Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another G35 is killed by 04TL 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2007, 11:38 PM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Another G35 is killed by 04TL 6MT

Another black G35 with black tint is killed by me on street (see map)

we are start from stop light, and i kill him right away then when he was close to me i put 3 and fly away to 6 and same repeats 3 times, till he give up.
so another for TL

P.S. He should see my plates.
Old 04-14-2007, 11:49 PM
TL SL ML :)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice kill...was it manual ? sedan?
Old 04-14-2007, 11:52 PM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Originally Posted by blazinginder
Nice kill...was it manual ? sedan?
4 door and i guess AT
Old 04-14-2007, 11:55 PM
Advanced

That G35 is what you call ROAD KILL!!!!! LOL
Old 04-15-2007, 12:07 AM
07 TL-S

nice I was actually on that road tonight with a friend.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:16 AM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Originally Posted by groovyone789
nice I was actually on that road tonight with a friend.
I did it with my family at 4:15- 4:30pm

Originally Posted by White Lightening
That G35 is what you call ROAD KILL!!!!! LOL

It was one of ...... check my posts
Old 04-15-2007, 12:45 AM
THE PLANE TAKES OFF!!!!!

These aren't racecars... but whatever makes you feel better about your purchase, I guess.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:04 AM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

Originally Posted by Converted

These aren't racecars... but whatever makes you feel better about your purchase, I guess.

I like this sh%$#t . I did it on all my cars. & G35 try hard, ones i hit red line on 3rd.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:15 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 30 Likes on 22 Posts
Old 04-15-2007, 09:39 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by A-TLvic882
I like this sh%$#t . I did it on all my cars. & G35 try hard, ones i hit red line on 3rd.
uggg....... red line on 3rd, that's a leathal weapon. That's gonna wipe the G35 off the floor. I know how fast the 6MT TL goes. I have done it and is sick fast..

My azz is so itching right now I want to beat G35 drivers... they just don't try to race me whenever they see my black TL dangggggggg it......

You should have your plate number changed to: "TL > G35" LOL! btw, nice kill you did there... How fast did you get upto when you beat him?

Oh btw, according to Dave_B the Auto tranny G35 cars do just as good as their MT version. So even if it was the 6MT you could still beat it.
Old 04-15-2007, 11:02 AM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Received 835 Likes on 519 Posts
Originally Posted by meowCat
uggg....... red line on 3rd, that's a leathal weapon. That's gonna wipe the G35 off the floor. I know how fast the 6MT TL goes. I have done it and is sick fast..

My azz is so itching right now I want to beat G35 drivers... they just don't try to race me whenever they see my black TL dangggggggg it......

You should have your plate number changed to: "TL > G35" LOL! btw, nice kill you did there... How fast did you get upto when you beat him?

Oh btw, according to Dave_B the Auto tranny G35 cars do just as good as their MT version. So even if it was the 6MT you could still beat it.
lol! watch what you are saying meowcat! You will get flamed!
Old 04-15-2007, 11:45 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
Yeah, another worthless street kill!!!! When are you guys going to grow up and take all your racing to the track and face the realty of the timers?
Old 04-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Drifting

are you 43 years of age really? your grammar doesn't sound like it though. anyways, nice kill.
Old 04-15-2007, 12:52 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Dave_B
Yeah, another worthless street kill!!!! When are you guys going to grow up and take all your racing to the track and face the realty of the timers?
When we get RWD/AWD and can get out of the box worth a shit.
Old 04-15-2007, 01:00 PM

Received 3,489 Likes on 2,089 Posts
Originally Posted by A-TLvic882
I did it with my family at 4:15- 4:30pm

It was one of ...... check my posts

Aren't you a cool guy, racing with your family in the car. You should be ashamed of yourself, especially if you had your kid in the car. And even if it was just your cousins or brother it doesn't matter, racing with other people in your car against strangers is dangerous.

Also, 6MT G35s are lighter and have 18 more horsepower than the 5AT version. Hell, if it was the coupe I would have pulled the
Old 04-15-2007, 01:09 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by '03TL-S
are you 43 years of age really? your grammar doesn't sound like it though. anyways, nice kill.
What's wrong with that?

nothing.

That is because he drives with passion. You don't have to be young age to drive fast. I actually like him..... he is kool.

I have seen a 70+ year old Grandpa driving like a freakin racer. So I respect him.

One thing though, I'd agree with racing with someone when no one else is in the car. They add more weight to the car and seriously affects acceleration and cornering performance....
Old 04-15-2007, 01:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by iforyou
lol! watch what you are saying meowcat! You will get flamed!
lol yea i know... If that happens I'll just accept.... I can't always say something offensive and get away with it...

