Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Againstallodds1's popularity on the rise

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2006, 01:31 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Againstallodds1's popularity on the rise

Againstallodds1 has become VERY popular in NJ with the LS1 crowd..........looks like there are a few vette and camaro guys that wanna lay the smack down.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25505&page=2
Old 08-23-2006, 01:40 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
HAHAHA!

Paul,

You really startes a war huh. and honestly a war that the TL cant over come. Those C6's are fast and alot faster than out TL'S. I find this hilarious as how they get so bent out of shape. its funny. All paul said is that on that on day and the one particular car, he beat a C6.

Brett
Old 08-23-2006, 01:59 PM
The Boss

1st, not everyone on that forum has a Corvette. Having that said, the C6 vettes are beautiful. I would trade my TL for a yellow convertble C6 in a heartbeat given a good deal. I'd put head/CAM package and a nice throaty exhaust.... that would be it. It would give me about 663rwhp easy. Of course, the vette has no luxury, the TL's interior will shit all over that. But a vette is a vette........ American's true beauty muscle cars.

I enjoy my TL, I wouldn't go out and race any vettes.... most of the vette guys here in South Jersey that I come across are safe/mature drivers. They know they have monsters, so there is no need to show off their cars. We also live in the NorthEast, where people got "money" to spend... you should check out the corvette forums... some of those guys have some ''SERIOUS'' mods under their hood.
Old 08-23-2006, 06:25 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
someone should send over some youtube vids of other "rice burners" such as evo's and supras kickin' the shiznits out of those vettes.
Old 08-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Import and Domestic owner

Originally Posted by special-ed
someone should send over some youtube vids of other "rice burners" such as evo's and supras kickin' the shiznits out of those vettes.
I think I am going to do it. Hopefully one of them will come at me, I will be getting a new pair of drags on the front soon.

Originally Posted by blktl1
HAHAHA!

Paul,

You really startes a war huh. and honestly a war that the TL cant over come. Those C6's are fast and alot faster than out TL'S. I find this hilarious as how they get so bent out of shape. its funny. All paul said is that on that on day and the one particular car, he beat a C6.

Brett
Yea all I said is that I ran against a vette that ran 13.7 and I ran a 13.40. At e-town.

Im still up for a race with the vette though. STOCK. I dont think Ill beat every stock vette out there.
Im putting a new pair of drag radials up front in a few weeks and ill spray at 2k rpms. Then I should be able to get my 60' into the 1.9's.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:02 PM
I'm in

Received 20 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, I give respect to Vettes, but not to the owners that talk all that rice burner crap, import junk or call you names like ricer boy or say things like "wasted all that money" "ricer" "and a plethora of other things.... Last time I was at the track this turbo civic did a 11.1 beating a C5 at 11.6....

I love vettes, I rode in an 2005 Vette with the Z06 suspension and brakes..... it was nice.
Old 08-23-2006, 08:15 PM
2nd Gear

Gosh! I'm so sick of all these little boy racers out here racing there slow POS's against super fast american muscle cars that are far superior when it comes to racing. I mean, lets be real, its a Vette, its like, faster than anything out of japan. Mods are considered cheating. I mean, if you mod a TL and its faster than a Vette, you still have a TL. I mean, come on, you've got wack leather seats, a stupid good sound system, seating for 4, some xenon headlight thingies, and that horrrrible bluetooth phone stuff.

Sike

Damn. a 13.14 TL? You have changed the game. If i weren't in quickreply, i'd throw you a couple hundred thumbs up, but regardless, thats superimpressive. Cant wait to see what you lay in the quarter with your 1.9 60'. Half the fun of driving a honda/acura is beating cars that are actually mean to be fast and dont have any of the other perks the TL has. I'd be totally offended too if I bought a vette and couldnt beat up on a luxury sedan. Wtf is that. you're breaking hearts. Some young tike grows up making engine noises and working on his dad's camaro and dreams of getting a vette, and he gets beat by some guy driving a 3.2L v6 with some fance smancy vtec mess, some non naturally aspirated boooost and a bottle of spray. But like we all know, for every ls1 vette and camaro that wants to come after you, there are a couple thousand little riced out with 11's and 12's in their record books.

