Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air cond question

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2005, 04:19 PM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Air cond question

Is there any way to make the fan come on at high speed when you use the "auto" function of the a/c? When I get in my car and it's 90+ outside and hit the auto button,the fan is on the second slowest speed and I manually turn it up to the max. Any thoughts? TIA
Old 08-09-2005, 04:31 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
It depends on what you have the temp set at. Try putting it on Lo and the fan will probably come on at full speed.
Old 08-09-2005, 04:37 PM
Administrator

Received 1,016 Likes on 577 Posts
Originally Posted by AMIC
It depends on what you have the temp set at. Try putting it on Lo and the fan will probably come on at full speed.
But then you have to reset the temperature or it will get too cold in the car, and also there is no guaranty that it will come on high, and the other way you have to press the fan button to increase the fan speed, but at least when hitting the fan speed button you can just hit the auto switch when you are cooled down enough.

There is no easy way to do it. I tried to figure this out last summer and hoped the memory function would remember the last fan setting or at least remember that I had it set on high speed fan the last time I unlocked the doors, but it just doesn't work that way.
Old 08-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ron A
There is no easy way to do it. I tried to figure this out last summer and hoped the memory function would remember the last fan setting or at least remember that I had it set on high speed fan the last time I unlocked the doors, but it just doesn't work that way.

That's really not the function of Auto mode. In that mode you set the temp and the car makes it that temp. It does whatever it wants to make it that temp. You have no control over any part of the A/C system. If you press any button other than temp then it turns off Auto. If you always want the fan on high then you take it off Auto and the memory will keep it there.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:03 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,150 Likes on 776 Posts
Cool Auto mode

Originally Posted by Tom Champagne
Is there any way to make the fan come on at high speed when you use the "auto" function of the a/c? When I get in my car and it's 90+ outside and hit the auto button,the fan is on the second slowest speed and I manually turn it up to the max. Any thoughts? TIA

The "Auto" mode on the A/C system on my 2005 TL automatically increases the fan speed to maximum, or just below max, and enters "recirc" mode to cool down the interior until it is within a few degrees of the set temperature. The system will then turn off recirc mode, lower fan speed and bring in fresh air to maintain temperature. It may take a few seconds (no more than 10) for "auto" mode to increase the fan speed and start recirc mode, but you should not have to manually change any settings. See service department if that is not the case...
Old 08-09-2005, 06:26 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Will Y.
The "Auto" mode on the A/C system on my 2005 TL automatically increases the fan speed to maximum, or just below max, and enters "recirc" mode to cool down the interior until it is within a few degrees of the set temperature. The system will then turn off recirc mode, lower fan speed and bring in fresh air to maintain temperature. It may take a few seconds (no more than 10) for "auto" mode to increase the fan speed and start recirc mode, but you should not have to manually change any settings.
This is exactly how my car has been operating. But it seems that the fan stays ablasting and the "recirc" stays on a long time after the car reaches a comfortable temperature. I think this may be because of the location of the temperature sensors and that the air is cooled enough (70 deg by my calibrated pinkies) but the temp sensor is still reading higher. Just my ...
Old 08-09-2005, 10:42 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Voice Command "Temperature Max Cold"

I have an '05 Navi, so I don't know if this works with all models:

Turn off dual temperature control. (Voice command is "Temperature Balance')

1. Press voice command button on steering wheel
2. Say "Temperature Max Cold"

When you are cool enough, press voice command button and say "temperature XX degreees."

As far as I know, this is the fastest way to cool down your TL.