Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another great Acura short...

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2005, 12:48 AM
Team Anthracite Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another great Acura short...

So I'm doing 83 in a 65 today when a cycle cop pulls me over on the way to work. I give him the info and he then asks me if I have an 05. Immediately, I'm thinking wow the car might just get me out of this one.

I say yes and he asks me, " Well why does your inspection sticker say it expired in 03?"

Sure enough, the dealer flip-flopped the 7 and the 3 on the sticker, after they had the car prepped for two days! The officer told me he's never seen that happen but of course it would happen to me.

The only reason Acura isn't paying for this mess is because the cop voided the ticket due to my occupation (Homeland Security Inspector). The best part of all of this is when the cop said, "Why didn't you tell me this earlier?

I said, "Oh shit!", "Am I supposed to tell you in the beginning", he just chuckles, and says, "do you plan on speeding again?"

I took the hint. (BTW...I do plan on speeding again)

Then he tells me,"get to work, I'll void the ticket, and tell Acura they owe you a new sticker." .

I was a good start to the day until I had to make the 20 mile drive to the dealer in rush hour traffic. I just hope small things like this don't get the best of anyone else in here.
Old 06-18-2005, 05:52 PM
User Awaiting Email Confirmation

I have heard that the best thing to get out of speeding tickets is a police ID.

A friend of my son was a policeman down south. He would drive back north to visit relatives and friends. He did more than push the speed limit. No tickets.
Old 06-18-2005, 06:27 PM
Instructor

Well I talk with alot of cops where I work ( major airport ) and they say forget police ID's and explaining who you work for...they just enter the plates of all their families, friends, you name it...into this "special software computer" at their police station and when any city or highway officer in the U.S. runs your plates...on their terninal inside the patrol car it simply states something similar to this: CHP...LAPD....etc...and nothing else! How cool is that! Just when they thought they had a "commoner" bam!. I had an officer add that to an old civic I had. The majority of the time when I was stopped for speeding they would just say something like..."you know someone in the force"...im like....yep! End of traffic stop...lol. One time CHP was pulling me over with its lights on...and even before I had a chance to change lanes he turned the lights off because he problaby ran my plates which said...Glendale Police Dept....unfortunatley I sold the Civic and that officer transfered who knows where so im out of look trying to add that to my TL...hmmmm come to think about it....I have his old bussiness card...maybe that could come in handy sometime because its just a matter of time untill good ol' radar catches me due to these 35mph city streets all around me.
Old 06-18-2005, 07:07 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Since we are unable to move threads to other forums, this thread is being closed and may be reposted in the Ramblings forum, if you wish.