Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura of Toronto - VOID !!

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 10:26 PM
RonJon/Kaption/Clifford

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Acura of Toronto - VOID !!

If you value your Acura and don't want terrible service, then avoid Acura of Toronto (Yonge/Steeles).
Last Spring I brought my car in to get winters taken off and summers put on. Asked the service guy if they could spray down the tires/rims and dry them before they put them back in my tire bags-no problem. Wasn't done. Last fall same thing from summers to winters, not done. This time received a basic detailing package for not doing the tires.
This Spring, as in a week ago, I booked in my car for winters to summers and detailing. (Would never bring my car there in the first place but free detailing, why not). After dropping my car off, 2hrs later service called to advise they cannot do the detailing as the person who booked me in didn't check the schedule properly. So they just switched my tires instead and re-booked me for a few days later.
Dropped it off again for detailing and when I picked it up later that day they managed to make it worse from when I brought it in-not kidding. The Assistant Service Mgr. couldn't believe the mess that they did and asked me to bring it back another day to get it re-done. I told her it can stay there overnight (inside) and get re-done properly in the morning as I cannot keep coming back and forth.
The next day when I picked it up it was somewhat better, but no where near a "detailing" job I would expect for near $200. Thank God it was free.
As I pulled away I put my stereo on and noticed it was on a FM channel. I NEVER listen to radio stations as I had the system upgraded last summer. The radio station had so much base that I thought all my subs were going to pop. I immediately looked at my crossover, settings, etc and saw that they had all been changed and bass maxed on every setting! I pulled over and called the dealership before they closed up and told the service Mgr what happened. She told me that they'll look into it and call me in the morning.
That next morning I sent an email to the General Manager advising of everything from last Spring till now. I didn't get a call or email back from nobody so the next day I called and tried to get a hold of the GM but when she asked who's calling she'd pause and say he's in a meeting--ya right. I then spoke to the ass't service mgr and she said that the GM was coincidentally downstairs speaking with the detailers--more BS. I asked her to have him call me when he's done. No call, nothing.
The next morning, yes another one, I sent the GM an email advising how disappointed I was that no one has contacted me and that I'll be contacting Honda Canada Customer Relations. Within minutes I received an email stating he's been busy and he'll contact me in the afternoon. I called Honda Canada anyways and they don't fool around. The guy on the phone with me heard the whole story and then asked to put me on hold to call the GM. When he came back he told me the GM will be calling me shortly-which he did.
He apologized very lightly and briefly stating that none of the detailers admitted to touching the stereo system then, this is the best part, offered me a free oil change on my next visit!! F-that. I told him that my car will never see that dealership again. To bad too cause it's so convenient and the other one I used to go to closed down.
Sorry for the winded story but like I said, if you value your car--stay clear!!
Old 04-03-2009, 10:36 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,015 Likes on 1,434 Posts
wow they have no respect for you car, I have a habit of of getting mad when this happens and honesty, I would have gone to the service dept. and wreaked some havoc... Some of my friends call it "controlled chaos"
Old 04-03-2009, 10:43 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,491 Likes on 1,050 Posts
I've given up on Honda/Acura dealerships overall. The service is absolutely terrible.

As for the FM radio thing, most like scenario was service mechanic took it to a local carwash. Don't know how you manage to make it look worse, though.

Honda: The car's reliability makes up for the dealer's lack of same.
Old 04-04-2009, 12:06 AM
Unofficial Goat

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts
take it to acura markham, the service department is a lot better than that. If you want real detailing contact member Wes_R on this board he does great work and offers a great price too. He's 1000x better than what you'll get at the stealership.

