Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another victim of the car being keyed

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another victim of the car being keyed

Don't you guys just hate it when your car gets vandalized. Yea, this just happen today in the Woodfield Parking lot. I went to the mall just to walk around and see if anything catches my eye. So I was inside the mall 1:30 p.m. and came out at 2:30 p.m. I walked around the car just to check for any damages then there she was a big freaking scratch. Guessing somebody took there keys and went happy on my car. So I called the police just to file a report . Have any of you guys got your car keyed and had to pay the deductable? My car got rear ended last year and I got that fix and now this....

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 11-11-2006, 04:40 PM
WDP Is Faster

Did you get someone mad while you were driving to the mall or in the parking lot? I'm not pointing fingers at you but honestly, not many people just key cars for the hell of it. 90% of the time, the person probably got pissed off at you for even doing something little like..take their spot, cut in front of them, and whatnot...hint: that's why you seee so many scions keyed (atleast where i live haha). It sucks to see your cark keyeed that damn bad but try to be careful of your driving habits. Especially w/ a nice car like waht you have, they know it'll piss u off even more for your car to get vandalized like that.

then there are the other 10% that are no life dumbasses who just do it because it's a nice car...it's really hard t tell.

either way,
good luck
Old 11-11-2006, 04:41 PM
Visionary Styles Crew

sorry to hear about your situation. i don't think it's worth reporting it to the insurance. painting the hood will cost about $600-700. plus it will be another claim. it sucks man but just payout of pocket. good luck.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:45 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gomezine
sorry to hear about your situation. i don't think it's worth reporting it to the insurance. painting the hood will cost about $600-700. plus it will be another claim. it sucks man but just payout of pocket. good luck.
Just to repaint the hood would cost $600-700..
Old 11-11-2006, 04:48 PM
Visionary Styles Crew

don't quote me on that, but i'm figuring for a good job. even if you have a $500 deductible it's not worth it.
Old 11-11-2006, 06:32 PM
Opium den in

Yea trust me man it sucks, I had some person hit me and drive off (I didnt see it), and I got quoted about 550 for the scratches and my deductible is around there so it doesnt really matter which way I go its gonna be all out of pocket, its ridiculous.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:15 PM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
thats pretty damn deep

you can get it repainted or get a CF hood, or you can get a sealant that will cover that up so it doesnt rust and then get a bra. i think the bra should cover that, not sure though.
Old 11-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Instructor

I know exactly how you feel. Got keyed in an upscale shopping center a few months ago. Thought in a place like that nothing would happen. I was wrong. Keyed from the rear running light including the fender and part of the tailight. I'm probably looking at $500 repair job. It just gets to me that there are people out there that are either jealous or just plain thugs and think it is good fun to damage somebody's property that they work long and hard to pay for.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:23 PM
Instructor

thats mess up to see your baby got keyed like that I know how you feel. My buddy's accord got keyed like that on the trunk lid. Freakin haters out there.
Old 11-11-2006, 10:52 PM
Cruisin'

My brand new Legend Coupe got the trunk keyed in a parking lot. Driving back from the body shop before I even got out of the car it was totaled by a road dazed driver with 1360 miles on it. Some cars are born unlucky.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Racer

There's a lot of hate out there. The trunk of my uncle's Seville got keyed a few years ago in the parking lot of his company (actually, he thinks it was a knife). Someone at his job must have been jealous or maybe had a beef with him.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:13 AM
Banned

I don't understand why would people do such a harsh thing to such a nice car. It really got me wired up . I was so aggravated when I saw the scratch. But yea I feel you guys that got there car keyed. It sucks eh.... Oh well, KARMA's a bitch so that guy will get whats coming to him.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:42 AM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Damn, that's a bad gash. I'm sorry to see that. Karma is a bitch and those responsible will get there's one day. You will probably never see it but it will happen.
Old 11-12-2006, 12:53 AM
Banned

possible to get the address of the this plate 597 9011 Illinois plates it's a hispanic guy that keyed my car ............
Old 11-12-2006, 12:57 AM
Banned

i tried using one of those license plate search but you have to pay....
Old 11-12-2006, 01:02 AM
Advanced

I hate parking at Woodfield mall! When I was younger someone stole my turn signals, JDM emblem, neuspeed plate hole cover and front lip from that parking lot off my Integra. Then last year someone keyed my Audi there. Sorry to hear about your car.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:09 AM
Banned

My car got keyed the other day... from the beginning of the rear door all the way to the bumper in a nice wavy line...
Old 11-12-2006, 03:32 AM
.:KCCO:.

