Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any CGP's out there?

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Ricer Killer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Any CGP's out there?

i really feel like a loner here, i havent seen or heard anyone post or talk about owning a Carbon Grey Pearl TL. this might be because of it being an 07 exclusive...but i really want to see picks of what people have done to it, as to be a guideline for what i doo. thanks

feeling lonely lol
Old 04-27-2008, 07:43 PM
Looking for new mods

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts
I have one, so far did the type s lights and rear. About to get my lights retro fit on friday.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...bon+gray+pearl

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...bon+gray+pearl
Old 04-27-2008, 07:50 PM
Ricer Killer

yay! wow, the Type S lights look great. how much did you get them for?
Old 04-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Looking for new mods

Originally Posted by Clean>Rice
Got them for a group buy....289 for the lights and the side marker. The type s rear spoiler was 120.

you can get depo ligths for 150 on ebay. Manny here have said that they are just as good as the oem.
Old 04-27-2008, 08:00 PM
6MT G37

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

How'd you manage to buy an Acura Tl at 17? Parents?
Old 04-28-2008, 02:00 PM
Ricer Killer

Originally Posted by Ruserious
How'd you manage to buy an Acura Tl at 17? Parents?

well...i hit the lottery. jk, it was my gift for going to UCLA next year...and, well, where i live and go to school, almost everyone gets a new car/ nice car for their 16th b-day. i just waited and drove one of my dad's cars an extra year and got the choice of either a G35, Is 350, or TL after i turned 17.
Old 04-28-2008, 02:44 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
well...i hit the lottery. jk, it was my gift for going to UCLA next year...and, well, where i live and go to school, almost everyone gets a new car/ nice car for their 16th b-day. i just waited and drove one of my dad's cars an extra year and got the choice of either a G35, Is 350, or TL after i turned 17.
Congrats on getting into UCLA (it's not so easy to get accepted anymore)!! Nice to see a fellow Bruin on the forums.

Great choice on the TL, and CGP at that. You should be proud to be driving the most rare-colored TL around

I love the way the CGP looks stock, though the TL-S taillights, rear side-markers, and headlights give it a much meaner look. I personally think it looks better without a spoiler, but the A-spec kit is nice. Tinted windows look nice too, but you'd need to deal with moleskin to protect the tint film from getting scratches, where some people have had gooey consequences (tho rarely). Plus it voids warranty on any of the window-related mechanisms

I've noticed 1 or 2 tiny paint chips from road debris on the lower edge of the front hood, so clearbra might be something to consider. I wish I had gotten it. This happened on the 405 FWY too- I'm sure as a Bruin you'll be taking that fwy quite often, so heads up!

Lastly, Cleaner is indeed > than rice !!!
Old 04-28-2008, 03:36 PM
Looking for new mods

Originally Posted by mikiTL
Congrats on getting into UCLA (it's not so easy to get accepted anymore)!! Nice to see a fellow Bruin on the forums.

Great choice on the TL, and CGP at that. You should be proud to be driving the most rare-colored TL around

I love the way the CGP looks stock, though the TL-S taillights, rear side-markers, and headlights give it a much meaner look. I personally think it looks better without a spoiler, but the A-spec kit is nice. Tinted windows look nice too, but you'd need to deal with moleskin to protect the tint film from getting scratches, where some people have had gooey consequences (tho rarely). Plus it voids warranty on any of the window-related mechanisms

I've noticed 1 or 2 tiny paint chips from road debris on the lower edge of the front hood, so clearbra might be something to consider. I wish I had gotten it. This happened on the 405 FWY too- I'm sure as a Bruin you'll be taking that fwy quite often, so heads up!

I will atleast get the deck lid spoiler. I have second guessed the aspec kit... but hey i am ordering it by the end of the week. I must say that as much as i love this color, at time i have regrets for couple of reasons.

1. is not a type s
2. some time the color throws a green ... or maybe is just me... now .. at night i park in under a white bulb and man that thing looks sexy and reminds me that i got the right car.
Old 04-28-2008, 03:41 PM
Looking for new mods

i really feel like a loner here, i havent seen or heard anyone post or talk about owning a Carbon Grey Pearl TL. this might be because of it being an 07 exclusive...but i really want to see picks of what people have done to it, as to be a guideline for what i doo. thanks

feeling lonely lol
Correct the name of the color on you signature:

Its Carbon Gray Pearl...not Grey. Its only a few we have to rep it the right way
Old 04-28-2008, 06:52 PM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Oh btw, it is not the rarest... I occasionally, but rarely, see the green TL. I think it's an 04 model only... GREEN...hard to find, but it looks good.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:08 PM
Looking for new mods

Originally Posted by Be-in my TL
Oh btw, it is not the rarest... I occasionally, but rarely, see the green TL. I think it's an 04 model only... GREEN...hard to find, but it looks good.

