substantially damaged in the rear. They didn't notice this until they retrieved the car again to have it loaned out to another customer. The funny thing is that the service manager called his House and asked to speak specifically with my cousin. The number that he should have called should have been my uncle, his father who listed his number as the primary one and also the one whose name is under the insurance policy . Upon hearing this, my cousin truthfully tells them that he had no idea about what happened and said nothing happened to it while it was in his possession. However, being that he is a major PUSHOVER and can easily be taken advantage of, he told them that it could possibly have been hit while parked at his school. However, he told them that he put his backpack in the trunk when he got out of class and the car sustained no damage whatsoever. They recorded the entire conversation. After coming back to the dealership today to look at the car, he told me that the entire rear end was smashed and it was impossible to even pop the trunk. ANY IDIOT WOULD NOTICE THAT AMOUNT OF DAMAGE REGARDLESS AND HE CERTAINLY WOULD HAVE WHEN HE LEFT SCHOOL. They have no idea that my friend. a service tech, is the one who noticed the damaged and confronted his supervisor and was in the supervisor's office when he called my cousin. Before calling my cousin, he told my friend that it was gonna come out of that RETARDED LITTLE KIDS POCKETS OR FROM HIS RICH PARENTS. How fucked up is that? My cousin was born 2 months premature and is a 21 year old who is only 5' and 110 pounds, if that and also a little slow. It's not his fault at all.

My aunt and uncle were never told of the situation until I found out from my friend. Because they don't understand the whole story, they were basically gonna take it up the ass and fork out the CASH for fear of being sued by the dealership. His younger sister just got a 2007 G35x for her 18th birthday and he has a brand new 2007 TL for just going to college. Even though my aunt and uncle are very well off and this little incident would not hurt them at all, it just pisses me off that they would let this slide so easy.

Here is what I think happened. Within that 27 hour time frame, I think that one of the idiots who worked there was gonna return the car to its spot, and ended up rear ending something and didn't tell anyone for fear of getting into trouble. The damage went unnoticed for an entire day. Now they are trying to put the blame on my cousin, because they know that he will believe anything. I called the dealer and left a message telling them how pissed off I was and that I wanted to speak with the service manager in regards to this incident. Who should I go after? The service rep who helped my cousin or that idiotic service manager and RAISE HELL? Do I have a case even though they have a slight confession? Should I file a complaint with the BBB or call Acura's corporate office? This is total BS.

Long story short, my cousin rents a car and returns it without it being inspected when he brings it back. The next day, service manager calls him and says that the car was damaged while it was in his possession and are trying to put the blame on him. A FULL DAY TO ACKNOWLEDGE AN ACCIDENT ON A LOANER BEFORE TELLING THE CUSTOMER? MY ASS. He tells me nothing happened to it and I believe his story. I know when he is lying through his teeth.
Old 04-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Instructor

People can really suck.

boxstock
Old 04-13-2007, 12:00 AM
07 TL Navi AT5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It should be their responsibility to check the car before taking it back. I think you should expose the dealer's name on the list and get the people in Kansas organize to call the dealer and ask about this event... This community can be very useful in protecting our rights agains bad dealers.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Rock Chalk JayhawkZ

what dealership was this?
Old 04-13-2007, 12:06 AM
Advanced

I was told to file a personal complaint to the local media and expose them. Jay Wolfe Acura has the shittiest service department but their sales department is much better than Superior Acura's.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:11 AM
Advanced

Anyone willing to help me get this cleared up, or better yet even have the dealership compensate us for wasting our time will get a free:

set of 4300k D2S HID OEM bulbs that I have laying around the garage.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:39 AM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
All damage should have been noted at time of delivery. anything could happen between then and the call 27 hours later. tell them if this matter is not resolved here and now, the next person they will be talking with is your lawyer in court.
Old 04-13-2007, 01:22 AM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
The dealer knows if the roles were reversed they'd tell you that you were out of luck, if something was damaged on your car a full day after you pick it up...

