3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any Good Buying Experiences in Colorado?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2004, 11:55 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by paparazzi
HM Brown, Broker in denver. I paid 32,195 550 shipping no underwritung fee (most dealers wanted $200to $300 no navi. 2200 tax, the brokers fees were included in the price. Excelent service! Had my car in a week cause I wanted black w black interior.
I got $32,126 plus $369 dealer fee for my non navi on 5/10 from Mile High. Courtesy offered me $31,750 plus dealer fee but it would be a factory order and not be in until end of June.
Old 05-26-2004, 02:27 PM
10th Gear

For some crazy reason, I told myself I will never go back to MileHigh after MileHigh messing up my deal with Pikes Peak but I wind up ordering one from Mile HighHigh Acura. I was there on Saturday to check out the color choices on TL before ordering it from other dealer then I got started talking to one of the saleman who were very nice. So in all I ordered a TL NBP with Nav (Parchment), Protection Package (Paint Protection, Trunk Tray, Mud Guard, Wheel Locks), All Season Floor Mats and Clear Bra for $34,250 + dealer handling ($299), Tax + Title on April 30. I don't think I got the best deal but I wanted to get it over with trying to get TL. I put down $1000 Non-refundable deposit, unless they can't deliver the car by end of June.

Got a call on first week of May that my car will be build between May 7-9. Expect delivery of 2-3 weeks after that. But got a call May 18, that my car didn't get build because of the shortage on NAV units. I was told then that it will get build on June 9 and expect the delivery at the end of June. I am suspisous about this whole thing. Is it all possible that maybe they sold the car that I ordered to somebody else? I keep kicking myself for ordering a car from HileHigh. I should not have gone back to MileHigh. Why, why did I talked into geting one from there is beyond me.

I am thinking that maybe I should cancel and loose the $1000 deposit and go someplace else. If I can buy the car with the same price minuse the $1000 from someplace else.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:21 PM
PAPARAZZI

You should not have to pay there silly handling fee or the $500.00 convience pkg. H.m. Brown waived both of those charges. I do not understand why anyone would want to go to a dealer in the Denver area and deal with all of the BS salesmen put you through.
Old 05-26-2004, 05:42 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by junbug
For some crazy reason, I told myself I will never go back to MileHigh after MileHigh messing up my deal with Pikes Peak but I wind up ordering one from Mile HighHigh Acura. I was there on Saturday to check out the color choices on TL before ordering it from other dealer then I got started talking to one of the saleman who were very nice. So in all I ordered a TL NBP with Nav (Parchment), Protection Package (Paint Protection, Trunk Tray, Mud Guard, Wheel Locks), All Season Floor Mats and Clear Bra for $34,250 + dealer handling ($299), Tax + Title on April 30. I don't think I got the best deal but I wanted to get it over with trying to get TL. I put down $1000 Non-refundable deposit, unless they can't deliver the car by end of June.

Got a call on first week of May that my car will be build between May 7-9. Expect delivery of 2-3 weeks after that. But got a call May 18, that my car didn't get build because of the shortage on NAV units. I was told then that it will get build on June 9 and expect the delivery at the end of June. I am suspisous about this whole thing. Is it all possible that maybe they sold the car that I ordered to somebody else? I keep kicking myself for ordering a car from HileHigh. I should not have gone back to MileHigh. Why, why did I talked into geting one from there is beyond me.

I am thinking that maybe I should cancel and loose the $1000 deposit and go someplace else. If I can buy the car with the same price minuse the $1000 from someplace else.
I promised myself I wouldn't by from there either but ended up anyway due to the color I wanted being available. I delt with Jerry P. who seems to be nice. I kind of didn't have a lot of trust with them but they did deliver as promised and a few days early. When I told them I wanted WDP with parchment they said that it would be end of May at the earliest but they would try to find one from another dealer. I went ahead and put down the $1,000 and then out of the blue in about 5 mins they said, oh we have one coming in on 5/15. Hmmm, I think they knew that but weren't willing to tell me that for some reason until I put cash down.
Old 05-26-2004, 10:40 PM
10th Gear

Smile

Choices around Denver area is very limited. That was the reason I was willing to go to other states, until I got talked into ordering one from MileHigh. I wish I had not dealth with MiileHigh but it's already done. So I am almost hoping that they don't get my car by June, that way I can go someplace else without loosing the deposit. But we will see. Since I ordered my car, the sales manager has taken over the job and I haven't talk to my salesman since I put the deposit down. We will see what happens at the end of June, but at least I can drive my wife's MDX in the meantime.