That is true...and i must say .. here NYC i see more CGP that CBP. FOr 08 is polish metal metallic.. iguess PMM.... not feeling that color.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:20 PM
Ricer Killer

Originally Posted by mikiTL

yayy hahah. yea, well, i do hate the freeway and traffic. and i will definitely consider the clearbra. how much does it run for and what part does it cover? lol...i feel so clueless sometimes haha. i already have one little chip and it bothers me sooo much, its the only thing that has happened to my car...except for all of the STUPID BUGS that keep hitting my car. i guess its cuz they are like 'wow, nice car' and forget to get out of the way

well, i think i am going with the TYPE-S A-SPEC rear spoiler so i can house some dual exhaustos haha and while im at it, im gonna change the tail lights.

so im thinking like:

350 for spoiler
200 for lights (plus im gonna sell my old ones so i can offset the cost)
~1000 for exhausts (either ATLP or OEM Type-S with Stage 3)

and...well, my fellow Bruin. im sry to say, but im not 100% bruin...i come from a USC family, its in my blood.

AND ALWAYS, CLEAN > RICE. i really dislike ricers, especially WANNABE ricers hahaha.
Old 04-28-2008, 07:22 PM
Ricer Killer

Originally Posted by jguerra23
Correct the name of the color on you signature:

Its Carbon Gray Pearl...not Grey. Its only a few we have to rep it the right way

my bad... my fellow CGP brotherrrr hhahah. ohhh, i just realized i should get an A-Spec emblem once i add the Type-S rear lip so i can be super cool
Old 04-28-2008, 07:23 PM
Ricer Killer

I will atleast get the deck lid spoiler. I have second guessed the aspec kit... but hey i am ordering it by the end of the week. I must say that as much as i love this color, at time i have regrets for couple of reasons.

1. is not a type s
2. some time the color throws a green ... or maybe is just me... now .. at night i park in under a white bulb and man that thing looks sexy and reminds me that i got the right car.

yea, sometimes i feel bad about not getting the TYPE-S...but then again, i didnt pay for it anyways, my insurance on it is enough already, but then again, i could have gotten Brembos, 3.5 engine, quads, etc for only like 1500 more...*sigh* instead of spending much much more aftermarket.
Old 04-28-2008, 09:55 PM
Looking for new mods

yea, sometimes i feel bad about not getting the TYPE-S...but then again, i didnt pay for it anyways, my insurance on it is enough already, but then again, i could have gotten Brembos, 3.5 engine, quads, etc for only like 1500 more...*sigh* instead of spending much much more aftermarket.

exactly-

types lights and side 300
Deck lid type s painted and installed 475
Supecomputer metal pedals 169

thats half of the difference......

Quad- atlp-- 1050
Type s rear aspec painted 500

thats the total there.. yeah i beat myself all the time.... speacially because i had the money to buy and RL if i wanted too.
Old 04-28-2008, 11:37 PM
Ricer Killer

exactly-

types lights and side 300
Deck lid type s painted and installed 475
Supecomputer metal pedals 169

thats half of the difference......

Quad- atlp-- 1050
Type s rear aspec painted 500

thats the total there.. yeah i beat myself all the time.... speacially because i had the money to buy and RL if i wanted too.
how did you get the tail lights and side lamps for 300! the dealer is asking 183 for a single light and 104 for a lamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -_-
Old 04-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Be-in my TL
I stand corrected
Actually, lately I've seen alot of CGP down in so-cal, at least 10 different instances. The rarest I've seen are the Green, Red, and Gold(champagne) TLs. I haven't seen a kinetic blue TL in person ever too...Tho all in all, I see TL's everywhere now!
Old 04-29-2008, 11:16 AM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
how did you get the tail lights and side lamps for 300! the dealer is asking 183 for a single light and 104 for a lamp!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -_-

Check out Ebay-you can get TLS tails for for 200ish shipped and sidemarkers for 100ish shipped.
Old 04-29-2008, 12:01 PM
Ricer Killer

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Check out Ebay-you can get TLS tails for for 200ish shipped and sidemarkers for 100ish shipped.
the only thing is that i am kinda scared that if i dont buy from the dealer, and i take it to them to install (under warranty and a sure fit), they will not be happy and charge extra etc...
Old 04-29-2008, 05:45 PM
Looking for new mods

the only thing is that i am kinda scared that if i dont buy from the dealer, and i take it to them to install (under warranty and a sure fit), they will not be happy and charge extra etc...
Its a DIY and the chance of you messing this up..... very little.
Old 04-29-2008, 10:15 PM
Ricer Killer

Its a DIY and the chance of you messing this up..... very little.
well, to install the type-s tail lights, i would need to remove the bumper O_O
Old 04-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Looking for new mods

well, to install the type-s tail lights, i would need to remove the bumper O_O

Partially...One side at a time... there is a thread that shows you how. When I did, my bumber was never fully removed from the car.
Old 05-05-2008, 01:40 AM
07 Mocapper TL

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Oooh, still waiting on the TL-S tails and the spoiler. I just managed to score a huge deal on the A-Spec black chrome 18's and got them on recently.