I'd tell them that the papers were already signed, and they need to prove that you did the damage. Otherwise I wouldn't pay a dime. How do I know the valet that received the car didn't bang it up when moving the car? I had the dealer back my car into a curb, so it wouldn't be unreasonable to assume they damaged the car after you already dropped it off.

(This is precisely why I always keep a camera in the car, and take a VIDEO clip of the car when I drop off/pick up the car)
Old 04-13-2007, 02:07 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by leedogg
All damage should have been noted at time of delivery. anything could happen between then and the call 27 hours later. tell them if this matter is not resolved here and now, the next person they will be talking with is your lawyer in court.
ABSOLUTELY!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 06:22 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
don't let them roll over over the dealership. sounds like a bs move by the dealership to me.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:00 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Tough luck to the dealer. You guys should play hardball. Tell your cousin to tell the dealer to take it to court if they want the money. There is no way that it will fly in court if the dealership wants to play hardball.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:41 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I would not pay one red cent! I think it is pretty obvious (if you are being honest, and I doubt that you aren't) that some porter backed the car up into something, or something into it! I have seen these guys even haul-assing at Mercedes dealerships. They come around corners on the lot fast as hell and I am very surprised that there aren't more foul-ups like this!

What kind of bullshit place that remotely considers itself a reputable establishment calls someone up a full day later and attempts to get them to acknowledge an accident claim on their vehicle? Especially damage along the levels of what you reported. Your family has the dough it seems, to withstand a small legal battle. No way in hell if I had that car would I pay! For the gas, no problem. But the fucking damage? Oh hell to the naw! You gotta sue me for that! Prove it in court! I was under the impression anyway that when you return the vehicle, and sign that paper, that it relieves you of any charges or responsibility to that vehicle. Doesn't it? What does the paper say? If it does, then case closed!

Bullshit like this is why there will always be an omnipresent "us" versus "them" mentality! Good luck to your family on this one! Sheesh! Sometimes you just want to beat the shit outta somebody at the stealership and go watch Sportscenter...
Old 04-13-2007, 07:47 AM
Slow traffic...move right

sorry to hear that

That's BS man. The dealer should swallow this one for sure.

I just realized that everytime I take a loaner, it never gets checked when I bring it back and I never pay for gas. I actually only sign for it when taking it like every 5th time.

My service manager and i have a pretty good relationship so I'm not worried.

Hope it works out for u man.
Old 04-13-2007, 07:57 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

^ Yeah, I forgot to say that as well. Besides, when you give them that credit card info at the beginning, they can deduct the gas if they want. I guess for incidentals too if there is room enough on the card...
Old 04-13-2007, 08:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Lets Switch places for just a second and think of a hypothetical scenario....You be the customer who is picking up your car from this dealership after work has been done to it. You DONT inspect it upon pick up and you drive home (lets say its a 20 minute drive home). You exit your car and walk to the back of the vehicle and notice "HOLY GEEZ BOOGERS BATMAN, MY REAR END IS SMASHED IN!!!!" So you immediately talk to the dealer and explain that you notice the damage done to your vehicle. You know exactly what his response is going to be "Well, you drove home, and from the time of pick up to the time of you got home, anything could have happened. It wasnt there when you picked up the car (even thou it was). Have a good day!" and he hangs up on you.......Honestly, im sorry that you and your cousin are in such a situation. Its a disgusting display of dishonesty and extortion on the dealership's part and they should deserve nothing less from being shut down and left on the street to rot....If the above example helps, use that against them. And dont worry about the recording that they have of your cousin saying "it may have happened at school" cuz he was not concrete in his statement, he was rhetorical.... Maybe consult a lawyer too. If the funds are there, and you and your cousin are willing, I would do everything in my power to expose them to the fullest extent cuz who knows who else they have done this to. Its great you started here! Best of luck to you and Give em Hell!!!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:15 AM
Burning Brakes