Here's an example of his work: https://acurazine.com/forums/wash-wax-23/wes_r-x-nsx-56-pics-714914/
Old 04-04-2009, 08:42 AM
05 TL 6mt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by csmeance
Some of my friends call it "controlled chaos"
Old 04-04-2009, 08:54 AM
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by GTA_TLS
If you value your Acura and don't want terrible service, then avoid Acura of Toronto (Yonge/Steeles).
Last Spring I brought my car in to get winters taken off and summers put on. Asked the service guy if they could spray down the tires/rims and dry them before they put them back in my tire bags-no problem. Wasn't done. Last fall same thing from summers to winters, not done. This time received a basic detailing package for not doing the tires.
This Spring, as in a week ago, I booked in my car for winters to summers and detailing. (Would never bring my car there in the first place but free detailing, why not). After dropping my car off, 2hrs later service called to advise they cannot do the detailing as the person who booked me in didn't check the schedule properly. So they just switched my tires instead and re-booked me for a few days later.
Dropped it off again for detailing and when I picked it up later that day they managed to make it worse from when I brought it in-not kidding. The Assistant Service Mgr. couldn't believe the mess that they did and asked me to bring it back another day to get it re-done. I told her it can stay there overnight (inside) and get re-done properly in the morning as I cannot keep coming back and forth.
The next day when I picked it up it was somewhat better, but no where near a "detailing" job I would expect for near $200. Thank God it was free.
As I pulled away I put my stereo on and noticed it was on a FM channel. I NEVER listen to radio stations as I had the system upgraded last summer. The radio station had so much base that I thought all my subs were going to pop. I immediately looked at my crossover, settings, etc and saw that they had all been changed and bass maxed on every setting! I pulled over and called the dealership before they closed up and told the service Mgr what happened. She told me that they'll look into it and call me in the morning.
That next morning I sent an email to the General Manager advising of everything from last Spring till now. I didn't get a call or email back from nobody so the next day I called and tried to get a hold of the GM but when she asked who's calling she'd pause and say he's in a meeting--ya right. I then spoke to the ass't service mgr and she said that the GM was coincidentally downstairs speaking with the detailers--more BS. I asked her to have him call me when he's done. No call, nothing.
The next morning, yes another one, I sent the GM an email advising how disappointed I was that no one has contacted me and that I'll be contacting Honda Canada Customer Relations. Within minutes I received an email stating he's been busy and he'll contact me in the afternoon. I called Honda Canada anyways and they don't fool around. The guy on the phone with me heard the whole story and then asked to put me on hold to call the GM. When he came back he told me the GM will be calling me shortly-which he did.
He apologized very lightly and briefly stating that none of the detailers admitted to touching the stereo system then, this is the best part, offered me a free oil change on my next visit!! F-that. I told him that my car will never see that dealership again. To bad too cause it's so convenient and the other one I used to go to closed down.
Sorry for the winded story but like I said, if you value your car--stay clear!!
i know how u feel !
my bro has a csx with the "mugen" kit on
he took it in for oil change and they scratched it. they didnt admit they damaged the car but they said they were NICE thats y they r repaired it for him ....
i took my tl in for oil change i told them NOT to wash my car.... guess what... they washed it AND gave me a few scratches on the doors
Old 04-04-2009, 09:40 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 293 Likes on 253 Posts
Assuming that since you have been a member since June you must have read horror stories on here about dealer washing / detailing. So its expected and inevitable.

A few tips for you and anyome out there ;

1) Any time you take your car for service or anything, take the Service Manager out with you for a walk around of the car and point out any exisiting damage you have ) or lack of ) inside and out including wheel rash and tell him you expect it back that way. This is good for both side as he knows they will be responsible for anything else and it also save then having you accuse them of existing issues. I have done this dozens of times and not one has objected. If they do .. thank them and walk away.

2) Never have your car washed or detailed by the dealer. The detailing is done by an $8/hr. kid on the bottom of the food chain and they use a wash brush that was last used to wash the wheels of the last car they did. I always specify to the Service Manager "NO WASH" and I also put a "DO NOT WASH" 8 x 11.5 paper over the gauge cluster so they see it.

Lesson learned.
Old 04-04-2009, 09:55 AM
RonJon/Kaption/Clifford

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by The Dougler
take it to acura markham, the service department is a lot better than that. If you want real detailing contact member Wes_R on this board he does great work and offers a great price too. He's 1000x better than what you'll get at the stealership.

Here's an example of his work: https://acurazine.com/forums/showthread.php?t=714914
Thanks Dougler, looks good. I usually bring it to a place called Splashworks up in Woodbridge area. They do a lot of the show cars on display for big car shows. They've detailed under my hood and every nook and cranny. I'll keep Wes in mind though.

Originally Posted by Jesstzn
Assuming that since you have been a member since June you must have read horror stories on here about dealer washing / detailing. So its expected and inevitable.

A few tips for you and anyome out there ;

1) Any time you take your car for service or anything, take the Service Manager out with you for a walk around of the car and point out any exisiting damage you have ) or lack of ) inside and out including wheel rash and tell him you expect it back that way. This is good for both side as he knows they will be responsible for anything else and it also save then having you accuse them of existing issues. I have done this dozens of times and not one has objected. If they do .. thank them and walk away.

2) Never have your car washed or detailed by the dealer. The detailing is done by an $8/hr. kid on the bottom of the food chain and they use a wash brush that was last used to wash the wheels of the last car they did. I always specify to the Service Manager "NO WASH" and I also put a "DO NOT WASH" 8 x 11.5 paper over the gauge cluster so they see it.

Lesson learned.

Ya, like I mentioned I was reluctant but really only wanted the free shampooing job. I lectured the dimwit when I dropped my car off. The cleaning of the wheels was written of the work orders each time. What a mess they have there. Well, look who's a top the the food chain there, a GM from the Drug Cartel family