Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura TL In Europe

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2005, 07:37 AM
mario_bbb

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura TL In Europe

IS ANYBODY IN THIS FORUM WHO HAS GOT ACURA TL (2004+) IN EUROPE ???
LETS CREATE AN EUROPEAN ACURA TL CLUB
THIS IS A VERY INTERESTIG CAR, SO I'M SURE THERE ARE SOME TL OWNERS IN EUROPE
Old 06-26-2005, 08:24 AM
mario_bbb

Thumbs up photo from Gdansk (POLAND)

Old 06-26-2005, 08:48 AM
Wants an M3 in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I didnt know they sold it in europe?
Old 06-26-2005, 09:16 AM
TL 2012 SH-AWD TECH/UMBER

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
There's no acura in europe. THey even don't know the brand. May be you can import one (very difficult and expensive)

I see you're from poland. Is there an acura dealer in poland ?

What are the other country in europe seling it.

I'm sure in france there's no Acura, inItaly, spain, belgium, United Kingdom it's the same just honda brand

They sell the ACURA NSX under the Honda brand. That's the only acura with the TSX sold as an ACCORD HONDA in europe
Old 06-26-2005, 09:18 AM
Advanced

They don't sell in Europe. Those are the imports. Prices for Acuras in Russia for example is sky high. An RL costs from 82-85K. One TL A-Spec AT sold for 69K over there.
Apparently people buy them because they're different and almost don't exist in that part of the world.
BTW, congrats on your TL in Poland. Is your a 6-speed?
Old 06-26-2005, 09:22 AM

That's why so many car in north america are stolen and sold in north africa and russia

Big SUV and luxury car usually.

That means our TL is a luxury car if the people from this part of this world want to drive one
Old 06-26-2005, 09:23 AM

Don't have any accident or mecanical problem, because it should be long to obtain spare parts
Old 06-26-2005, 09:54 AM
mario_bbb

Smile

Originally Posted by ludachrisvt
I didnt know they sold it in europe?
not sold but import to Europe

look at the rear turn signals - they are orange

Old 06-26-2005, 09:58 AM
mario_bbb

Originally Posted by 6speedRUS
They don't sell in Europe. Those are the imports. Prices for Acuras in Russia for example is sky high. An RL costs from 82-85K. One TL A-Spec AT sold for 69K over there.
Apparently people buy them because they're different and almost don't exist in that part of the world.
BTW, congrats on your TL in Poland. Is your a 6-speed?

YES, 6-SPEED
Old 06-26-2005, 10:06 AM
mario_bbb

Angry

Originally Posted by sebounet2005
That's why so many car in north america are stolen and sold in north africa and russia

Big SUV and luxury car usually.

That means our TL is a luxury car if the people from this part of this world want to drive one
MY TL ISN'S STOLEN
BUT I BOUGHT TL IN USA - ACURA CO. MAKE MONEY ON ME
Old 06-26-2005, 10:23 AM

I didn't say it was stolen, i was just explaining a lot of people want exotics cars that they cannot have in they country. Sorry if i offense you, i didn't want.

You were stolen by ACURA for the high price you paid
Old 06-26-2005, 10:37 AM
mario_bbb

Cool your right

Originally Posted by sebounet2005
I didn't say it was stolen, i was just explaining a lot of people want exotics cars that they cannot have in they country. Sorry if i offense you, i didn't want.

You were stolen by ACURA for the high price you paid
ACURA ROBBED ME OF MONEY

BUT MY GOVERNMENT ROBBED ME MUCH MUCH MORE, SO I HATE HIM
Old 06-26-2005, 11:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 85 Likes on 37 Posts
Ok I have talked to a few of my friends in Germany, and they tell me the Acura TL is sold in germany as a Honda Accord, one of a few models Im told. I do know, but the last time I was in Germany I saw an NSX, and it was a Honda NSX, so I dont doubt that they would sell the TL as an Accord. As for the rest of Europe I dont know, but I am 100% sure that there are no Acura Dealers over there.
Old 06-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 131 Likes on 79 Posts
Very nice! I think you're the first European TL owner we've had on this board, interesting that they have different turn signals for the tailights, I know some US people wanted orange signals, for what reason I don't know
Old 06-26-2005, 12:05 PM
mario_bbb

Let See...