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by CedNBHTL
possible to get the address of the this plate 597 9011 Illinois plates it's a hispanic guy that keyed my car ............
how do you know it was this person? whered you get the info from?

if you dont feel like paying for it, take it to the cops if you have evidence. or take it to your insurance company
Old 11-12-2006, 07:39 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
Better yet, do try to find out where he lives and seek some satisfaction (in the form of revenge) if you're sure you know who it is.
Old 11-12-2006, 08:03 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
I should add that most of us (myself included) would most likely call the police with this information, but all they're going to do is take reports and such. Nothing will come of it. Taking revenge is only a good idea if you are completely certain of who did this. And then there's this. If you do take revenge, things could escalate and the courts will not look with favor upon you.

So bottom line (and this is so unfortunate) is call the police and your insurance company and the bastard who did this gets away scot free.
Old 11-12-2006, 11:28 AM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SouthernBoy
So bottom line (and this is so unfortunate) is call the police and your insurance company and the bastard who did this gets away scot free.
It's true, the cops won't do a damn thing. But if you file a claim against your insurance and then give them the license plate number, you better believe the insurance company will look for that guy because they're out of money and will want to sue him for the damages.

But anyway it does suck and I feel for you. People out there are just jealous and if they aren't willing to work hard and/or go to school to get a good job like I'm sure you did, they will just destroy everyone else's property because they can't have it themselves. It's just pure jealousy. If they can't have it, then they feel like no one else should have it either. It sucks but you just gotta suck it up, pay out of pocket to repair (or take this opportunity to upgrade to CF trunk or go the less expensive route and seal it and put a bra over it). One day in 10 or 20 years that chump will grow up and have enough money of his own to buy a nice car, and they're going to have it parked somewhere and it will get keyed and then he will know what it feels like. But yeah, people suck.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:04 PM
Without a garage

Damn, sounds like you guys need to stay away from that mall! Or drive a beater if you need to go there. Sorry to see that man. It's get me all wired up just looking at it!

I'm a little paranoid that will happen to my ride. I pissed off some thugsta a month or so ago because I forgot to signal turning into my driveway. But he was riding my ass like so many others do on my street. We exchanged words and fingers, but I realize I should have signalled. I was tired and hungover.

My car always stays in the garage when at home, but I have a bad feeling something might happen when I'm at the mall doing my holiday shopping.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:23 PM
5mins2disney.com

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
How do you know that's who did it?

A buddy had a major door dent in his brand new BWM at Woodfield Mall....he sees it was the car parked right next to him, calls the police. The people who's car it was return and deny it...and he gets all mad. They claim it couldn't have been them (there's 4 of them) since the mark is too low where it dented the BMW. He (and the cop) ask them to sit in the car...once the passengers are sitting in the car it lowers some...and their door lines up perfectly with his new dent, voila!! Cop says I'm filing an accident report stating they did it, no problem, he ends up having them / their insurance company pay to get it repaired, justice served to the perpetrator!!
Old 11-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Banned

I was waiting to get my parking spot while the lady backed out of the space. Then next this green Chevy Tahoe with a banner that says high rollers on his winshiled slowly drives by. It was a 3 young hispanic teenagers in the car giving me gestures from the car then flicks me of for no apparent reason. I didn't do anything wrong to this guy. So as he drove by and I looked back to get his liscene plate number. As I come out of the mall I knew it was those hispanic teenagers that did this and there car was parked 10 cars down. But what can I do. Anyways, I am sure they scratched my car. If only I moved my car after to a safer spot after seeing those guys. DAMN IT.. oh well... I got the address of those guys from my Cousin who's a Chicago Detective. He ran the plates of the Green Tahoe. The driver of the car has unpaid parking tickets, running through a red light, vandalism, and posession of marijuana was found.
Old 11-13-2006, 08:05 AM
Racer

I would be very careful with this. You've made your intentions public on this forum.

Better course of action would be to have your cousin ask for some help from a local LEO and let them handle is as they see fit.
Old 11-13-2006, 09:37 AM
Instructor

i know that i've posted this in another "i got keyed" thread, but at least it isn't this bad! this happened to the girl in the cube next to me. They did it in the driveway in front of her house overnight...She obviously pissed someone off real bad!

Old 11-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Banned

wow, no that really sucks. Anyways, I talked to my insurance company which I have All-State I wouldn't have to pay anything at all because it was vandalism. If I was in a collision like last year I paid my 250 deductable for my rear end accident. So I'm glad that I don't have to pay out of my own pocket this time to get the car fixed.
Old 12-04-2006, 10:14 PM
Banned

I dropped off my car at Car Collisions body shop here in Schaumburg. Got the car back today and it looks great.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-04-2006, 10:26 PM
iScrape going into

That sucks dude sorry to hear that, That's just so ignorant to do that to someone's car.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:12 AM
Instructor

Glad it worked out for ya.

