Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone buy a TL in western PA?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 08:37 AM
A.K.A. Karl Hungus

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone buy a TL in western PA?

I'm looking to purchase a 04 TL sometime in the next year or so, but the dealers around here all want sticker. I was wondering if anyone had bought a car in Western PA and got a good deal? If so, care to give me a heads up on where?

Thanks -- D
Old 12-03-2003, 05:23 PM
Cruisin'

Spitzer and Bairal both said they would take the Dest Charge off.
Thats about it, short of a trunk mat or flaps. I am looking also but I am going to wait until spring or for a '05.
I have a RSX and a CL. DON'T go to Spitzer for service. I found out that they put on non-Acura brake pads on my CL to save money. I had it out with the service manager over a problem with my RSX (6 times). Finally took it to Wexford and they fixed the problem the first time. Spitzer always gave me the most of my trade-in's compared to the other two dealerships. But the service...
Old 12-03-2003, 08:14 PM
A.K.A. Karl Hungus

Thanks for the input. Been working somewhat with Bariel somewhat, for the test drive of the 04 tl. I was probably going to go back there for the purchase, but I'll check out Sptizer first on your reccomendation.

Incidentally -- How did you know they were not Acura brake pads?
Old 12-04-2003, 04:49 PM
Cruisin'

Well, it's a long story. I bought my CL at Spitzer in '98 and out of loyality I took it back to Spitzer for all the service. Inspections, oil changes etc... So I bought a RSX at Spitzer also(most for trade -in.)Again I took the RSX only to Spitzer.
I started to have a problem with the RSX and after 6 times I finally said enough. The service manager tried to tell me the the problem I had was normal. I called around the the other Acura dealerships said the Spitzer manager was full of it. The bottom line was they didn't want to correct the problem because it cost them too much money.( Still under warrenty).
So I took the RSX to Bariel and they fixed the problem.
This leaves me to your question, I started taking my cars to Bariel for everything. My CL needed a inspection and when they took off the wheels they told me that I had non-Acura pads=ripped off!
The only garage my CL has been in was Spitzer.
I hope that ansered you question and from my two bad experiences from Spitzer I would stay away from the service dept. They could has used the wrong type of oil, and I would't have known.
I have been in contact with a salesman who used to work a Spitzer a few years ago a went to Bariel. His name is Don Maggichetti, the nicest guy, no pressure, I would buy anything from him.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:25 PM
Instructor

I bought My car at Spitzer's. I have to agree with silveraccord. Spitzer gave the best price for my TL-S. On the other hand the service is a nightmare. I bought the car with aftermarket wheels on it. The damn things started to rust after a year of owership. I had to battle with them to get new rims. After the dust settled they gave me a set of chromed TL-S wheels even trade. Witch was still BS. Because I paid 2000$ for the rims. They still made out on the deal. They got my rims back witch they may have sold to someone else and the price to get the stock rims chromed was not 2000. I use Bud Smail Acura in Greensburg for all of my service. There service Dept. is great. They installed all of my preformance parts at a good price. Hope this helps.
Old 12-04-2003, 08:42 PM
Cruisin'

I had a 6 speed on order at Spitzer, actualy I had the first one but Bariel had one in the color I wanted so I got it at Bariel. From a sales point I liked them both. I may try Spitzer for service since I live in Washington, but. I have also had some locals say they liked Bariel's service better. I paid list, but got some free mudd flaps and slush mats.