Now the spoiler and lights come next and then the A-Spec kit.
Old 05-05-2008, 07:54 AM
Looking for new mods

Headlights

Originally Posted by Kenbert
Oooh, still waiting on the TL-S tails and the spoiler. I just managed to score a huge deal on the A-Spec black chrome 18's and got them on recently.

Now the spoiler and lights come next and then the A-Spec kit.
This past weekend i had my lights opened, they painted the chrome part black, and put a type s amber insert, its half clear half amber. Is not that i want my car looking like a type s, but the lights complement the car much more......i am not a fan of a spec wheels, prefer the Ron Jon Legends liquid graphite on our car. At the end of this week, i am ordering the body kit, but type s rear, 150 to paint. ATLP quads, once everything is in, i will post pics.
Old 05-06-2008, 02:31 AM
07 Mocapper TL

very nice, can't wait to see those! Very interested to see what you did with your lights. Is the type S amber look different from the base amber?
Old 05-06-2008, 07:49 AM
Looking for new mods

very nice, can't wait to see those! Very interested to see what you did with your lights. Is the type S amber look different from the base amber?
Yes. The type s only has the amber reflector at the very end of the healight, the rest of the insert is clear, so during the day it looks chrome, I just received my Chrome Bulbs, will install today, these light up amber. Also the Chrome part that surrounds the projectors is black, giving the headlight more depth.....totally recomend it. To swap out the headlight is 800 dollars for type s oem, I got them done for 300, but thats because the person had the semi amber insert.

This is what my light looks like now

Old 05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
07 Mocapper TL

Ooh, very nice. Hmmm...... yep, should really stop coming to this board so much.....
Old 05-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Looking for new mods

Ooh, very nice. Hmmm...... yep, should really stop coming to this board so much.....

I dint pay 300 for OEM Type s.... I pay 300 to get my lights opened, painted black and replace the insert (amber piece)...thats why it was 300.
Old 05-07-2008, 09:57 PM
07 Mocapper TL

300 seems a bit much for me. We'll see though after I start doing more to my car...
Old 05-07-2008, 10:01 PM
Looking for new mods

300 seems a bit much for me. We'll see though after I start doing more to my car...

I felt thesam way at first...started with little leds here and there... then you start looking into other things like:

Deck lid spoiler- Bought painted and installed 400
Type S side marker and rear- 300
Progress RSB 24mm- 129 + 80 for installed
Super computer pedal 160

then body kit 799
exhaust 1000
Cai 230

its start catching up to you... and you will enjoy every penny of it.
Old 05-08-2008, 08:57 AM
Instructor

Wow, I really like that CGP color but have never seen one. Does CGP fall between Anthracite and Black on a darkness scale? I might have another car painted that color that I am restoring.
Old 05-08-2008, 04:52 PM
Looking for new mods

Originally Posted by XS2K
Wow, I really like that CGP color but have never seen one. Does CGP fall between Anthracite and Black on a darkness scale? I might have another car painted that color that I am restoring.

carbon gray is darker than the Anthracite.... I wouldnt say black... more like dark blue.
Old 05-08-2008, 10:27 PM
07 Mocapper TL

LOL, yea, I told myself that I woudln't do all that much after dumping so much money into my Accord. Ah well, now I might do headlamp housings as well!
Old 05-08-2008, 10:35 PM
07 Mocapper TL

Are you lowered? Do you notice a huge gain with RSB?
Old 05-09-2008, 12:16 AM
I have car ADD

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts
post pics of those headlights damnit!! i didnt get to see them in the daylight
Old 05-09-2008, 08:27 AM
Looking for new mods

Are you lowered? Do you notice a huge gain with RSB?

I am not lowered....the RSB def. shows a difference.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Looking for new mods

Originally Posted by BLACKURA_NY
post pics of those headlights damnit!! i didnt get to see them in the daylight

I will as soon as i get it cleaned. My car is going back to the dealer to remove the hologram, they sending it to a body shop this time and giving me a loaner.

This weekedn I will take pics.... You did a great job man.... people cant thell the difference between Oem type s and mine... have yet to change the bulb.

There is another Aziner asking me about you hooking up his lights that way.