Will all the bad experiences I had with Acura dealers here, I don't think I will ever buy another Acura again. I think I will go with Lexus or something. Who knows maybe I will change my mind later. Tut they have taken out all the fun and enjoyment of buying and driving a new car.
Old 05-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Instructor

With the TL so in demand they are all making up for weak sales over the last few years, other then the MDX. The best dealer I ever worked with was Ralph Schomp for my 323i and my wifes CR-V. They have no haggle pricing which might be a bit higher then you can get if you can haggle well but I can't stand dealing with that stuff. Their service is great too.

Mile High was fine once I didn't have to deal with them on a trade in. When I first went there they jerked me around on my trade. I ended up selling it myself for $3,500 more then they would offer so that was worth the extra work. They remembered me and it was nice to kind of toss it back in their face with what I got for the car and that it only took me about a month to sell. If I could have waited longer I would have went with Courtesy due to the cheaper price and they are closer to my house.

My parents have owned 6 Lexus cars over the last 14 years and in all honesty their sales people are no different. They low balled them on all the trades and gave the speach about how in demand the car they were buying was.
Old 05-27-2004, 11:06 AM
10th Gear

Mindcrime,
I've also got my frist brand-new car (Civic) from Ralph Schomp and I was very pleased with the no haggle price (very reasonable). And I've got almost all my servcie from them and I was very happy with the service. They were very courteous to me and I've never had issues with them. Even to date, when I get my service done on my Civic, they still get me a loaner car for major manintenace services. So far I've never had problem with my Civic after nine and half years. That was the deciding factor for me to get Acura for my wife and I this year. But the bad buying experiences are driving me away from Acura now.

My friends and my in-laws were very happy with the experiences at Lexus dealers and they couldn't believe the experiences that I had with Acura dealers. My brother in-law got the used Lotus and he was very happy with the maintenance services he got at the import auto center on CountyLine. Maybe I should go with Euro cars the next.
Old 06-02-2004, 08:14 PM
Advanced

I am the internet manager here at Pikes Peak Acura. If you are still in the market for a new TL, please feel free to email me at estone@pikespeak.dealerspace.net or call to 719-651-6007. I take great pride in exemplary customer service (see post below from a former customer!) TLs are getting scarce, but I will do everything I can to earn your business! Let me know what you want and I will be happy to assist you with finding the car and will be happy to negotiate all the terms prior to your arrival at the dealership.

Best regards,

Erik Stone
Old 06-03-2004, 12:46 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SpringsAcura
I am the internet manager here at Pikes Peak Acura. If you are still in the market for a new TL, please feel free to email me at estone@pikespeak.dealerspace.net or call to 719-651-6007. I take great pride in exemplary customer service (see post below from a former customer!) TLs are getting scarce, but I will do everything I can to earn your business! Let me know what you want and I will be happy to assist you with finding the car and will be happy to negotiate all the terms prior to your arrival at the dealership.

Best regards,

Erik Stone
I tried but nobody ever responded to my emails when I was looking for quotes back in March and April.
Old 06-03-2004, 12:48 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by junbug
Mindcrime,
I've also got my frist brand-new car (Civic) from Ralph Schomp and I was very pleased with the no haggle price (very reasonable). And I've got almost all my servcie from them and I was very happy with the service. They were very courteous to me and I've never had issues with them. Even to date, when I get my service done on my Civic, they still get me a loaner car for major manintenace services. So far I've never had problem with my Civic after nine and half years. That was the deciding factor for me to get Acura for my wife and I this year. But the bad buying experiences are driving me away from Acura now.

My friends and my in-laws were very happy with the experiences at Lexus dealers and they couldn't believe the experiences that I had with Acura dealers. My brother in-law got the used Lotus and he was very happy with the maintenance services he got at the import auto center on CountyLine. Maybe I should go with Euro cars the next.
Ralph Schomp service is the best. I wish I hadn't had to visit them as much with my 3 series but when I did it was first class and they would even drive me and pick me up from my office in downtown Denver. Can't ask for more than that.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:12 AM
1st Gear

Just picked mine up today!!

I picked mine up today at Flatirons, ordered it back in March. I'm so pumped to finally have it. I'm picky and I wanted a Red one with black leather, AT, and Navi.

Like many of you I also walked away from Mile High. I had a price in mind, cash, knew exactly what I wanted, and they let me walk.

I talked to Lief from Pikes Peak over the phone. Sounded like a nice guy, but Colorado Springs was just too far for me. (I live in NoCo)

All-in-all I was happy with my buying experience at Flatirons, but I don't think I got that great of a deal after reading some of your posts. I guess it might be harder to negotiate the price down if your special ordering a car and you're not trading anything in (so they can play with the numbers). I got all the dealer fees waived and paid ~$300 below MSRP for mine.