I think Dave_B understands me that I'm playing around too.... ha ha... it's so much fun playing.
Old 04-15-2007, 02:25 PM
04 A-TL 6MT SSM/E N/Navi

What's wrong with that?

nothing.

That is because he drives with passion. You don't have to be young age to drive fast. I actually like him..... he is kool.

I have seen a 70+ year old Grandpa driving like a freakin racer. So I respect him.

One thing though, I'd agree with racing with someone when no one else is in the car. They add more weight to the car and seriously affects acceleration and cornering performance....

I was looking on tachometer & when I checked speed it's 100 -110

Originally Posted by '03TL-S
I'm came from Ukraine 14 years ego, so English my 2-3-4 languish. I can perfectly write on Russian, but not here - you can't get a word. So another apology for my English.

Originally Posted by I Go To Costco
Aren't you a cool guy, racing with your family in the car. You should be ashamed of yourself, especially if you had your kid in the car. And even if it was just your cousins or brother it doesn't matter, racing with other people in your car against strangers is dangerous.

Also, 6MT G35s are lighter and have 18 more horsepower than the 5AT version. Hell, if it was the coupe I would have pulled the

I can translate couple words from Russian for you ---

--Which one RUSSIAN does not like fast driving--. Any of yours russian friend can confirm this words.
And get 6MT if you want a drive.
Old 04-15-2007, 04:28 PM
Drifting

[QUOTE=A-TLvic882]
I'm came from Ukraine 14 years ego, so English my 2-3-4 languish. I can perfectly write on Russian, but not here - you can't get a word. So another apology for my English.

i was talking about this and not about he's that old and racing. thank you for understanding what i meant.
Old 04-15-2007, 07:10 PM
Burning Brakes

My head hurts.

1) Racing with "family" in the car
2) Racing at 110mph on a public road and 430pm in the heart of Chicago
3) A 43 y/o pulling such a stunt
4) Certain people high fiving the racer for the stunt, but then saying they shouldn't race with passengers because it slows the car down
Old 04-15-2007, 07:59 PM
Racer

Just for the record. The stretch of road he is talking about is in a northern suburb of Chicago, and is RARELY packed. He's at least 20 minutes from Downtown, with no traffic, traveling at 85 mph and actually being on the highway.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:37 PM
Banned

My head hurts.

4) Certain people high fiving the racer for the stunt, but then saying they shouldn't race with passengers because it slows the car down
lol!!! would you like some Advil or Motrin? 2 capsules of Motrin works for me!

Let me review your list....

- I kinda agree with the #1.
- 110 mph on a public road is nothing special. Some people go higher. Of course, do it at your own risk and when there's minimal number of cars. Bascially use your own judgement/common sense.
- As for the #3, that is completely fine. I want to encourage older people to do so. I want to see an 80 year old Grandpa doing it. I think it's great.

- As for the #4, LOL! You made my day ha ha ha ha ha ha. Oh I love it...... The weight is critical!!!! More weight = Bad I would not race if I have more than one person, the driver, me. Not only will it hurt the acceleration but the cornering will be affected severely!! More weight = More momentum. This will also put more strain on my tires and my engine! I actually don't have to say this because you already know.
Old 04-15-2007, 08:43 PM
Banned

My head hurts.
2 capsules of Motrin works for me!!

1) Certain people high fiving the racer for the stunt, but then saying they shouldn't race with passengers because it slows the car down
LOL

You made my day!

Old 04-15-2007, 09:35 PM
Intermediate

This thread is retarded.... and yet I wasted my time posting in it.
Old 04-15-2007, 09:39 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Originally Posted by Hooligan317
This thread is retarded.... and yet I wasted my time posting in it.
I like that TL in your display picture.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:49 AM
Instructor

I know that area and I've passed tons of cops hiding on that stretch of road. You guys must have been lucky.
Old 04-16-2007, 07:45 PM
07 TL-S

My head hurts.

Yeah.... nowhere near the heart of Chicago. Its also a pretty empty and wide road.

If he won with family in his car= more weight= even better accomplishment that he beat a G35.

And I wonder why you're giving him shit.... you have a G35 and can't stand it being beat by TL. And then you go on to pick on the the rest of the TL drivers? I've read your other posts, all you're doing is promoting the G35 or bashing/diminishing the TL and its accomplishments. Look at your first post....
No offense to you TL guys at all, but it sure sounds like you guys are racing some slow G35s. I'm surprised to hear of so many auto TLs walking G35s because from what I gather on this site, most 3g TL auto are lucky to break into the 14s.
So, "no offense" but you're the one who needs to grow up.

