3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have Illuminated Sills with white LEDs on the doors?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2006, 10:09 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone have Illuminated Sills with white LEDs on the doors?

Does anyone have the illuminated sills installed from Supercomputers with the white LEDs in the doors? It seems like every picture I've seen of the illuminated sills installed have them with the blue LEDs on the doors.

I'm wondering how the blue sills would look with the white LEDs and if the colors would conflict at all.

If anyone has any pictures with their blue sills and white LEDs in their doors, that'd be awesome.

Let me know what you all think
Old 10-17-2006, 10:52 AM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I have the stock white lights with the sills! Hehe...blue would be too ricer for me on the door LEDs. I can't imagine how it would look too much different with LEDs though...aren't they just brighter?

The brighter the lights the less you're going to see the sills lighting up though...they look best in the dark.

The back sills are much brighter than the front ones too, look better IMO.
Old 10-17-2006, 08:27 PM
Intermediate

(I've been waiting months to have a chance to post this...)
Old 10-18-2006, 08:11 AM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Old 10-21-2006, 01:36 AM
Pro

Thanks for the pics GQ! I actually just got the sills installed the other day and they do look SWEET. They have the light blue tone to them and not the dominant blue which I thought they were going to be. The color is very clean and doesn't make the car look ricey at all. I can't wait to get my new white 9LEDs in. They're going to look awesome with the sills
Old 10-22-2006, 10:56 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Thanks for the Props Jimmy, The Car looks Sweet GP! Gusy Door Sills in Red and Blue and All models of the Race Pedals are in stock Just let me know.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:40 AM
Pro

Hey Dave,

The sills are AWESOME man! Mad props to you!

Acuraziners,

I would highly recommend them. I originally was iffy because I thought they would look kinda ricey but it turns out that they are not like that at all.
Old 11-03-2006, 02:30 PM
Three Wheelin'

Thanks for all the Props Jimmy you are a great customer Again the car looks Hot!!!
Old 11-03-2006, 03:36 PM
now with four rings

i have the 9LED white lights on my car and have been wanting to get the white illuminated door sills, except i know supercomputers' door sills are ones you put over your existing ones and i've been wanting the ones that replace your existing ones...to me, just putting illuminating sills over your existing ones wouldn't look as clean and might take away from the quality too...to everyone who has the kind that fit over your existing sills, do they look a lot different? can you tell there are sills on top of sills? ...i'm just a lil skeptical about that...i think the white illuminated sills would look hot though with 9LED white lights...

Old 11-03-2006, 04:01 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
^ I'm with you. The guy that sells the replacement sills is on ebay, I heard he still had some sills left. The only thing is that they are more money and I little different.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:04 PM
Three Wheelin'

Pics of our sills are on Slimmy Jimmys car pics are above take a look. As for white we wont be doing white we have Red and Blue only. In my opinon they look like one solid clean unit. However I am biasis ask all the members on here, we have over 170+ Sets out there installed now. Good luck to you on whatever you decide.
Old 11-03-2006, 04:07 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by PPLAPW
^ I'm with you. The guy that sells the replacement sills is on ebay, I heard he still had some sills left. The only thing is that they are more money and I little different.
yeah i've got that guy bookmarked... ...i asked him a few months ago about selling a set to me and he replied saying he'd give me a slightly lower price than what he was asking for them when he got his next batch in...i never bought them because of the money (they're about $50-75 more than the 'fit over' type)...i remember reading on here that putting the illuminating sills over your existing ones causes a little loss of light coming through compared to the kind that actually replace your sills....i think i'm going to hold out just a little longer and get the ones that replace your current sills...
Old 11-03-2006, 04:37 PM
Trucki!!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Do what I do when I want something but $ is the problem. Set aside $30-$40 a week till you have enough to cover them. $30-$40 won't hurt you every week then whent he time comes you won't feel the pain of shelling out the xrta loot.
Old 11-13-2006, 11:05 AM
Pro

The sills that I got from supercomputers did replace my stock sills. The stock sills were just removed and the sills from supercomputers were just put in their place. It looks great and factory. I'm not sure why some others put the sills from supercomputers on top of their current ones when you can just easily replace them. It looks a lot better too.
Old 11-13-2006, 01:36 PM
now with four rings

hmm, first time i've ever heard someone say that supercomputers' sills replace the stock ones...considering they're cheaper than the guy on ebay whose actually replace the stock sills...

i'm even more skeptical now since i asked supercomputers myself back in june if they covered or replaced the stock sills and they said they cover them...

my question:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...2&postcount=14

their answer:
https://acurazine.com/forums/showpos...5&postcount=15
Old 11-13-2006, 04:48 PM
Three Wheelin'