I dont know how it is in where you all live, but in Chicago, all the techs are my age or younger and treat customers' car like crap. They are accelerating hard and braking hard, throwing around the gears, and just plain acting stupid. I am one who has my seat a little bit pushed back than the normal person (dont worry, you can still see my head completely when you look into the car LOL!), but damn, when i got into my car after i went if for service, the damn thing was all the way back with the seat back low as hell and the dude driving it was shorter than me! LOL! Point being, if you can, use observatios such as this to ruin their credibility and truthfulness......
Old 04-13-2007, 08:21 AM
G
Bitten.

Doesn't the dealer have camera's on the service drive or at least the perimeter of the building? Have them show you the video of the car when your cousin dropped it off, damage free.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:44 AM
Advanced

I had a similar experience with a TL loaner a few months ago. When inspecting the car before leaving I noticed a huge dent on the rear quarter panel. After commenting on it the loaner clerk assured me it was "logged in the computer". A full day after returning it I received a call from the loaner manager asking how I damaged the car. Luckily I was able to convince her that it was handed off in that condition.

The next time I returned a loaner, I watched the whole process. The same clerk handed a porter the keys without inspecting the car, he took it to the car wash, then she turned it over to another customer (who didn't even do a walk around) in around five minutes.

You just have to watch your back...
Old 04-13-2007, 08:48 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by micwiltay
I had a similar experience with a TL loaner a few months ago. When inspecting the car before leaving I noticed a huge dent on the rear quarter panel. After commenting on it the loaner clerk assured me it was "logged in the computer". A full day after returning it I received a call from the loaner manager asking how I damaged the car. Luckily I was able to convince her that it was handed off in that condition.

The next time I returned a loaner, I watched the whole process. The same clerk handed a porter the keys without inspecting the car, he took it to the car wash, then she turned it over to another customer (who didn't even do a walk around) in around five minutes.

You just have to watch your back...
Hey Micwiltay,

You mind if I ask what dealer this was.....Im in chicago too! Thanks!!
Old 04-13-2007, 08:50 AM
Intermediate

Advise your cousin to consult a reputable attorney. It would be money well spent. Do not attempt to handle this without representation.
Old 04-13-2007, 08:51 AM
Advanced

McGrath Morton Grove
Old 04-13-2007, 08:57 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by micwiltay
McGrath Morton Grove
Hey! That's Rockyfeller's fave dealership! -Pause- NOT!

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147528
Old 04-13-2007, 09:15 AM
2006 TL

Go back to the dealership, raise hell and get VERY loud in the showroom. Get in the son of a bitch's face!
Old 04-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
do not do that ^^^^^! Then in a court case, that can be held against you as desturbing the peace. What you should do is take with a layer about this. As far as my law abilities tell me, it is the dealers neglience that resulted in this incident. Any perosn would realize if the entire rear end was smashed in and also they would notice something wrong. SInce the dealer failed to check the car and the paperwork was signed off, the dealer has almost no grounds. Another thing is that the car was lent out to another person. If this is the case, i think the other person would notice he was driving a totaled car.... This can be used to your defense as well. You should file a complaint with Acura Client Services, the bbb and also bring this up with a good lawyer who specalizes in crimes against property.

Thats what i can add, hope it helps
Old 04-13-2007, 10:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,016 Likes on 1,435 Posts
also as far as the converstion being recorded, did the delaership tell him beofre the conversation that it would be recorded? If not, it cannot be used against you as it is unlawful. If indeed he was told, juding by your description, I think that your cousin may have thought maybe a fe whairline scratches from his backpack. So you would be able to break down the defense of the dealership by saying this.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:53 AM
Mike's Silver Bullet

Your cousin has the signed papers that say it was returned in good condition.
That should be the end of the story.
I hope it works out.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:57 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

I really see it being more of an open and shut case once it goes beyond the dealership and his cousin. The fact that we are talking about reasonably visible damage is the biggest factor. When they moved that car, even if the proter driving it didn't check, surely as he drove around the lot SOMEONE noticed that! Couple that with a processed return ticket and I see no case! Open and shut! They are just trying to scare you into taking care of it (well, your folks that is).