And before anyone else says it, I did just tell someone who is almost twice my age to grow up.

I don't mean to be rude but you're telling people like him to grow up while you aren't acting mature at the same time. People don't buy cars like these to win on the track, they do it to win on the street. If you want to win at a track, get a race car. And the TL-S did beat the G35 by 2 seconds on a track....

A-TLvic882, nice kill against the G35, hopefully I'll see you around sometime.

P.S. I was on that road at like 9 that night. And so you guys know, he did it far enough south that cops aren't too much of a problem. It's up near Ernie's (Lincolnshire), and Vernon Hills that you have to be really worried.
Old 04-16-2007, 08:31 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Oh I envy your transmission, lol.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:35 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by groovyone789
And I wonder why you're giving him shit.... you have a G35 and can't stand it being beat by TL. And then you go on to pick on the the rest of the TL drivers? I've read your other posts, all you're doing is promoting the G35 or bashing/diminishing the TL and its accomplishments. Look at your first post....

So, "no offense" but you're the one who needs to grow up.

And before anyone else says it, I did just tell someone who is almost twice my age to grow up.

I don't mean to be rude but you're telling people like him to grow up while you aren't acting mature at the same time. People don't buy cars like these to win on the track, they do it to win on the street. If you want to win at a track, get a race car. And the TL-S did beat the G35 by 2 seconds on a track....

Sorry to offend you and I'm far from a G35 nutswinger and you can save me the "grow up" speech. I have plenty of respect for the TL. It's not my cup of tea for the price, but it's got great style, inside, and out. If it was RWD, I'd probably be more interested.

The facts are the facts. On a legit 1/4 mile strip, driver to driver, the TL 5AT will get rocked by a G35 5AT. Take a gander through this particular forum and you'll see that 3rd gen TL 5ATs are upper 14 second/low 15 second at 91-93mph rides. A G35 5AT is consistently in the mid 14s. Unlike the 5AT in the TL, G35 5AT has very deep gearing (5th gear at 80mph = 3000rpms), a 3000rpm stall converter, about 20wtq more than the TL, and rwd. All this comes into play in making a quicker car. When it comes to a 5AT G35 vs a 6MT TL, I wouldn't be shaking in my boots in slightest. This isn't trash talk either. I just know that most everyone driving a manual, especially a higher power FWD car, is not going to be very quick. There's lots of room for error and that can be said for G35 drivers and anyone else. I've also seen the 1/4 mile times posted on this site and what TLs do at my track. I'm not worried.

I'm not here to bash the TL in any sort of way, shape, or form. The reason you and so many have problems with it is because I'm an outsider that's not supporting the claims posted on this site. The fact that I have a G35 makes me an easy target. I don't doubt for a second the street kills in this forum, but I do doubt the legitimacy of the claims that the TL is a quicker car than G35, tranny to tranny. The data doesn't support the claims and I've seen the truth on the strip. Drivers and reaction times are what's making the difference. I've beaten plenty of LS1/LT1 F-Bodies, 99+ Mustang GTs, modded SRT4s, modded WRXs, and other quicker cars on the strip only because I was the better driver or put the traction to the pavement. I'll never fool myself into believing my car is quicker than it really is, a relatively unimpressive low 14-second ride.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:45 PM
07 TL-S

Ok, thanks for clearing the air. I guess I kind of got the wrong impression of you from your other posts. Sorry if I offended you in any way or came off rude in my post. And I have respect for your explanation. It's nice to have an outsider give his perspective as long as it wasn't intended to "put-down" the TL owners.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:48 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

I still don't get it, after showing you timeslips and websites and whatsoever, you are still thining that the TL 5AT is slower...It seems like you have ignored (constantly) what others have said before. I don't call that respect man. Again, the 2nd gen TL is the one doing low 15's in the 1/4 mile.

By saying that a high power FWD car is not going to be very quick, it just proves that you are being disrespectful, or ignorant. Just remember, like we've talked about in other threads, the TL-S has beaten teh G35 by whopping 2 seconds on a track. Sure one track is not enough to prove everything, but at least it gives us a general idea of what the TL is capable of. The bottome line is, if you call that "not very quick," then what would you describe the G35 with? And please, no more RWD gives better feel or that kind of comment, we heard enough of that already.

I just don't see why I should trust the times by typical weekend drag racers instead of the times from a professional race car driver (yes, I am talking about Keiichi Tsuchiya).

Let me make this clear again, the G35 is a fast car, and we all know that fact. But we have also proven by showing timeslips, magazine numbers, websites, that the TL is as fast as the G35, tranny vs tranny, on the straight.
Old 04-16-2007, 09:55 PM
Race Director

Has to be either a 2003-2004 G35 with 260hp because the 2005-2006 G35's had 280hp.