Guys My SIlls Cover the stock sills they dont replace them. I have not seen anybody yet who has used them as a direct replacement. Slimmy maybe you did not see the installer cover your stock equipment. Post pics when you can if possible.
Old 11-13-2006, 05:41 PM
now with four rings

Originally Posted by Supercomputers
Guys My SIlls Cover the stock sills they dont replace them. I have not seen anybody yet who has used them as a direct replacement. Slimmy maybe you did not see the installer cover your stock equipment. Post pics when you can if possible.
thank you...

it was time to clear the air on that matter...and i would love to see pics...especially eye level with the side of the sills so i can see the difference between covering them and the stock ones...
Old 11-13-2006, 09:37 PM
Three Wheelin'

Rimz Maybe a member can post some pics for you, To be honest you cant even tell there on there. I would post but I dont have any side pics like you are requesting.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:59 PM
now with four rings

yeah, from the pics i've seen you can't tell they're covering the stock sills...my biggest concern is if covering the stock ones doesn't produce as great of an illumination as the ones that replace your stock sills...plus i'm really only interested in the white sills...
Old 11-13-2006, 11:35 PM
Pro

Hey guys,

I was actually in the same situation as you rimz in terms of wanting only white sills to match my white interior LED lighting but it turns out that the blue sills from supercomputers still look great and still complement my white interior lighting very nicely.

In terms of my sills covering my previous ones, my installer probably did that but from the looks of it, you really can't even tell. That's why I assumed that they were just direct replacements of the stock sills. Sorry if I gave out any misleading info. Definitely didn't mean to do that. But honestly, I really like the way they look now and they're perfect for me.

Here are some pics. Hope these help. Sorry about the poor quality. I'm terrible at taking pictures.

The color of the sills in the pictures are pretty close to what they are in person. They might be a bit more blue in person but not by much.

Old 11-14-2006, 01:31 AM
Instructor

dang that shit is hot! how much and are they easy to install?
Old 11-14-2006, 09:26 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Armydog14
dang that shit is hot! how much and are they easy to install?
I got the sills from supercomputers for $169.99 shipped to my door.

In terms of install, I was going to do it myself but I didn't have the right installation tools necessary so I just got it done by my installer. He charged me $50. There are step by step instructions that supercomputers can provide though that make doing the install super easy. It has pictures and everything.

In summary, a highly recommend mod to all
Old 11-14-2006, 09:30 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
slimmy can you post daytime pics so we can see how they look without the old sills there?
Old 11-14-2006, 10:09 AM
Pro

Sure, I'll post them up as soon as I get a chance to take some shots.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:31 AM
Kaa - Ching !!!

Location: Rhode Island.....Self-Proclaimed Chromed Cousin of Brettallica
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
WOW These sills are HOT..........I'm going to try a search and see if I can find them. Any additional info would be great -
Old 11-14-2006, 11:37 AM
now with four rings

okay, those are some good looking sills...

and here's the instructions for installing them... http://www.sbadesign.com/acurazine/sills/

i would like to say that the illuminated sills in the instructions look more blue than your blue sills jimmy...yours look more white to me, even though they're blue...maybe it's your camera or something, but if i could get sills that matched the color yours are giving off, i'd put my order in very soon...
Old 11-14-2006, 12:38 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

slimmyjimmy, in your pics, it seems the brightness of your front and rear is the same but on others, the fronts are a little dimmer than rears. is it because you replaced the existing sills with them?
Old 11-14-2006, 12:48 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rimz
okay, those are some good looking sills...

and here's the instructions for installing them... http://www.sbadesign.com/acurazine/sills/

i would like to say that the illuminated sills in the instructions look more blue than your blue sills jimmy...yours look more white to me, even though they're blue...maybe it's your camera or something, but if i could get sills that matched the color yours are giving off, i'd put my order in very soon...
I would agree. The sills are definitely more blue in person. I think it was the darkness of my garage as well as just the settings on the camera. Colors on digital camera pics never seem to come out the way that they really are in person.
Old 11-14-2006, 12:51 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by enigmaos
slimmyjimmy, in your pics, it seems the brightness of your front and rear is the same but on others, the fronts are a little dimmer than rears. is it because you replaced the existing sills with them?
Hmm....I never noticed a difference in the brightness of the front and rear. Both look the same to me. That might be because my stock sills were replaced as you mentioned.

Also, because my installer did everything, I wasn't sure if my stock sills were replaced but now I'm pretty sure that they were especially since he gave me my stock sills just in case for the future.