Originally Posted by plastikman
Ok I have talked to a few of my friends in Germany, and they tell me the Acura TL is sold in germany as a Honda Accord, one of a few models Im told. I do know, but the last time I was in Germany I saw an NSX, and it was a Honda NSX, so I dont doubt that they would sell the TL as an Accord. As for the rest of Europe I dont know, but I am 100% sure that there are no Acura Dealers over there.
LET SEE ON http://www.honda.de/content/car/index.html THERE ISN'T ACURA TL,
HONDA ACCORD 2.0; 2.2CTDI; 2.4;
BUT THESE ARE CARS LIKE ACURA TSX
THE SAME IS IN POLAND

HONDA EUROPE DON'T SELL ACCORD'S (ACURA TSX) WITH V6 ENGINE - THE BIGGEST IS 2.4 (187KM) 0-62MPH=7.8s and top speed is 227 km/h

HONDA ACCORD:

HONDA ACCORD TYPE S 2.4 (190KM)

ACCORD CTDI (DIESEL 140KM):

ACCORD TOUREER:

ACCORD TOUREER TYPE S:

HONDA ACCORD INTERIOR:

DIESEL SUPERB ENGINE:

HONDA NSX:

BEST WISHES FROM EUROPE
Old 06-26-2005, 12:07 PM
mario_bbb

Not First

Originally Posted by cTLgo
Very nice! I think you're the first European TL owner we've had on this board, interesting that they have different turn signals for the tailights, I know some US people wanted orange signals, for what reason I don't know
THERE ARE TWO NEW TL IN POLAND, I'M A SECOND TL OWNER.
FIRST OWNER > BERNARD1973
Old 06-26-2005, 12:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Man I cant imagine payin the Import taxes and shipment you guys must have paid, holly shit, but I did say I saw a Honda NSX, and mario just proved that, thank you.
Old 06-26-2005, 12:46 PM
mario_bbb

Thumbs up You're Welcome Plastikman

Man I cant imagine payin the Import taxes and shipment you guys must have paid, holly shit, but I did say I saw a Honda NSX, and mario just proved that, thank you.
EUROPEAN ACCORD LOOKS LIKE AN ACURA TSX
BUT INTERIOR HAS LIKE US ACCORD
---- ALL IT IS MUDDLE UP WITH HONDAS AND ACURAS ----
WE'VE GOT MIXED ACURA TSX(EXTERIOR) + US HONDA ACCORD(INTERIOR) = EU HONDA ACCORD WITH ENGINES: 2.0 (155HP); 2.2 i-CTDI (140HP); 2.4 (190 HP)

SORRY ABOUT "KM"; (140KM) MEANS (140 HP)
POLISH KM (KON MECHANICZNY) - ENG. HP (HORSE POWER)

LOOK AT THE HEADLIGHT'S WASHER:

BEST WISHES FROM EUROPE
Old 06-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Orange turn signals

Originally Posted by cTLgo
... interesting that they have different turn signals for the tailights, I know some US people wanted orange signals, for what reason I don't know
I would like to swap mine out with a different color (orange) rear turn signal lights. Why? It's different and readily visible, plus the all-red we have now just looks boring to me.

So, if Mario_bbb ordered his TL from the USA for shipping to Poland, perhaps it might be possible to order the export version of this replacement part from Honda/Acura?
Old 06-26-2005, 01:54 PM
Retired MOD

Originally Posted by mario_bbb
THERE ARE TWO NEW TL IN POLAND, I'M A SECOND TL OWNER.
FIRST OWNER > BERNARD1973
Well I have a TL a 99 TL to be exact and I have been here for 2+ years.

There a lot of TL's mainly 2nd gen. I have seen two 04's. Of course all these TL's are own my active military, so eventually they will go back to the states unless sold to a local national which happens. You don't have to pay for anything when you bring your car with your orders. I could buy a TL right now and shipped it over here for $1,200 to $1,600 and that's it. Of course they car would be registered under military overseas agreement and not to the local goverment.

