3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another one of those dealer rants that you guys love..

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2007, 04:30 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Another one of those dealer rants that you guys love..

Ok so I went in for a free alignment from Acura, because apparently the first two times I went, they didn't fix the problem. You guys might have read that thread I started earlier for that hissing noise, I told them about that. Oh, and I got my oil changed. So I went in the guy's a douche who really doesn't pay attention to my what I'm saying(I was being polite) and kinda just think I'm an idiot.
So I tell him to have those problems check and I asked him if they could also check my brakes because at higher speeds my steering wheel vibrates, he automatically said that my rotors are messed up and it's not covered under the warranty, and threw out a random absurd number. I mean, I would have liked it if they checked, even though that may be the case and I'm pretty sure they have to be resurfaced? I may be wrong though. I asked him if they installed comptech parts there, he said comptech closed down and looked away. I told them that I'm pretty sure they're starting up under new management, but that set aside, do you guys install their parts? He said They closed down a while ago. Kinda pissed me off so I decided to go to the parts section. They guys tells me if I do a comptech springs drop it wont void my warranty and yes they do install them. That's all I wanted to know. Later on I went to ask the price for comptech springs install..he says around the neighborhood of 600 DOLLARS! What the hell? I'm not gonna pay 800 for comptech SPRINGS. I'd rather buy Tein Coils. Waited in the lobby watchiing CNBC Business channel cause apparently Im not supposed to change the channel, and knowing my luck, their internet wasn't working so I couldnt go online on my mac. So I wait for about 2 and a half hours and decide to take a walk outside for a sec and the guy sees me and walks outside and says "Oh you didn't get your car yet?" and he gives me my keys and I ask him whaht the update was.

1)Oil Change-Done
2)Hissing noise-Didn't hear it... And when I asked him its coming from the engine, he just repeated "All we heard was your aftermarket exhaust!" and at that point I want to him because i had silencers on which make it sound like stock.
3)Alignment-Done..I think

Oh and I took her in for this a couple weeks ago..is thiis normal in a TL or is it just mine? Oh and they said the way to fix it is use leather cleaner. and yeah it's basically peeling. That isn't dirt, oh and that's AFTER it was cleaned.

Driver's Seat side bolsters

Driver's Seat bottom

Passenger Seat side bolsters

Idk if you guys can see that like patch of...non leather..no one even sits in my passenger seat that often.

OH but they washed it though!

Even though I specifically told them NOT to. Oh and yeha I took it in with the stockies on
Sorry for the rant guys, I just had to.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:36 PM
REDBULL///AMG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
harrass them...i got my seat replaced. it took two visits them sayin it was normal the first time. but they second time they gavein n replaced them...jus harrass them. be the jerk sometime it pays off
Old 10-10-2007, 04:37 PM
FizzyStatus!

Did yours look like that or better/worse?

I hate looking at the interior now, it looks awful with the seats.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Drifting

Received 212 Likes on 100 Posts
mine are not as bad, but i may try to have them do something about it, especially the driver side.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:34 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Damn, your seats are fucked up! I thought mine were bad....Try cleaning them up with Meguires leather cleaner or something....?

And yeah, I try to avoid going to the dealer as much as possible =)
Old 10-10-2007, 05:41 PM
it's me, Alan Rickman.

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
My driver seat is showing age but im at 47,000 miles so it's pretty normal..
Old 10-10-2007, 06:03 PM
FizzyStatus!

Haha yeah I go to the dealer hoping my problems are gonna be solved but it always ends up in me being dissappointed

Am i supposed to take it back for the seats and get rejected again?

oh and im at 27k miles-06'
The wear has been showing up since like mid to high teens
Old 10-10-2007, 06:35 PM
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The light colors are tough to keep clean...especially with the cheap leather Acura uses. Hey....I'm not blaming Acura 100%....you get what you pay for today. If you had a Bently, or Rolls Royce...I'd expect the leather to last at least 15 years...but not with an Acura. It's a nice car...but it's not perfect..not even close. BTW...the ebony leather wears a lot better just because it doesn't show those crease marks quite as bad...but it's still cheap leather.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:49 PM
FizzyStatus!