Looks like it's possible after all. And not only possible, but the mod also looks really sweet!
Old 11-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by SteveP66
WOW These sills are HOT..........I'm going to try a search and see if I can find them. Any additional info would be great -
You can pick up the sills from supercomputers. He's an official vendor on AcuraZine. If you look in this thread, he's posted a few comments too so you can PM him through there.
Old 11-14-2006, 02:05 PM
now with four rings

well damn, if these sills are able to replace the stock ones, i might be a little closer to buying these...jimmy, i don't suppose you can tell that something might be missing from your new sills replacing the stock ones...? like, supercomputers' sills were made to cover the stock ones, but if the installer replaced your stock ones, then something has to be gone, right? maybe the inside of the new sills are empty or something...

i dunno, i just want to be sure of what i'm getting if i order these...and i agree, like i've been worred about all along, replacing your stock sills instead of covering them will produce a greater illumination...so if i order these, i'll definitely want to replace my stock ones...now if supercomputers would just come out with white ones...
Old 11-14-2006, 03:03 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

Originally Posted by slimmyjimmy
Hmm....I never noticed a difference in the brightness of the front and rear. Both look the same to me. That might be because my stock sills were replaced as you mentioned.

Also, because my installer did everything, I wasn't sure if my stock sills were replaced but now I'm pretty sure that they were especially since he gave me my stock sills just in case for the future.

Looks like it's possible after all. And not only possible, but the mod also looks really sweet!
can you take some pics of finished product during day time? I want to see how they fit in OEM location.

if supercomputer's sills can be used as replacements, then I might get a set.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:47 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by rimz
well damn, if these sills are able to replace the stock ones, i might be a little closer to buying these...jimmy, i don't suppose you can tell that something might be missing from your new sills replacing the stock ones...? like, supercomputers' sills were made to cover the stock ones, but if the installer replaced your stock ones, then something has to be gone, right? maybe the inside of the new sills are empty or something...

i dunno, i just want to be sure of what i'm getting if i order these...and i agree, like i've been worred about all along, replacing your stock sills instead of covering them will produce a greater illumination...so if i order these, i'll definitely want to replace my stock ones...now if supercomputers would just come out with white ones...
hmmm.....I honestly can't tell if something is missing. I wish I actually watched my installer do it then I could give a bit more info but seriously, it looks like all he did was do a swap. If the sills were made to just go on top of the stock sills, maybe he did something to make it fit and look right as a direct replacement.

When I get a chance to take daytime pics, I'll post those up right away. Hopefully those will help. I'm sure that'll give everyone a better idea of what they look like at face value.
Old 11-14-2006, 03:51 PM
Pro

Originally Posted by enigmaos
can you take some pics of finished product during day time? I want to see how they fit in OEM location.

if supercomputer's sills can be used as replacements, then I might get a set.
Sure. Again, I don't know if my installer put them on as direct replacements although I'm about 95% sure that he did cause I have my stock sills sitting at home in a box for the future in case I ever want to go back to stock.

As for pictures, I'll try and get to them soon but it's kinda hard with daylight savings time now and by the time I get home from work everyday, it's already dark
Old 11-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Three Wheelin'

Guys Sills are 169.99 Delivered They ship the day you pay and we have them in Red or Blue

PAYPAL ID: ALLARNDPRODUCTS@YAHOO.COM

Thanks
Dave
Old 11-14-2006, 10:53 PM
Pro

Major Update!

The first major update is that the sills that I got from Dave at supercomputers actually CAN replace the stock ones. I know this a 100% now because I found my stock sills and even took a picture of them to show that they actually were replaced.

I'm not sure how my installer did a full replacement especially since Dave from supercomputers said that they're not meant to replace your stock sills but he must've found a way to do it and do it good cause it looks perfect.

The second major update is that I was finally able to take some lighted pics of the sills but since I'm never home during the day when it's light out, I had to go to the lit parking garage at my work to take some pics. The entire garage is lit up with yellowish hued lights so it really showed in the pictures. Don't worry, the sills aren't that color in person

Hope these help!

Front sill:

Rear sill:

Sideways shot of the front sill:

Sideways shot of the rear sill:

And here's a shot of everything in full view!

Old 11-14-2006, 11:52 PM
18,000mi. 29000km

looks sick. Although my parents would complain my car look like spaceship.
Old 11-15-2006, 01:07 AM
Three Wheelin'

Slimmy there is a first for everything and you are the man those look perfect way to go!!!! I guess you prevail in this conversation and are correct. My sills can replace the stock ones althought I am not sure how your guy did it. Great Job!
Old 11-15-2006, 09:21 AM
Pro

Originally Posted by Supercomputers
Slimmy there is a first for everything and you are the man those look perfect way to go!!!! I guess you prevail in this conversation and are correct. My sills can replace the stock ones althought I am not sure how your guy did it. Great Job!
Thanks for everything Dave!
Old 11-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Too Fast TOO FURIOUS

do they fit like OEM (no gaps, tight)? any chance of close side way shots?

Quick Reply: Anyone have Illuminated Sills with white LEDs on the doors?