There are a lot of military bases in Germany so I'm sure there are plenty of TL's.

BTW you should see the looks my car got when I drove to Czech Republic. They would walk around the car like it was something from another world. It was very cool.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:01 PM
Retired MOD

They don't sell acura TL's. TL's are only sold in the US not even japan.

Japan Integra = Acura RSX
Japan accord = Euro Accord = Acura TSX
Japan Inspire = US Accord.
Japan Legend = Euro Legend = Acura RL
Old 06-26-2005, 02:10 PM
mario_bbb

TL in Poland

Originally Posted by Bitium

There a lot of TL's mainly 2nd gen. I have seen two 04's. Of course all these TL's are own my active military, so eventually they will go back to the states unless sold to a local national which happens. You don't have to pay for anything when you bring your car with your orders. I could buy a TL right now and shipped it over here for $1,200 to $1,600 and that's it. Of course they car would be registered under military overseas agreement and not to the local goverment.

There are a lot of military bases in Germany so I'm sure there are plenty of TL's.

BTW you should see the looks my car got when I drove to Czech Republic. They would walk around the car like it was something from another world. It was very cool.
there are many tl's in Poland but they are first and second generation,
now there are only 2 TL third generation (2004+) in Poland.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:21 PM
mario_bbb

rear turn signal lights

Originally Posted by Parker75
I would like to swap mine out with a different color (orange) rear turn signal lights. Why? It's different and readily visible, plus the all-red we have now just looks boring to me.

So, if Mario_bbb ordered his TL from the USA for shipping to Poland, perhaps it might be possible to order the export version of this replacement part from Honda/Acura?
I must change colour of rear lamps becouse in Poland statute doesn't permite using rear turn signal lights in red colour, orange colour is in force, so i must ferry this lights. I didn't buy it buy but only modify that.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:21 PM
Senior Moderator

You are lucky you didnt get your car stolen in the Czech republic, my mom parked her brand new VW Golf there for about 20 mins while she ran inside a house to get something, the car was locked. When she came back it was gone, that happens alot there. I used to be stationed in K town and bought my 96 Mustang there at the Vogelweh BX, and when I came back to the stated, after I got outta the service, it didnt cost me a cent to bring my car home, but you are right, you ahve to have Goverment plates in order to drive over there.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:23 PM
Senior Moderator

I must change colour of rear lamps becouse in Poland statute doesn't permite using rear turn signal lights in red colour, orange colour is in force, so i must ferry this lights. I didn't buy it buy but only modify that.

The laws in Europe are so much tougher over there then here, there vehicle inspections only let the best cars through. For example you will never see beaters like you do here in the States, its just not tolerated. You have to take your car through an inspection over there, and if you dont pass it, which alot of cars dont, then you dont get plates for it.
Old 06-26-2005, 02:24 PM
mario_bbb

you've got right

They don't sell acura TL's. TL's are only sold in the US not even japan.

Japan Integra = Acura RSX
Japan accord = Euro Accord = Acura TSX
Japan Inspire = US Accord.
Japan Legend = Euro Legend = Acura RL
i love RAMSTEIN, this is a great heavy metal group. best wishes
Old 06-26-2005, 02:50 PM
mario_bbb

modification

The laws in Europe are so much tougher over there then here, there vehicle inspections only let the best cars through. For example you will never see beaters like you do here in the States, its just not tolerated. You have to take your car through an inspection over there, and if you dont pass it, which alot of cars dont, then you dont get plates for it.
hi, my car has got only one modification (orange colour of rear turn signals) becouse law ordered me to do it;
besides this car meets all polish requirements
Old 06-26-2005, 03:00 PM
Senior Moderator

hi, my car has got only one modification (orange colour of rear turn signals) becouse law ordered me to do it;
besides this car meets all polish requirements

Yes I know your car meets all the requirments, but what Im sayin is, is that your standards in your country are alot higher then ours. If you ever saw the cars that drive on the roads here, you would understand what I mean. You guys used have cars that bad, they were called the Trabant, it was the eastern block car.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:10 PM
mario_bbb