Yeah..but I mean Acura is Acura, known to make quality cars

I saw the 08 leather today and it looks alot more durable and nicer
Old 10-10-2007, 07:01 PM
NBP REPRESENT

complain to the dealer...even if its chepa leather...it shoudl withstand at least a year before peeling...

talk o the service manager...ur advisor can only do some much...

if that does nto work..call acura client services 18003822238

just complain and be a dick about it...

i got everything changed in my car, but its also a bad piece...
Old 10-10-2007, 07:10 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
Can you try a different dealer? Your leather looks bad....
Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 PM
FizzyStatus!

Yeah it is pretty bad. I guess I'll try the service manager or client services if anything. Thing about other dealers is that they're an hour and 15 minute drive minimum.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:20 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by ballinfizzle89
Haha yeah I go to the dealer hoping my problems are gonna be solved but it always ends up in me being dissappointed

WTF?????

DAMNNNNNN!!! Your seats do look fucked up! I thought you had an 04 when I looked at them or something. Nah, Fizzle, go get them to change them. Stay on them!! I would be a PITA!! (as if that's possible for me to be right fellas?)
Old 10-10-2007, 07:33 PM
All the world's a stage

WTF. I'd be pissed too. Hope it gets resolved.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:34 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by JetJock
The light colors are tough to keep clean...especially with the cheap leather Acura uses. Hey....I'm not blaming Acura 100%....you get what you pay for today. If you had a Bently, or Rolls Royce...I'd expect the leather to last at least 15 years...but not with an Acura. It's a nice car...but it's not perfect..not even close. BTW...the ebony leather wears a lot better just because it doesn't show those crease marks quite as bad...but it's still cheap leather.
My 2001 Suburban has over 100K and half the kids in the neighborhood carpool with the wife... IE, they climb all over the seats getting in and out - and they've had more barf, poop, and food cleaned off of them than any TL.. Not a one of the leather seats looks remotely like that..
So, that makes Chevy leather better than Acura? Lets be honest, you shouldn't have to compare the Acura to a Bent or Rolls to justify those seats.. Christ! The seats in my dads Subaru with 247K miles look better than those!!

By the way, my 04/parchment look nothing like that either.

I'd be demanding new covers....
Old 10-10-2007, 07:55 PM
Instructor

Sorry for the rant guys, I just had to.
was this at Crown? I've never had them act like that to me, who was your service person? I would agree with you that they aren't that knowledgeable about aftermarket stuff, but they did do the switchblade key mod for me.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Drifting

I've got a real early 3G Acura TL...it had the infamous Butt print thing going with the leather. As they say...the squeaky wheel gets the most grease...I squeaked a LOT...and ended up with new leather on my front seats....bottom and back. They even switched the leather to the new style (05). That required new seat cushions and heaters because of the extra seam in the leather. It pays to be the squeaky wheel..just be nice.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:06 PM
FizzyStatus!

Yep, it was at Crown. I came from Palm Beach Acura, who I didnt like at the time, but grew to realize that they were pretty good compared to Crown. Don't remember the service person's name. How much did that charge you for the switchblade key?

Yeah man I was real nice, always am, I think thats working against me though
Old 10-10-2007, 08:45 PM
Pro

^^^

This shouldn't matter...but I see you're 18 years old. I've come to observe, be it at the dealership or any other customer service related situation, younger people aren't always treated the same as an adult. Keep in mind, I'm not saying always, but I am saying often. Can your Dad or Mom take it in for you sometime?

I know it shouldn't come down to this, but I remember last year when I had my 97 CL - I had such a difficult time, they had the car over a month! A month! No matter what the mechanical problem, I thought this was unacceptable. To further my frustration, they gave me a loaner (they offered an MDX at first, declined b/c I didn't need it), then I wanted it and they tried to give me a TSX (comprable to a CL, yes). BUT, I was interested in purchasing a TL, so they gave me one as a loaner. 2 days later - the svc guy made me return it.

I wrote a letter to Acura Client Services and explained that although both Acura & Lexus by me are owned by McGrath, due to this experience I am leaning towards the Lexus (ES350) and even though the dealer might not care, I'm sure Acura Corp does. They called me immediately and asked what they needed to do to make it right. I said, they needed to pay my out of pocket rental expenses and fix the wheel they scratched (not to mention they backed over a curb and busted off the side skirt and it went to a body shop). They agreed and said to just bring the bill in to the service manager and it would be paid.

They (Acura Client Services) will help you out if you can't get any further with the dealership.

Hope this helps....P.S. I bought the new TL over the Lexus :thumpsub: I couldn't justify the extra $4k to make it comprable - plus I like the styling on the TL better
Old 10-10-2007, 09:14 PM
FizzyStatus!