Geesh man, i'm going to get emotional, someone tell honda to bring my darn prelude back
Old 08-23-2006, 08:16 PM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Gosh! I'm so sick of all these little boy racers out here racing there slow POS's against super fast american muscle cars that are far superior when it comes to racing. I mean, lets be real, its a Vette, its like, faster than anything out of japan. Mods are considered cheating. I mean, if you mod a TL and its faster than a Vette, you still have a TL. I mean, come on, you've got wack leather seats, a stupid good sound system, seating for 4, some xenon headlight thingies, and that horrrrible bluetooth phone stuff.

Sike

Damn. a 13.14 TL? You have changed the game. If i weren't in quickreply, i'd throw you a couple hundred thumbs up, but regardless, thats superimpressive. Cant wait to see what you lay in the quarter with your 1.9 60'. Half the fun of driving a honda/acura is beating cars that are actually mean to be fast and dont have any of the other perks the TL has. I'd be totally offended too if I bought a vette and couldnt beat up on a luxury sedan. Wtf is that. you're breaking hearts. Some young tike grows up making engine noises and working on his dad's camaro and dreams of getting a vette, and he gets beat by some guy driving a 3.2L v6 with some fance smancy vtec mess, some non naturally aspirated boooost and a bottle of spray. But like we all know, for every ls1 vette and camaro that wants to come after you, there are a couple thousand little riced out with 11's and 12's in their record books.

Geesh man, i'm going to get emotional, someone tell honda to bring my darn prelude back
Old 08-23-2006, 09:24 PM
Tristate ViP Crew

I think they don't want to take the chance of getting beat, but like Acuradriver said most Vette owners I've seen don't even speed, now those W6 owners have issues.
Old 08-23-2006, 10:57 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
in because i like the title.

as everyone knows there's no way he'll beat a vette w/a competent driver
Old 08-24-2006, 11:18 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by fiveoh-tl
Againstallodds1 has become VERY popular in NJ with the LS1 crowd..........looks like there are a few vette and camaro guys that wanna lay the smack down.

http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=25505&page=2
dude, i don't know if it helped the way you trash talked him in that LS1 forum post. or were you intentionally trying to start a riot? maybe i missed something....

SSTS
Old 08-24-2006, 11:22 AM
Blue Wild Angel Music

Originally Posted by SatinSilverTypS
dude, i don't know if it helped the way you trash talked him in that LS1 forum post. or were you intentionally trying to start a riot? maybe i missed something....

SSTS

^^

harsh
Old 08-24-2006, 11:26 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Originally Posted by Turbonator
^^

harsh
yes, very harsh. he started the thread saying that: "If you read his thread he is calling out C6 vettes and welcomes the challenge. I know you guys have nothing to prove, as this is just an Acura TL, but thought someone might jump at the chance to bitchslap this clueless ahole."

now if he's just fishing for guys who want to race that's one thing and i can laugh at it because then it's kinda funny, but i dunno what the deal is. he comes across as being a hating douche on the LS1 forums and comes back here and says "looks like there are a few vette and camaro guys that wanna lay the smack down.", neglecting to mention that he lit the fire.

SSTS
Old 08-24-2006, 12:05 PM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

as another thought, i'm really surprised at how much shit-talking and stereotyping those guys are doing when nearly everyone i've ever met who drives a gm coupe that's not a camaro, vette, ta or gto thinks they own a race car. whether it's a cavalier, grand am, grandprix, cobalt, whatever. in fact i used to be like that when i had my beretta.

not that every forum doesn't have a fair share of douchebags, i just didn't expect it as much from them. thought maybe older crowds would be more mature. maybe i'm being naive.