No, I'm not a lawyer, but I did stay in a Holiday Inn!
Old 04-13-2007, 11:03 AM
TL SL ML :)

that's total BullSH*T...don't pay the dealer a DIME...if they can't be bothered to inspect the loaner upon return, it's their problem...even so your cousin didn't do any damage so its all speculative
Old 04-13-2007, 11:26 AM
Instructor

gee who would of thaught that a dealership would have bad morals??? lol
Old 04-13-2007, 11:53 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by dennisil
gee who would of thaught that a dealership would have bad morals??? lol

Hahahahahahaha...ROFL!
Old 04-13-2007, 12:46 PM
Advanced

i just got back from a test and am waiting for my cousin to come by my house. I'm gonna rip someone a new asshole. I know that when the papers are signed after you return the loaner, an agreement has been reached and the deal is done. they cannot pursue the matter any further. I will let you boys know what BS the dealership is gonna feed me.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:51 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by ankur914
Lets Switch places for just a second and think of a hypothetical scenario....You be the customer who is picking up your car from this dealership after work has been done to it. You DONT inspect it upon pick up and you drive home (lets say its a 20 minute drive home). You exit your car and walk to the back of the vehicle and notice "HOLY GEEZ BOOGERS BATMAN, MY REAR END IS SMASHED IN!!!!" So you immediately talk to the dealer and explain that you notice the damage done to your vehicle. You know exactly what his response is going to be "Well, you drove home, and from the time of pick up to the time of you got home, anything could have happened. It wasnt there when you picked up the car (even thou it was). Have a good day!" and he hangs up on you.......Honestly, im sorry that you and your cousin are in such a situation. Its a disgusting display of dishonesty and extortion on the dealership's part and they should deserve nothing less from being shut down and left on the street to rot....If the above example helps, use that against them. And dont worry about the recording that they have of your cousin saying "it may have happened at school" cuz he was not concrete in his statement, he was rhetorical.... Maybe consult a lawyer too. If the funds are there, and you and your cousin are willing, I would do everything in my power to expose them to the fullest extent cuz who knows who else they have done this to. Its great you started here! Best of luck to you and Give em Hell!!!
Thanks ankur. I am going to reverse the story and put them in the situation that we are faced with right now. The problem is also that I am only 20 and its hard for me to gain credibility and for them to take shit from someone who is younger and yelling at them. As for my cousins parents, they said that if it must come down to pursuing legal action, then so be it. They have checkbooks in hand.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:54 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by csmeance
also as far as the converstion being recorded, did the delaership tell him beofre the conversation that it would be recorded? If not, it cannot be used against you as it is unlawful. If indeed he was told, juding by your description, I think that your cousin may have thought maybe a fe whairline scratches from his backpack. So you would be able to break down the defense of the dealership by saying this.

No, he failed to consent my cousin that he was being recorded. I see your point and this use of evidence will definitely be thrown out in a courtroom, if it escalates to that. I honestly hope it does, because it would be great to see a business fall at the hands of a determined and pissed off 20 year old kid.
Old 04-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Unshunned

Originally Posted by xxvietxb0ixt0ixx
No, he failed to consent my cousin that he was being recorded. I see your point and this use of evidence will definitely be thrown out in a courtroom, if it escalates to that. I honestly hope it does, because it would be great to see a business fall at the hands of a determined and pissed off 20 year old kid.
Actually, since the dealer knew it was being recorded, that's called ''one party consent'' and from what I have read, it's perfectly legal in Missouri. Sorry, but you're out of luck on that part of it. Still sucks what they are doing though.
Old 04-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Advanced

Talking

I just came back from the dealership and heres the story. I went straight up to the receptionist and told her the situation, of which she immediately puts all calls on hold and asks for the service manager to urgently come to the front. The service manager, who looks like an idiot himself who obviously just left from his lunch break, because he still had remnants of food around his mouth comes up and introduces himself to me very politely.