Haha wow...and I thought I had it bad
You know, you're really correct in saying it does matter what age you are. I feel like I get treated like shit, and it sucks!
If it comes down to it, I'll have to contact Acura Client Services. Thanks man!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:38 PM
Pro

Haha wow...and I thought I had it bad
You know, you're really correct in saying it does matter what age you are. I feel like I get treated like shit, and it sucks!
If it comes down to it, I'll have to contact Acura Client Services. Thanks man!
Not a problem - good luck. Unfortunately, age does make a difference. It sucks for the poeople like you, who are polite and courteous, to have others ruin it for them.

Acura Client Services will help you out if all else fails. Oh and when I wrote my letter, I sent a copy to the service guy on my car, the service manager and the general manager - so that they would all know I was getting Acura CS involved.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:55 PM
Banned

Man I get treated like shit im 17.. I got 300 dollar tints from the dealer because I wanted actual quality I could have easily went and gotten 150 dollar ones from local tint shops.. I live in burbank and my dealer is in calabasas (30 - 40 min drive).. I get moisture on all my windows in and out...

I take it to tint shop they say its normal pisses me off I call the dealer guy tells me to come by anyday.. I come saturday they say you have to come on a weekday.. Im like wtf I can't I don't have time.. School to 5:30 monday - thursday... Service closes at 6..

300 fucking dollar tints and the fucking stripping comes off too.. WTF my cousin got a KBP with 150 dollar tints no fucking problems whatsoever ... This is bullshit... my tints are now scratched up because of the felt that keeps comming off and I am pissed.

Should I call acura services? I had a appointment on monday but I couldn't go because of school. Its senior year and I can't even get a rental.. Im not 18... This is just fucking annoying and they treat me like shit like no urgency whatsoever..

edit: btw i have realized that if you are polite and courteous and treat them like your friend in a way they fuck you even more because they think you won't complain and bitch.. They take kindness for a weakness.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:57 PM
FizzyStatus!

I feel ya mayne and rental is age 23 I think or 25

I guess we should get in with Acura Services
Old 10-10-2007, 10:03 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts

26K Miles? Get on the dealer's case. If that doesn't work, call Acura Customer Service and if you encounter any resistance, get on their case .

I had my front seats replaced at about 11,000 miles for butt prints and minor melting spots, yet my sidebolsters weren't as bad as yours. Fortunately, the 'General of Acura Northeast, Zone 5' happened to be visiting the dealer that morning, the day of my 9th service dept. visit for roof rattles.

Do a forum search. You'll find posts by others who've had their leather replaced. Print them and take the printouts to your dealer.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:03 PM
Banned

I know ballin fuck man this is pathetic tho.. If you read my big window thread i just posted most of what i posted in here..

I had felt stripping hanging out for two weeks and THEY KNEW THIS. Yet it took them 2 weeks to let them look at it. Moisture problem could wait it is still dry here... But cmon a 20 min MAX felt job taking two weeks...

I ended up going to another tint shop and having them replace the felt and clear the glue off the window.. for 25 bucks should I tell them this or will this mess up my warranty.

I hate acura dealers they are just bitches..
Old 10-10-2007, 10:04 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DMZ
26K Miles? Get on the dealer's case. If that doesn't work, call Acura Customer Service and if you encounter any resistance, get on their case .

I had my front seats replaced at about 11,000 miles for butt prints and minor melting spots, yet my sidebolsters weren't as bad as yours. Fortunately, the 'General of Acura Northeast, Zone 5' happened to be visiting the dealer that morning, the day of my 9th service dept. visit for roof rattles.

Do a forum search. You'll find posts by others who've had their leather replaced. Print them and take the printouts to your dealer.

That might work or the fucking service manager or whoever might just be another bitch and make some bullshit up on why they can't do it that doesn't even make sense
Old 10-10-2007, 10:19 PM
FizzyStatus!

Yeah see I only want to turn to Client Services as the last resort, because besides that, there's nothing really I can do. The Service manager actually did check out my car, and he's the one the rejected my claim.
Old 10-10-2007, 10:23 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
Incosistent Customer Service/Customer Treatment in the Acura dealer network is, IMHO, much more damaging to the brand and customer loyalty than mechanical problems.

Mechanical problems you expect a few (hopefully minor) and for the most part, they can be fixed. Being treated like crap even one time is never expected and is much more difficult to fix.
Old 10-11-2007, 02:57 AM
vbx
Instructor

Received 32 Likes on 24 Posts
26k miles is nothing.