SSTS
Old 08-24-2006, 01:09 PM
Intermediate

You guys should see how pissed they get when a "neon" runs door to door with them..I saw it two days ago first hand..I bet the guy got on whatever forum and told everyone a sh*t box almost out ran him..lmao..oh well..
Old 08-24-2006, 01:11 PM
~~~~~~~~~~~

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
For all their cutting on him, nobody has stepped up to the plate, what a bunch of internet tough guys . In all honesty though with a competent driver a stock C6 will beat his TL, but it will be a lot closer than they ever imagined, and that is impressive since the TL isn't supposed to be a pure performance machine like the C6 is. I love the C6 and would love to own one, but not real practical in Wisconsin for winters, and I really don't want 2 cars, so I mod my TL, nothing rice or wrong with that, they're just mad because a luxury car can get close to what they can run.
Old 08-24-2006, 01:19 PM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Originally Posted by 2003TL-S
I love the C6 and would love to own one, but not real practical in Wisconsin for winters, and I really don't want 2 cars, so I mod my TL, nothing rice or wrong with that, they're just mad because a luxury car can get close to what they can run.
yeah, they don't seem to get that most of us don't want to pay $70k for a Z06 we can't drive in the winter and doesn't have navigation or bluetooth or traffic updates or backup cameras or curb assist mirrors or a trunk that can hold 5 pieces of luggage. they were bitching that he payed $50k into his car and can't outrun a C6. who gives a shit?!!??! for 50k he has a hella fast LUXURY car that looks good, gets 32mpg, has navi and can outgun many cars on the road. some people amaze me.

and i second the motion of wanting a C6 or Z06, but then comes the snow issue, and having to upkeep 2 cars. for those of us who aren't rich it's a bit of a chore

SSTS
Old 08-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Intermediate

Plus, I'd rather buy a Diesel truck and sink about $5,000 in it and eat Z06's lunch while pulling a camper..lol..jk about the camper part.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:06 PM
RjS
Instructor

yes, very harsh. he started the thread saying that: "If you read his thread he is calling out C6 vettes and welcomes the challenge. I know you guys have nothing to prove, as this is just an Acura TL, but thought someone might jump at the chance to bitchslap this clueless ahole."

now if he's just fishing for guys who want to race that's one thing and i can laugh at it because then it's kinda funny, but i dunno what the deal is. he comes across as being a hating douche on the LS1 forums and comes back here and says "looks like there are a few vette and camaro guys that wanna lay the smack down.", neglecting to mention that he lit the fire.

SSTS
I second your comments about this. Hope he cares to explain his thought process with this.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:13 PM

SSTS
Yea I was thinking the same thing, WTF here is a guy who owns a FORD and ACURA and he goes on the chevy forum and talks down to me! OK. Kiss those LS1 guys asses a little more buddy.

For all their cutting on him, nobody has stepped up to the plate, what a bunch of internet tough guys . In all honesty though with a competent driver a stock C6 will beat his TL, but it will be a lot closer than they ever imagined, and that is impressive since the TL isn't supposed to be a pure performance machine like the C6 is. I love the C6 and would love to own one, but not real practical in Wisconsin for winters, and I really don't want 2 cars, so I mod my TL, nothing rice or wrong with that, they're just mad because a luxury car can get close to what they can run.
Thank you, No one has stepped up. Im ordering a some lightweight 17" rims with some drags on them soon.
I am still waiting for someone to meet up with me. The longer they wait the better for me, colder weather.
They got a lot more to lose than I do, hey it is expected for a TL to lose against a C6. But a TL to win against a C6 is bragging rights. AND I GOT THEM ALREADY.
Your right about the dude with the mustang on his avatar, he comes on our forum and acts humble and goes on the LS1 forum and talks shit. TWO FACED. A little?
Old 08-24-2006, 02:14 PM
The Boss

Originally Posted by SRT4and05TL
Plus, I'd rather buy a Diesel truck and sink about $5,000 in it and eat Z06's lunch while pulling a camper..lol..jk about the camper part.
I never believed in Diesel trucks until I saw one last week. Holy shit that thing was super fast.......... I mean.... holy shit fast.

yeah, they don't seem to get that most of us don't want to pay $70k for a Z06

i second the motion of wanting a C6 or Z06, but then comes the snow issue, and having to upkeep 2 cars. for those of us who aren't rich it's a bit of a chore

SSTS
That is correct, zo6 isn't for everyone. It's for someone who has money or has money to spend as a weekend vehicle.

You don't need a zo6 to be fast, get a regular C6 and add head/CAM, it'll be a monster Then again, you're looking at 55k + 4k = 60k for all that.....
a bit too expensive for my current status. I mean, we all dream of having a nice, super fast cars... but then reality hits... (mortage, gf/wife, kids., etc)

For all their cutting on him, nobody has stepped up to the plate, what a bunch of internet tough guys
You need to understand, those who post smack about him have some issues. Think of it this way....