Sorry to tell you, but a 2005-2006 G35 6MT RWD can beat a 2004 TL 6MT FWD. And the new 2007 G35 can cakewalk on a TL and a TL-S.

Btw, 294 sucks because its always traffic there even when there isn't any construction.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:08 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

Well, like Dave B said, anything can happen on the street right? That's why he has been a big fan of timeslips. But I say I'd rather look at numbers from professional race car drivers. lol!
Old 04-16-2007, 10:22 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 04EuroAccordTsx
Sorry to tell you, but I've been smoking. And the new 2007 G35 can cakewalk on a TL and a TL-S.
yea you have better be sorry. you might want to watch your mouth about cake walking the TL-S. You can't just go by the horsepower and torque. They don't tell you everything. You should have better sense than that. This guy's post is even worse than Dave_B.

Heck... I wouldn't be surprised if the Standard TL 6MT will beat the "07" G35 Sedan 6MT in the track. Stupid drag racing is boring... Taking off from and going straight and slam on the brake. So boring so boring...
Old 04-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Race Director

yea you have better be sorry. you might want to watch your mouth about cake walking the TL-S. You can't just go by the horsepower and torque. They don't tell you everything. You should have better sense than that.

Heck... I wouldn't be surprised if the Standard TL 6MT will beat the "07" G35 Sedan 6MT in the track. Stupid drag racing is boring... Taking off from and going straight and slam on the brake. So boring so boring...
You're the one has been smoking because you're an idiot

FWD < RWD. 306 hp vs 258 and 286hp, you're not 30 yrs old more you're more like you're 3 yrs old.

You just want to feel like your car purchase is justified because you just can't admit a BMW 335i, G35, and a Lexus IS350 can all be your sorry ass 258 6mt TL FWD.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Banned

you don't sound like 27 year old yourself, either.

At least I don't say things that are way out of line but you did there. Why don't ya go check out the track times in the real race tracks? This guy hasn't been reading lately. You saying things completely backward which is why I was saying you are smoking wheat... Like... retarded.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:48 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts
You're the one has been smoking because you're an idiot

FWD < RWD. 306 hp vs 258 and 286hp, you're not 30 yrs old more you're more like you're 3 yrs old.

You just want to feel like your car purchase is justified because you just can't admit a BMW 335i, G35, and a Lexus IS350 can all be your sorry ass 258 6mt TL FWD.
Old 04-16-2007, 10:58 PM
You'll Never Walk Alone

hey guys, chillax. Yea, 335i, 07 G35, IS350 will beat a TL 6MT in a drag race, and they will most likely beat the TL-S too from a dig. From a roll I would think it's closer. But Meowcat is right for the fact that cornering ability is important too, and the TL-S proves that it can be a great track car. You can't go wrong with any of these 4 cars, really.

335i, benchmark of these cars, but also the most $$

G35, closest to the 335i in terms of....everything except for price and image

IS350, classy and pricey but it has quality and it's damn fast too.

TL-S, FWD and it's still one of the fastest on a track, quality is good too and not too $$.

So yea, all of these cars are good...chillax...chilax guys..
Old 04-17-2007, 01:18 AM
Burning Brakes

Has to be either a 2003-2004 G35 with 260hp because the 2005-2006 G35's had 280hp.
FYI, the 03/04 "260hp" G35 sedans actually make closer to 280hp. There is no difference on dyno between the 03/04 260hp G35 and the 280hp 05/06 G35. The 298hp 05/06 6MT G35s are really no faster in the 1/4 mile than the 260hp 03/04 6MTs either because Nissan traded low to mid range torque for higher rpm power. As we all know HP sells cars and on paper the 298hp 6MT looks quicker, but on the strip, it's actually a little slower to 70mph and has better acceleration from 70mph+.
Old 04-17-2007, 01:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by iforyou
I still don't get it, after showing you timeslips and websites and whatsoever, you are still thining that the TL 5AT is slower...It seems like you have ignored (constantly) what others have said before. I don't call that respect man. Again, the 2nd gen TL is the one doing low 15's in the 1/4 mile.
Do you think I'm making this up? See this link, there are two 5AT 3rd gen TLs posting mid 15 to high 15s at 89-91mph and no one seems real surprised.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=mile

Here's another one. Stock 5AT 05 TL runs mid 15s stock and then 14.5s to high 14s with mods and stellar weather.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...highlight=mile

Quick Reply: Another G35 is killed by 04TL 6MT