He knew what I was here for and took me straight into his office which is past the service desk where all the service reps are. As soon as I entered the service room, the place went from bickering and talking to completely hostile and dead silence. It was funny as hell. They knew I was in a pissed off mood and knew what I was coming in for. In fact, I looked directly at the service rep as I walked in who signed the papers to my cousin and he turned away and eventually left the room. The service manager tells us to sit down and shuts all the windows and doors.

The first thing I told him was that I recommended this dealership to all people who wanted to purchase an Acura, because of their excellent customer service. He told me that he was happy that I was satisfied. Then I said that I also told all people who OWNED an Acura to go to Superior Acura, another local dealership here in Kansas City to have their car worked on, because the service reps at Jay Wolfe are rude and continue to see themselves as being better than the customer and and are always trying to charge people for services that aren't necessary. I could tell that he was feeling uneasy when I said this. Whenever I am there, I am constantly hearing them give BS to customers about what needs to be fixed and why it is not covered under warranty. This is True. I hate each and everyone of the service reps and every time I come in for service, they always try to make an excuse to void my warranty, because my car has been modified. For example, I am lowered on TEIN SS and they say that lowering my car causes my subs to rattle. They take me for an idiot. An idiot I am not.

Well anyways, I then go to tell the service manager that I am very upset that they are trying to pin an accident on my cousin, of which he is not at fault and ask what evidence that they have, if any to prove that he did cause it. They then say that he confessed to it over the phone. I loudly said BULLSHIT on this and that he speculated over the phone that it could have POSSIBLY happened while he was at school. He continues to try to reiterate this point. I then proceed to ask him why the service rep did not inspect the car upon its return before the papers were signed. I noted that I have been to all the higher end dealerships around the Kansas City area, including this dealership and every time I bring a loaner in for return, they always inspect it immediately before I am to sign the papers and it is a closed deal. He says, "All dealerships do it differently." So I ask him, why is it that whenever I am given a loaner here, they inspect it immediately before I can leave." He has no answer to this and changes the subject again to the point of saying that he confessed to the accident. I then tell him that it is unlawful for a person to be recorded without their consent and tell them that I know that the service rep who called my cousin used his cell phone to record the conversation, of which he had no answer to as well. However, after reading an earlier post about one person consent, I thought I was SOL on this one, but went ahead with it anyway and they bought into it. He continued to try to make excuses to all of my questions and also tried to get me to admit to my guilt. I tell him that I have nothing to admit to, because we didn't do anything. I told him that while the car was returned and in the possession of the dealers hands, a porter could have swiped the car when parking it and didn't want to admit it for fear of getting into trouble, as well as not wanting to pay for the fees. He says the damage was not noticed until it was in the process of being loaned out to another customer, of which my cousin is held accountable for. Why this is TL still my responsibility after the papers are signed and I am not driving it. I tell him, "A FULL DAY LATER?" He basically caught himself in a predicament knowing that it happened while in the dealers possession. Basically, he is saying that you are still liable for the car as it sits in the parking lot even after you the sign the papers until a new customer uses it. He then tells me again to admit my guilt, and I won't be comfortable until I get it off my conscience. I said W/E and ask to look at the car and also noted to him that my cousin told me that the damage was pretty substantial and that any IDIOT, including himself would notice the damage, let alone a dealership who has had it in their parking lot for an entire day. The manager then asks me if I think that he's an IDIOT. ARE YOU SERIOUS? I looked him directly in the eye and said, "You and every other person you hire to work here in the service department." I knew I was pushing this assh*le's buttons, but I was enjoying it. I flat out told the manager that if he caused it, he would have accepted full responsibility for it, because he is a terrible liar and always gets caught. SO WHY NOT JUST FESS UP? The manager asked why he confessed to it. I told this guy from the get go that my cousin was scared and is a real PUSHOVER and can easily be taken advantage of. If you tell him his car needs blinker fluid so that the turn signals will work, he will go out and look for it. That's how gullible he is. The manager finally says okay, "I know that you guys are guilty, and know that this will remain on your conscience forever. This isn't going anywhere. Therefore, we will have the damages taken care of ourselves, but YOU GUYS WILL NEVER BE ALLOWED TO RENT FROM HERE AGAIN. I told him, "Like I give a shit. I would rather go to a place that truly values their customers. A place called Superior Acura. NOW SHOW ME THE CAR!