1) You have a supercharged TL, or a slight N/A modified TL. You see someone on the "Scion Tc" forum talking smack about his 1/4 mile track time, how he could beat a TL, G35, 350Z on the track. You know your car is faster, and can take him. You're mature... what do you do? You read the post and just laugh... without posting anything. That my friend, is a mature LS1 driver....
As I said before, people who have Corvettes (regardless heavily modified to N/A) they are hell fast. TL and LS1 are totally different cars, they shouldn't be mixed together. A confident LS(1,2,7), or older LT1(LT4) driver would simply read this forum or thread and say "hahaha, whatevers". Hell, if I own a modified Vette, I wouldn't give a damn about some s/c TL talking smack.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,671 Likes on 932 Posts
but where i live, EVERY single person i see driving a TL drives like the biggest asshole and thinks that it is the fastest thing on the road. It is always business men yacking on the cell phone, not signalling, cutting people off, riding peoples asses..
Sounds like he is having a hard time differentiating TL drivers from BMW drivers and vice versa.

Just as an aside, Azine should procure this smiley: , although comes close.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:57 PM
Cruisin'

Paul, isn't the dude with the Mustang your friend from the TL videos (of the SC mod)? Who has the badass 5.0 in the garage at the end?

coincidence.....hmmmm conspiracy to stir hornets nest in LS1 forum... maybe

Old 08-24-2006, 05:46 PM
The Boss

^ no. The guy you are referring with the video is me. Which is different from the jackass from LS1 forum. Plus the mustang I own is far greater than that LS1 jackass' mustang. I have a white supercharged TL... that jackass simply has some "other" stock TL.

hence my Video 3
Old 08-25-2006, 11:31 AM
Racer

No need to flame....no disrespect intended. In my defense, I was trying to get the guys riled up so someone would stepup and race againstallodds1.....otherwise they'd all just laugh it off and just call BS. If I meant what I said do you think I would have posted the link here, really?
Old 08-25-2006, 11:39 AM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

If I meant what I said do you think I would have posted the link here, really?
i would hope you hadn't but you never know with some people. i apologize for jumping to conclusions then. it is kind of funny when you step back and look at it. i just wasn't sure what you're angle was.

SSTS
Old 08-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by AcuraDriver2006
^ no. The guy you are referring with the video is me. Which is different from the jackass from LS1 forum. Plus the mustang I own is far greater than that LS1 jackass' mustang. I have a white supercharged TL... that jackass simply has some "other" stock TL.

hence my Video 3
Far greater? WTF?
Old 08-25-2006, 11:41 AM
Racer

i would hope you hadn't but you never know with some people. i apologize for jumping to conclusions then. it is kind of funny when you step back and look at it. i just wasn't sure what you're angle was.

SSTS
NP.
Old 08-25-2006, 02:00 PM
RjS
Instructor

No disrespect, uh?

No need to flame....no disrespect intended. In my defense, I was trying to get the guys riled up so someone would stepup and race againstallodds1.....otherwise they'd all just laugh it off and just call BS. If I meant what I said do you think I would have posted the link here, really?
No disrespect intended? "thought someone might jump at the chance to bitchslap this clueless ahole." Is there a need to talk like that "to get the guys riled up"? :shakehead
Old 08-25-2006, 02:13 PM
ChairmanMaoSaysRTFM

Originally Posted by RjS
No disrespect intended? "thought someone might jump at the chance to bitchslap this clueless ahole." Is there a need to talk like that "to get the guys riled up"? :shakehead
well i don't disagree with you, but i'll give the guy the benefit of the doubt since i don't know him.

SSTS
Old 08-25-2006, 03:41 PM

Just ordered a new pair of 17" rims to put my boys drags on them.
So I will be ready next week to run. Hopefully one of those guys will be willing to run. I will probably be at englishtown next Wends, I will be running if I get my wheels in by then.
Old 08-27-2006, 09:53 AM
Racer

A decent driver in a c6 will beat him, a COMPETENT driver in a c5 (manual) can beat him. (And will out trap him all day)
Old 08-28-2006, 07:05 PM
Iro Ridg .308

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperStar
A decent driver in a c6 will beat him, a COMPETENT driver in a c5 (manual) can beat him. (And will out trap him all day)
so line them up mr 3 posts. our boy here is willing to go win or lose but your vette boys seem too scared to line up a stock vette.
Old 09-11-2006, 10:57 AM
Pro

Received 81 Likes on 40 Posts
Againstallodds, you are forever buying things for the TL. How about instead of singlehandedly representing for all the TL drivers out there, you go ahead and throw us some of that green. hahahha
Old 09-11-2006, 04:30 PM
Low and Slow

Originally Posted by TheAcAvenger
Againstallodds, you are forever buying things for the TL. How about instead of singlehandedly representing for all the TL drivers out there, you go ahead and throw us some of that green. hahahha
Yes, I would like a supercharged six speed TL-type S please
Old 09-11-2006, 04:38 PM
The Boss

yes Paul is a mod-whore. But nothing wrong with that if you got the money
He's TL balla