Sponsored by:

almost died today because of collision center

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 06:18 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
almost died today because of collision center

in august, i got back from iraq.
in august, i bought myself a 2007 base TL.
in september, a dick wad hit me at 65mph. i almost died, and it turns out there was $19K damage to the front of my TL. insurance, state farm, wouldnt total it unless it was $22K.

the car was sent to a HORRIBLE collision center, Vandergriff collision center South in Arlington, TX. since then it has been a nightmare. they took 4 fucking motnhs to get that shit ready for me, after "promising me" 4 different times that it would be done, after "accidentally" ordering the wrong parts, after "damaging" the vehicle in shop while getting it off of a lift (causing it to be in the shop longer). it was stressful, angering, but i kept my cool, after all they have my baby in their hands.

finally yesterday, they call me and tell me my car is "done". i was so fed up with getting fucked by them so i had 2 of my own statefarm collision estimators go out with me, they prechecked/drove first "ok'd" it to me and then i drove and checked. they still fucked some things up like paint, but they got it back to me eventually that night 20 minutes after closing. even then it was hell... the lady that was working there, was so angry that i held her overtime, that she gave me so much attitude whiel checking me out, wouldnt explain the warranty when she checked me out, nothing. after 4 months... i finally got my car, and it looked goood.....it drove smoothly.

WELL!!!! yesterday, exactly 24 hours later, as im driving down the highway, going no more that 70mph, as to "break in the new parts of the engine"... the car fucks up. as im goign about 65mph the car engine shuts down, the steering wheel doesnt turn, the brakes went out, smoke instantly filled up the cabin, the windows wouldnt go down... and i was forced to pull on the ebrake, slam on the brakes, and try to turn the wheel mid-highway, not knowing if there were other cars around or not.

i get out after almost getting hit and killed by two truck... i notice smoke coming out of the exhaust (white smoke)... i pop the hood and smoke engulfs me fromt he back of the engine...

any suggestions as to what is wrong?
ive had my car in my hands a total of 13 days now....

should i sue the shit out of them? should i try to get a new car? yes!!!!

im sorry guys, but the only car i will consider settling for is a 2008 TL-S. if i dont get that.. im done with Acura. not that there's anything wrong with it. i love the cars. but fuck me if i ever want to go through another acura repair period. parts take too long, too much technology.... bblah....
Old 01-27-2008, 07:19 AM
94 DC4 RS LSV/Turbo

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
you said it, your car was in the hands of the worst people it could've been, I got hit in the rear cost 10k to fix, and the shop had it for almost a month, the parts don't take long to arrive at all, all the shop has to do is call the dealer, parts come in at most in 3 weeks... you got bs'd and they did crappy repairs, I can tell you this much if the motor blew, it is totalled now, I would've asked the adjuster to take a deeper look, because if your front had 19k in damage I could imagine it was pretty bad, post pics

ps. I definitely think the motor blew
Old 01-27-2008, 07:35 AM
Registered Member

Received 162 Likes on 102 Posts
White smoke generally indicates coolant. What you have described could have been caused by a massive coolant intrusion into the engine or such. Maybe this time State Farm (my insurer as well) will total the car and do right by you.

BTW, thank you for your service to our country and welcome back home. I'm glad you made it through Iraq and your car accidents in one piece. Hope it all works our in your favor.
Old 01-27-2008, 01:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,211 Posts
Since you started the same thread yesterday, I am closing this one.

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=173476

Good luck w/ your vehicle.