"Basically I knew that they had no evidence to prove their point and were unsuccessful in blaming my cousin for the accident, but did not want to admit that they failed in an attempt to make a false claim. That's why it's coming out of their pockets and not ours! 1-0 victory to me and none to the dealership. If they were right, then it would be my aunt and uncle paying for the damages.?

Anyways, my cousin, myself, the service manager and his assistant all go out in the rain to check the car. The car was in the very back of the parking lot and I noticed the damage from halfway across the parking lot. That's surely over 150 ft from where I was standing and where the car was. Sure enough, the damage was just as it was described. All F*CKED UP, BUT REPAIRABLE. Needs new rear quarterpanel, trunk and possibly rear bumper. A few grand to repair, but its at the expense of the dealer. haha. I wish it was more. I then pull out my digital camera and take pictures of the car. The assistant asked me why I was taking pictures. I told him I was going to my attorneys office after this to see if I should pursue this matter any further. I would like to be compensated for my time, as well as the stress that they have imposed on my myself and my family. The manager said it wasn't necessary, because we already reached an agreement.

We then all proceed to go back inside to the service garage. The manager and his assistant stayed behind to assess another car. My cousin and I walked in to the service department office. "I smiled, whispered an I WON to a customer and told everyone to have a nice day."

Now its off to Madden on the 360. FYI, if you are placed in a predicament where you are being blamed for something you didn't do, and know that you are innocent, fight it to the fullest. Chances are that you will preside, 100% of the time. I did, and I'm 20 and yelling at someone who was twice my age.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:01 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
good job in standing up for your cuz, glad to c they will not pursue anything against him BUT i highly doubt you will get anything/compensated for your time.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:19 PM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

thats the way to do it.
Old 04-13-2007, 04:36 PM
TL SL ML :)

Congrats...thats exactly what I would have done...

...I have no problem raising my voice at any one if they're knowingly being rude...you did the "right" thing...I'd consider the legal route with an attorney if there's someone in the family that's a lawyer have them write up some preliminary papers and deliver them to the dealership, just to get them to go from pissing to sh*tting in their pants haha
Old 04-13-2007, 04:43 PM
Instructor

Good ending! Have to say though, that not all dealerships are the same. Some time ago, when I had 2000TL, I brought it for transmission replacement to Sunnyside Acura (Nashua, NH) and was given another one as a loner. It took about a week before my car was ready. Two days before that, while parked at the supermarket parking lot, somebody backed up into car's front bumper and made a good size dent in it. So, when I was picking up my car I told service counselor what has happened. He came out with me, saw the damage and said: "Not big of a deal! With all that trouble you are having with the tranny, it would be unfair to charge you anything..." BTW, I don't remember a SINGLE TIME when they inspect the loner at the return or any papers I need to sign (I do sign papers when I get the car – but that’s it). I just park the car, give the keys back, take mine and "have a nice day!"
Old 04-13-2007, 04:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Good job dude!!!! And very respectable that you look out for your family like that!

Quick Reply: Anyone who has received a loaner car from Acura dealer, Please Read!