Exclamation i see

Yes I know your car meets all the requirments, but what Im sayin is, is that your standards in your country are alot higher then ours. If you ever saw the cars that drive on the roads here, you would understand what I mean. You guys used have cars that bad, they were called the Trabant, it was the eastern block car.
understood,
unfortunately,it's our problem in my country.
There are a lot of scrap on the roads in Poland (trabants,wartburgs,old jalopies) which are registered and admited in traffic. It's very dangerous.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:25 PM
Retired MOD

You are lucky you didnt get your car stolen in the Czech republic, my mom parked her brand new VW Golf there for about 20 mins while she ran inside a house to get something, the car was locked. When she came back it was gone, that happens alot there. I used to be stationed in K town and bought my 96 Mustang there at the Vogelweh BX, and when I came back to the stated, after I got outta the service, it didnt cost me a cent to bring my car home, but you are right, you ahve to have Goverment plates in order to drive over there.
So I was told. Well after driving around the city fo a little bit, the car was parked at the hotel garage for the rest of the time.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:27 PM
'04 6mt Pearl

Smile

Mario,
Could I pewrsuade you to post a closeup picture of your modded tail lights. I am very interested in your mod and, and how you did this.

Old 06-26-2005, 03:28 PM
Retired MOD

there are many tl's in Poland but they are first and second generation,
now there are only 2 TL third generation (2004+) in Poland.
Well I haven't gone to poland, but is one of our plan destinations. we have seen a lot, but I won't be here in germany for much longer. Too bad I won't be able to see everything.
Old 06-26-2005, 03:29 PM
Retired MOD

i love RAMSTEIN, this is a great heavy metal group. best wishes
Thanks...
Old 06-26-2005, 06:46 PM
Senior Moderator

understood,
There are a lot of scrap on the roads in Poland (trabants,wartburgs,old jalopies) which are registered and admited in traffic. It's very dangerous.

Yeah its different in the eastern block countries, still, but in places like Germany. Austria. Switzerland, etc....... You cant drive any of those.
Old 06-27-2005, 01:56 AM
mario_bbb

Smile ok

Originally Posted by triggle
Mario,
Could I pewrsuade you to post a closeup picture of your modded tail lights. I am very interested in your mod and, and how you did this.
i'll do some photos of that.
Old 06-27-2005, 05:42 AM
mario_bbb

Originally Posted by triggle
Mario,

NOT QUITE ME BUT SERVICE DID THIS
Old 06-27-2005, 06:06 AM
6th Gear

Hahah tires are on backwards

anyone notice that all the tires are on backwords on that blue accord with the 5 spoke rims?
Old 06-27-2005, 06:52 AM
mario_bbb

Originally Posted by PointBoy
anyone notice that all the tires are on backwords on that blue accord with the 5 spoke rims?
WHICH PHOTO YOU DESCRIBE?
Old 06-27-2005, 06:03 PM
I slow down for COPS

understood,
mario_bbb,

I am from Poland, went to Pierwsze LO w Gdansku. Believe me that the scrap we/you have on the roads in Poland is not as bad as the ones we have here. There are a lot of cars that do not pass emissions, etc. on the roads here that get plates for the simple reason that they are so old and bit up that it would be too expensive to fix them. Yes, it is true. If it will cost too much to fix, they will give you a waiver and let you get plates that way. Simply stupid.

Say cheers to folks in Gdansk and Sopot (where my parents live). Drink some EB for me on Molo.

Take care, Mark.
Old 06-27-2005, 06:05 PM
I slow down for COPS

Originally Posted by mark 3M bra man
mario_bbb,

I am from Poland, went to Pierwsze LO w Gdansku. Believe me that the scrap we/you have on the roads in Poland is not as bad as the ones we have here. There are a lot of cars that do not pass emissions, etc. on the roads here that get plates for the simple reason that they are so old and bit up that it would be too expensive to fix them. Yes, it is true. If it will cost too much to fix, they will give you a waiver and let you get plates that way. Simply stupid.

Say cheers to folks in Gdansk and Sopot (where my parents live). Drink some EB for me on Molo.

Take care, Mark.
And let me add, that they are worse then Trabant or Syrenka.

Quick Reply: Acura TL In Europe