Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone buy from Acura of the Desert

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 11:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone buy from Acura of the Desert

I am going to be out there on Wednesday, and thought I would check them out, sent a request via the internet, anyone have a contact there?

Michael
Old 11-07-2004, 12:33 AM
2nd Gear

Edit by Moderator Ron A: No advertising. Final warning.
Old 11-07-2004, 01:07 AM
Burning Brakes

Marty,

I am looking for Auto with Navi, would be interested in the WDP, or the Anthracite, let me know what you can do? I might be in San Diego on Sunday.

Michael
Old 11-08-2004, 01:03 AM
2nd Gear

Sry Michael

Unfortunately, the advertising police have put the clamps on me. Here is the only reason I posted what I did. First off, I am not a typical Car Guy OK ! I just retired from the Navy in April where I was stationed at the Amphibious Base in Coronado and worked at Special Boat Unit 12 and for Special Boat Squadron 1.
I swore when I decided to get into this (which took a lot of thought considering the preconcieved ideas of car salesman) that I would treat the client or consumer the way that I wish that I was treated when entering a dealership, with respect that the individual is smart enough to make the decision on whether to buy the product without pressure from a salesperson. My job is to inform someone about the product, it is their job to decide whether the product is right for them.
Heck, it was only 4 short months ago I was on the other side of the desk buying a car, so when people state that they are just beginning the research phase to see what is on the market I understand, why should you not shop for cars, you shop for everything else in this world, so I totally understand. I am always a straight shooter and honest with my clients and I know the old story but I really do work for my clients and my CSI scores prove it, I dont want to ever take advantage of people the way some do.
As a former military person I have seen many of us taken advantage of and also down right stolen from by sales people and refuse to ever be associated with an organization that supports it. I even tell clients where to get things cheaper or send them to get things done like tinting, chrome rims or detailing rather than gouge them and make a fast buck. So, if I upset the police, I am sorry. I was just trying to help someone who I may be able to help out.

Marty

P.S. Didn't mean to drag it out so long.
Old 11-08-2004, 09:09 AM
Administrator

Received 1,003 Likes on 573 Posts
Marty65:
This forum has very strict rules on posting advertising messages if you are not a paying sponsor. I am only enforcing those rules.

We are happy to have you as a member of our forum. We have several other members who work at dealers, not only in sales but in parts and service, and they know, or were told, to keep anything out of their posts that looks like they are inviting people to their dealership.

You have probably noticed from reading past threads that we don't object to a member recommending a particular dealer where they got a good deal or were treated well. We just don't want the people who work at those dealers blowing their own horns.