Looks good as new.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:01 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 90 Likes on 52 Posts
My one month old TL got hit and run this weekend on Harlem Irving Plaza mall. My right rear bumper is scratched to the black plastic. No cracks or anything, just big, deep, ugly scratches.
Old 12-05-2006, 01:17 PM
FIGHTING ILLINI

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I dropped off my car at Car Collisions body shop here in Schaumburg. Got the car back today and it looks great.
Look as good as new...think about it this way...you got rid of all the rock chips you had accumulated thus far
Old 12-05-2006, 03:43 PM
peemp

I have keyed someone's car, a long time ago, because he literally almost ran over my wife - on purpose - to get to a parking spot. He was just an asshole, and came to within inches of hitting her. He used his car to tell me wife to 'get out of my way.' I keyed the shit out of his car.

I'm pretty sure you might have pissed someone off before you got keyed. I always try to be aware of anyone who I might have accidentally pissed off, or just looks suspicious before I park my car. Whenever i do (rarely) come across a situation, I don't park in that spot and make sure to leave and park somewhere else without having been noticed.

Suggestion: If you are in a situation where you might suspect this will happen, and have no choice but to park there, get down from the car, and stay at a place where you can see your car for a few minutes before getting out of your range of sight.

About 4 years ago, I have actually caught a woman who took an umbrella to my car because she believed I stole her parking spot. I recall that I had arrived there first, and as I pulled-in to the spot, she honked her horn, thinking that it was hers. I parked the car, I got down, walked away, but stood in the distance, and sure enough, she took her umbrella and damaged my car with a door ding. I got her busted, and she had to pay up.
Old 12-05-2006, 06:41 PM
Burning Brakes

looks brand new, awesome job. Im going to have to check it out

Do they do custom body work to?
Old 12-05-2006, 08:15 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
How much did that set you back? Looks like spanking new!

Saw octl post a story about keying. I have two of my own. In HS like a dumb young fool I keyed the hell out of a brand new Saturn that belonged to a young teacher. A while later my car was keyed at the mall that I worked at. I'm sure it was because I took up two very narrow spots near the door so even if I did park correctly I'm sure I would've been gotten my door hit. But I like to believe it was Karma.

The other time I keyed away on this green Integra that had a for sale sign. Basically I did it for revenge becaue this same Integra was with a group of young men who stole my aftermarket side markers on my old ride. I left my car in front of the tire shop my friend worked at to grab dinner and when I got back all I had dangling were the connectors. Bastards even took the light bulbs!

To my surprise I saw that same green Integra at the mall and went to town on it and keyed the hell out of it all the way around bumper to bumper. Needless to say the bastard had to probably repaint before selling or sold the Integra as is.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:30 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by octl
I have keyed someone's car, a long time ago, because he literally almost ran over my wife - on purpose - to get to a parking spot. He was just an asshole, and came to within inches of hitting her. He used his car to tell me wife to 'get out of my way.' I keyed the shit out of his car.

I'm pretty sure you might have pissed someone off before you got keyed. I always try to be aware of anyone who I might have accidentally pissed off, or just looks suspicious before I park my car. Whenever i do (rarely) come across a situation, I don't park in that spot and make sure to leave and park somewhere else without having been noticed.

Suggestion: If you are in a situation where you might suspect this will happen, and have no choice but to park there, get down from the car, and stay at a place where you can see your car for a few minutes before getting out of your range of sight.

About 4 years ago, I have actually caught a woman who took an umbrella to my car because she believed I stole her parking spot. I recall that I had arrived there first, and as I pulled-in to the spot, she honked her horn, thinking that it was hers. I parked the car, I got down, walked away, but stood in the distance, and sure enough, she took her umbrella and damaged my car with a door ding. I got her busted, and she had to pay up.
good advice.

We accidently took another person's spot a few years ago (we thought he just stopped to talk to this girl). He drove away after screaming for a few seconds. After he drove out of sight, we decided to find another spot just in case he came back.

Bottom line: don't make enemies in the parking lot, especially if you have a fancy, shiny TL or you may be like this when you see it again.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by shayan
looks brand new, awesome job. Im going to have to check it out

Do they do custom body work to?
Shayan if you looking for a shop that does custom body I would go to M&B Enterprise in Schaumburg it's also near Collision Body Shop.
http://www.mandbenterprise.com/ theres pics of cars that they worked on

Collisions Body Shop works with Insurance companies, so if you have a damaged car I would recommend Collision because they do great work.
Old 12-06-2006, 03:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Shayan if you looking for a shop that does custom body I would go to M&B Enterprise in Schaumburg it's also near Collision Body Shop.
http://www.mandbenterprise.com/ theres pics of cars that they worked on

Collisions Body Shop works with Insurance companies, so if you have a damaged car I would recommend Collision because they do great work.
I was ganna go to Body Werks in skokie, but after the job they did on my brothers car, I began to look for other places. Thanks for lettin me know
Old 12-06-2006, 10:34 AM
Burning Brakes

thats sucks, looks pretty bad too. The least you could do is get some touchup paint and fill it in.
Old 12-06-2006, 11:05 AM
Banned

If some of you guys didn't see my hood is repainted

Quick Reply: Another victim of the car being keyed