The G35 tires last 12-14k... Supposedly, this is normal for a "sports" car..

And a vibrating steering wheel at high speed usually means:
1) wheels needs to be balanced or you have "bent wheels"
2) bad alignment
3) uneven tread wear

If your steering wheel vibrates when braking, then its the rotors.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:41 AM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Originally Posted by vbx
26k miles is nothing.

The G35 tires last 12-14k... Supposedly, this is normal for a "sports" car..

And a vibrating steering wheel at high speed usually means:
1) wheels needs to be balanced or you have "bent wheels"
2) bad alignment
3) uneven tread wear

I definitely agree about the rotors, but the seats are another story. You are probably not going to get a satisfactory result unless you keep pursuing it. In other words, keep staying in their face about it until they give in and fix it. Good luck Fizzle!
Old 10-11-2007, 01:25 PM
FizzyStatus!

Yeah, I know it's the rotors, but at Palm Beach Acura they always did something to fix it. These guys kinda just brushed it off

I'll go back in and see what i can get done haha
Old 10-11-2007, 02:13 PM
Instructor

Yep, it was at Crown. I came from Palm Beach Acura, who I didnt like at the time, but grew to realize that they were pretty good compared to Crown. Don't remember the service person's name. How much did that charge you for the switchblade key?

Yeah man I was real nice, always am, I think thats working against me though
They charged me like 30 to cut and program the key (I got the key from ebay for about 30). The one problem they encountered was the switchblade key didn't fit in their key copying machine so they had to stamp it according to the vin.

Most of the people there know me because I bring my mom's car in as well and my car is like our fifth acura from them. I've gotten to know some of the techs there so I can always just go talk to them in the back if need be. I am kind of firm when I talk to them.
Old 10-11-2007, 03:05 PM
Racer

I would like to suggest that you always go to the dealer...even if you hate it, or you are not satisfied with their work.
The paper trail that is generated by visiting the dealer will help your situation later on if you need to contact CS or start up a lawsuit.

Just as a side note, my 2000 Accord's leather looks as good as new after 182,000 miles.

Edited: Are we sure our seats are leather? I would have sworn the window sticker on my 07 sais "leather trimmed seats"
Old 10-11-2007, 03:20 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by scv76_
Just as a side note, my 2000 Accord's leather looks as good as new after 182,000 miles.
Sat in an '08 Accord last week. I found the quality of the leather superior to the TL.
Old 10-11-2007, 04:31 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by scv76_
I would like to suggest that you always go to the dealer...even if you hate it, or you are not satisfied with their work.
The paper trail that is generated by visiting the dealer will help your situation later on if you need to contact CS or start up a lawsuit.

Edited: Are we sure our seats are leather? I would have sworn the window sticker on my 07 sais "leather trimmed seats"

Most are only leather "seating surfaces", as in only the parts your body comes in contact with. Not the entire seat
Old 10-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Drifting

Keep getting in their face...nicely. Your leather looks horrible....anyone can see that. You've got pictures...call Acura Customer Service...ask for a supervisor...then Email him those pictures and ask him to tell you if that's normal wear and tear. I can see some blue stains on the pictures...possibly from wearing blue jeans...but those creases are totally worn out....piss poor quality leather. Don't give up. Hang in there.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:37 PM
FizzyStatus!

UPDATE

You guys were right

Gotta love Acura Corporate. Ok so I sent a letter with a couple pictures and explaining my situation. I got a call back within a week saying they're sorry for my experience and they'll get back to me when they contact Crown Acura. So anyways, I go in later to get a couple rattles checked out and without me asking, she told me that they will check the leather out.

I wait for like 2 hours and my name gets called up, she tells me that the leather on my driver and passenger seat will be changed, front driver speaker, and subwoofer will be changed out as well, all under warranty.
Old 11-11-2007, 04:44 PM
Banned

the power of Acura beating Acura. Congrats, and, we told ya
Old 11-11-2007, 05:00 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Originally Posted by vbx
And warped rotors typically come from improperly tightened lug nuts and/or insane driving.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:04 PM
FizzyStatus!

hmmm dont think my lug nuts are iproperly tightened

and last time, and the only time I remember doing insane driving was Skyline Drive which was after

I guess Ill upgrade the whole brakes..new hawk pads and rotora slotted/drilled rotors?