Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Aftermarket or Acura parts

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2019, 08:19 PM
Instructor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Aftermarket or Acura parts

I think I need a new window motor and regulator. Found Dorman product for $75 or Acura for $130. What would you guys recommend? Thanks!!!
Old 06-09-2019, 09:04 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aftermarket or Acura parts.

Originally Posted by Imadreamer
I think I need a new window motor and regulator. Found Dorman product for $75 or Acura for $130. What would you guys recommend? Thanks!!!
Stay away from Dorman anything! Most aftermarket is good but you get what you pay for. Just say no to Dorman. Good Luck!
Old 06-09-2019, 10:04 PM
Instructor

Ok thanks for the info I noticed on amazon it had great reviews but I will take this sites advice over anything!! Opinion on k&n stock air filter? Thanks!!!
Old 06-09-2019, 10:14 PM
Cruisin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Aftermarket or Acura parts.

I myself wouldn't use K&N .But if you go with an aftermarket cold intake box K&N would be the way to go. I prefer stock OEM parts.
Old 06-09-2019, 10:39 PM
Instructor

I agree on oem I didn’t know about stock k&n box filter.I noticed Curry Acura has some pretty good deals ! Thanks man
Old 06-09-2019, 11:12 PM
Instructor

After reading I’m sticking with oem.
Old 06-10-2019, 05:47 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 832 Likes on 679 Posts
Spend $130??? If you don't think Dorman (lifetime warranty) is a quality part, go to RockAuto and take your pick. One must be cautious when choosing aftermarket parts, but a window motor/regulator is a no brainer as most offer the same warranty as OEM, (12 months) and you wouldn't be looking for a part if the OEM hadn't gone bad.

Forget the K&N in any form.

Last edited by Turbonut; 06-10-2019 at 06:00 AM.
The following users liked this post:
DMZ (06-10-2019)
Old 06-10-2019, 10:11 AM
Instructor

👍
Old 06-10-2019, 10:33 AM
Drifting

Received 853 Likes on 606 Posts
I've had good luck with most aftermarket. If you can find the manufacturer that makes the OEM, then you can often get a better deal. NGK, Denso, Hitachi and Aisen are common manufacturers for Honda/Acura parts. If I"m on Rockauto and looking for something, I'd trust those brands as much as purchasing the part on an Acura OEM site. Having said that, many Acura OEM sites have pretty good prices - way better than your local dealer (and the local dealers often don't have the part in stock anyways. I've used oemacuraparts.com and acurapartswarehouse.com and both have been great.

The other part of the equation, at least for me, is how easy the part is to replace vs. how much it costs. An alternator for example, is around $450 for OEM, close to $300 or so on Rockauto for Denso (OEM Manufacturer). However, an Autozone Duralast is only $150. Since it has a lifetime warranty and is a relatively easy install (about 1 hour at most), I just went with the Duralast. If it goes bad, I'm only out an hour of labor. It's been about a year so far and no problems. Same goes for most suspension parts. I've done upper control arms, tie rod ends and sway bar links - all aftermarket. Moog, ACDelco or Mevotech. So far so good. They're easy to replace as long as the bolts are super-duper rusted and all have good warranties. So far, I haven't had to re-replace anything. And for some reason, OEM Acura suspension parts cost an arm and a leg compared to aftermarket.

A window motor/regulator might be more of a pain to change out. Maybe not, but I hate ripping doors apart. I always seem to break the little plastic clips then get rattles and what not. You might want to purchase more of those clips in case any break. Anyways, if you find it's a pain to do, purchasing OEM might be a good bet so you know you're getting pretty decent quality and won't have to go digging around in there again.

Last edited by losiglow; 06-10-2019 at 10:37 AM.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:30 AM
Instructor

I’ll be damn... I check air filter and there is a k&n one in there. I guess I’ll replace with oem.
Old 06-10-2019, 11:53 AM
Instructor

Originally Posted by losiglow
I've had good luck with most aftermarket. If you can find the manufacturer that makes the OEM, then you can often get a better deal. NGK, Denso, Hitachi and Aisen are common manufacturers for Honda/Acura parts. If I"m on Rockauto and looking for something, I'd trust those brands as much as purchasing the part on an Acura OEM site. Having said that, many Acura OEM sites have pretty good prices - way better than your local dealer (and the local dealers often don't have the part in stock anyways. I've used oemacuraparts.com and acurapartswarehouse.com and both have been great.

The other part of the equation, at least for me, is how easy the part is to replace vs. how much it costs. An alternator for example, is around $450 for OEM, close to $300 or so on Rockauto for Denso (OEM Manufacturer). However, an Autozone Duralast is only $150. Since it has a lifetime warranty and is a relatively easy install (about 1 hour at most), I just went with the Duralast. If it goes bad, I'm only out an hour of labor. It's been about a year so far and no problems. Same goes for most suspension parts. I've done upper control arms, tie rod ends and sway bar links - all aftermarket. Moog, ACDelco or Mevotech. So far so good. They're easy to replace as long as the bolts are super-duper rusted and all have good warranties. So far, I haven't had to re-replace anything. And for some reason, OEM Acura suspension parts cost an arm and a leg compared to aftermarket.

A window motor/regulator might be more of a pain to change out. Maybe not, but I hate ripping doors apart. I always seem to break the little plastic clips then get rattles and what not. You might want to purchase more of those clips in case any break. Anyways, if you find it's a pain to do, purchasing OEM might be a good bet so you know you're getting pretty decent quality and won't have to go digging around in there again.
Thanks for the information that helps!!! The lady I bought it off of said she pay for the part so I was assuming go with oem.
Old 06-10-2019, 03:45 PM
Instructor

M
Originally Posted by losiglow

. My manual says over 1 gallon of antifreeze but others here says just 1 gallon. Can you help on that? Thank you