Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Am I the Only One

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2005, 11:36 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Am I the Only One

Granted I have only posted here for less than a week, but it concerns me that there seem's to be more gripes than cudos for the 3GTL.
I took delivery in late Nov, and yes I had a problem, but it was resolved within a few day's.
My wife and I have owned Honda's for several years now, and NEVER had ANY PROBLEMS. As with all car's reqular maintainance goes a long way.
I LOVE MY TL, and have not had ANY rattles, creaks, groans, sub-par build quality that most of the post that I have seen !.
Anywho, I sure would like to see a better response from all of you 3GTL owners.
I work at new car dealers (25years+ in this field), and have seen and driven almost every car that there is to buy.
I don't want to belittle other car makers but,
1. Toyota's ARE NOT FUN TO DRIVE PERIOD !,
2. Nissans build quality, fit & finish, interior switches, plastic,carpet everything SUCK and look like they were purchased from Kia !.
3. VW/Audi have extremely poor everthing quality.
4. American big three, let's not even go there, been there, done that, they suck almost worst than VW/Audi.
signed a LOYAL Acura owner
Old 02-05-2005, 11:46 PM
Gratis dictum

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I think you have to keep in mind that this is largely a problem solving board, so many are seeking advice on issues both small and large. I have had my TL for 4000 miles now with absolutely no issues with the car. The car is quiet, powerful, and luxurious and fun to drive. Just enjoy the car. You probably earned it. Cheers.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:49 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
I hear you loud & clear. Got mine about same time as you. Almost 4K miles and nothing to complain about period. I think most early production products have start-up problems.

I bet I'll get flamed but I think a bunch of young folks got the car last year and expect absolute perfection. That combined with start-up concerns and some bad dealers = lots of negative conversation. But then, I've had no proplems.

We got our first new Honda in 1978 and I have had many since. Overall, dealing with Honda/Acura has been better than all the others for me.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Banned

Like someone said, the board is more of a problem-solving thing. Threads that go, "I haven't had any problems" aren't going to get a lot of posts.
Old 02-05-2005, 11:52 PM
Intermediate

Thanks Repecat: I just need to vent, I guess that it seemed to me that htis a a pissing board, more than a cudo board.
kjsand
Old 02-05-2005, 11:56 PM
Intermediate

TLover: wasn't looking for alot of post, just wanted to post MY frustration.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:19 AM
Intermediate

Thanks MR!: I appreciate your post.
kjsand
Old 02-06-2005, 12:21 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I first noticed the board I saw the same pattern. It makes sence that most people would look for answers to their problems, where is if they had the car and were perfectly happy with it they would pretty much leave it at that.