The good thing about ordering one is that it didn't come with the default packages the dealers like to put on it. I found the Acura wheel locks, trunk mat, and mud flaps on eBay for more than 1/2 off of list and they were all easy to install. I've got an appointment Friday at a local place to add the clear bra and window tint.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:30 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Mindcrime
I tried but nobody ever responded to my emails when I was looking for quotes back in March and April.
I had the same problem. As I said earlier in one of these threads, the web site was a little confusing with regard to who was the internet manager and who you should email. As I recall, different pages had different folk's email addresses. I wonder if my emails just went into the bit bucket.

I can say that my mom called to inquire about a TSX and Pikes Peak was very responsive and competitive price-wise. In the end she bought in Boulder because it was closer.
Old 06-03-2004, 01:39 AM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by newacuraowner
I picked mine up today at Flatirons, ordered it back in March. I'm so pumped to finally have it. I'm picky and I wanted a Red one with black leather, AT, and Navi.
Congrats on the purchase! Sounds like we ordered almost the same car. The only difference is I got 6MT. I'm still waiting for mine.

Where are you getting your clear bra and tint done? Are you using Quality Tint & Clear bra? Let me know via thread or PM what brand/type of tint a bra you get and if you are satisfied. Seems like a mixed bag out there for folks that used metallic tints with nav. I'm thinking I'll avoid metallic tint just to be safe.
Old 06-03-2004, 11:16 AM
Advanced

BTW -- I just took in an 2004 Acura TL 6speed DWP/P ASPEC with 10,258 miles on it. It also has tint, all season mats and a clear bra. I sold it new to a GI at Ft. Carson who is now being transferred & traded it on a truck for the move. He went to FL, NC & back after purchase, so bulk of the miles are from that long trip on the highway. List price will be $35,748 Original price including all accessories was $39,885. Email at estone.pikespeak.dealerspace.com if you want info! or call 719-651-6007

Best Regards,

Erik Stone
Old 06-03-2004, 11:28 AM
SOLD

Originally Posted by SpringsAcura
BTW -- I just took in an 2004 Acura TL 6speed DWP/P ASPEC with 10,258 miles on it. It also has tint, all season mats and a clear bra. I sold it new to a GI at Ft. Carson who is now being transferred & traded it on a truck for the move. He went to FL, NC & back after purchase, so bulk of the miles are from that long trip on the highway. List price will be $35,748 Original price including all accessories was $39,885. Email at estone.pikespeak.dealerspace.com if you want info! or call 719-651-6007

Best Regards,

Erik Stone
Erik, thanks again for your helping out with our 2 cars, I would still recommend you and Leif to anyone. Was that guy above a black guy? I think I saw him there the day I picked my NBP/NAVI up....
Old 06-03-2004, 11:44 AM
Advanced

Yes -- same guy -- mst sgt. Hunt. Loved his TL -- I got him a F-150 Lightning to take the sting out of the transfer! Glad you were happy with your purchase here and let me know how i can help you in the future! Say hi to your folks for me!
Old 06-03-2004, 01:53 PM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Mindcrime
Ralph Schomp service is the best. I wish I hadn't had to visit them as much with my 3 series but when I did it was first class and they would even drive me and pick me up from my office in downtown Denver. Can't ask for more than that.

Yes, I was very happy with the services I got from them. I thought about buying another Honda from them, but decided I want something little more with the kick. I thought about leasing a BMW from Ralph Schomp, but I decided to get TL for various reasons.

Right now, I am getting little impatient about waiting for my car. I hope it does get built on June 9, but I still got another month of waiting until it gets delivered.
Old 06-03-2004, 02:21 PM
Instructor

The dealers I went to were gay, they would not give me a good price on the TL. Thats why I bought an Accord Coupe EX V6 w/ navi! I got the car for 1.3k under invoice, i'd like to see u guyz do that w/ an Acura :P
Old 06-03-2004, 02:37 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by SlayerGTR
The dealers I went to were gay, they would not give me a good price on the TL. Thats why I bought an Accord Coupe EX V6 w/ navi! I got the car for 1.3k under invoice, i'd like to see u guyz do that w/ an Acura :P
Which dealerships did you wrong? Mile High, Courtesy, Pikes Pike or Flat Irons Boulder, all of the above? Try to be more specific. Inquiring minds want to know .

Edit, never mind, I see you are Texas. Oh well.
Old 06-03-2004, 07:47 PM
SOLD

Originally Posted by SlayerGTR
Those V6 coupes are actually not that slow, I had a little fun spurt with one awhile ago. It is safe to say the 6MT may be as fast as the 5AT TL.
Old 06-07-2004, 09:37 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had to give up on the Colorado dealers. Just not good supply here, I guess. If I were a dealer, I would get all I could (up to MSRP) also.

I did my deal. I'm paying $830 to ship a car and still doing just slightly better than the best Navi deal I saw in this thread.