Sponsored by:

Acura Service

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2009, 04:34 PM
Pz_
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Service

I know you guys talk about this all the time, but I took my 07 in for the first time to a dealership for some work this week. Wow, it was like a night and day difference from other manufacturers. Everyone was polite, the mechanics were well trained and informed. I got a low miles 09 as a loaner. They even washed my car, dressed the wheels & tires, plus they detailed the inside.

I'm sure everyone here is used to that kind of treatment by now, but it's my first time so I just wanted to tell someone about it.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:45 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Good to hear!

One thing you should make notice, make sure they cleaned the car right. A lot of dealerships use harsh chemicals, overused cloths, and terrible dying material to clean the exterior. Now that is not all dealerships, but most of them. Most of us on AZ won't allow the dealership to clean our cars.

I'm glad of your great experience, hopefully, more to come!
Old 10-21-2009, 04:52 PM
Racer

Unfortunately, this is not as widespread at Acura Dealerships as it is in Lexus Dealerships. If Acura would offer the same level of customer care as Lexus, they would be on to something.
Old 10-21-2009, 04:58 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Pz_
I know you guys talk about this all the time, but I took my 07 in for the first time to a dealership for some work this week. Wow, it was like a night and day difference from other manufacturers. Everyone was polite, the mechanics were well trained and informed. I got a low miles 09 as a loaner. They even washed my car, dressed the wheels & tires, plus they detailed the inside.

I'm sure everyone here is used to that kind of treatment by now, but it's my first time so I just wanted to tell someone about it.
Yeah I received the same treatment when I took my newly purchased 07 TL-S in. But me being the jaded, cynical, untrusting bastard that I am just figured it was all show to get your repeat business. Everyone knows dealers charge alot more than other repair shops. I don't know I don't think I will ever really trust a mechanic.
Old 10-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Chapter Leader (San Antonio)

Received 433 Likes on 319 Posts
Places that "lies" to you the most.

1. Car Salesman/Dealership
2. Car Mechanics
3. Salesman (Products, Cell phone, etc..)

Some are actually good though, but they're becoming a rarity
Old 10-21-2009, 05:22 PM
it's a car-drive it

Received 262 Likes on 199 Posts
good to hear your received excellent service from a acura dealer. The one I deal has been excellent since day one-it will be 3 years soon.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:53 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
I receive excellent treatment from my local dealer as well even though I didn't buy the car from them.

OP- good to see you were treated the way you wanted to be treated.
Old 10-21-2009, 07:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 361 Likes on 316 Posts
I've bought two Acura's from my dealership and they treat me like gold. Glad you got the same treatment.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:34 PM
Pz_
Instructor

I also did not buy my TL from this location, I got it used from a Honda lot out of state.

I hear everyone saying that Lexus service is way better than Acura, I wonder what goes on in there!
Old 10-22-2009, 04:02 AM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
you pay more for a lexus up front and all the time owning it...different level of car and service. I dont care what you paid for the TL--its still not a Lex

When your car gets a minor service, all those nice trained techs are busy working on real jobs--the low member of the crew does the oil changes and tire rotations

Sales dept mainly exist to provide cars for service dept to make the real money on.
Giving a free wash, loaner car etc are great customer service,,intended to get you back over and over
As long as they are taking as good of care of your car as they are of you...perfect

for others-
Too many scary stories to have much trust in the low person doing a great job at washing and especially drying the car or any job on it
Old 10-22-2009, 01:56 PM
Instructor

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts
My experience at my local Acura dealer has been pleasant as well.

Like some of you, I always decline the free car wash.

You get what you pay for, for the most part.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Under construction

Received 96 Likes on 68 Posts
Nice to see a thread about a good dealership! Glad you experienced great service!
Old 10-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
My acura dealership has been really good to me. Loaner cars, nice staff (except for one asshole) and haven't had multiple issues with them.

BMW on the other hand has gone over and beyond to make sure I'm comfy. I can get service appts with a loaner the next day, they have a full food/drink area, nice big waiting area, great staff and the sales staff let you test drive demo's sometimes to help you pass the time if you choose to wait!!!! Plus the techs are very knowledgeable and do their job right the first time!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
you pay for all that free somehow,,just like loaners are not really free
its hidden in parts and labor rates,,new car pricing

Hopefully you will turn in your current car and drive away in a new one every 1-3 years
Thats life at bimmer dealers~ keep em happy and they will never change brands, just drive 15-50k miles and start the payments all over
Overbuilt,fun to drive--
I enjoyed test driving many customers cars after service hehehehehehe
Old 10-22-2009, 07:13 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,011 Likes on 1,430 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
you pay for all that free somehow,,just like loaners are not really free
its hidden in parts and labor rates,,new car pricing

Hopefully you will turn in your current car and drive away in a new one every 1-3 years
Thats life at bimmer dealers~ keep em happy and they will never change brands, just drive 15-50k miles and start the payments all over
Overbuilt,fun to drive--
I enjoyed test driving many customers cars after service hehehehehehe
Free maintenance for 6yrs 100K Warranty till 2013 or 100K miles They aint getting a dime from me!
Old 10-22-2009, 07:44 PM
Pz_
Instructor

I didn't ask for a wash, I for sure didn't expect it. Guess I'll make a point to tell them to skip that next time around, I didn't know it was so dangerous.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:14 PM
Instructor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Here was my experience. Me and the wife took our TL and RL in at the same time for numerous items.

TL:

01 TL with slipping tranny 2/3. Was in for the formal diagnostic based on a $2,800 quote. After diagnostic, the price went up to $4,100 for the exact same work quoted on the phone. I was very very upset but kept my cool.

Also, the tranny had not slipped in 2 weeks and would only occasionally do it. When I left, it slipped 4 times very very badly within 5 miles on my way to a Honda dealership where I bought me wife an 08 Accord. They completely destroyed my tranny. I bet I could of drove it 3-5K more miles. It had been slipping intermittently for months. One trip to dealership and BAM it was destroyed.

Acura did not want to trade for a nice 06 TL w/Nav. on the lot. They wanted nothing to do with the 01 TL. Honda gave me 3 grand for a 01 TL with 135K and a shot tranny.

I am just getting started.

I planned on letting Acura rebuild tranny and the PS was going (intermittent operation) and was going to sell the car myself. I've read the horror stories on 2nd gen. forum on the tranny. How is it possible people will be on there 4th tranny. One failure was enough for me. Anyway, they told me absolutely nothing was wrong with the PS. Albeit, I knew it had not worked for months. However, if I insisted they would change the pump for $350. I asked them why would they change a pump if nothing is wrong with it? He had no answer other than, "At your request". When you pay for a diagnosis, I expect a proper diagnosis by a knowledgeable person and good advice! I know I'm crazy to expect this! I drove away still struggling to turn the wheel.

Additionally, at the same time they were looking at my 05 RL which had a list of things I wanted looked at.

RL:

1) Flickering headlight. They said it was the inverter and $700 to fix. I fixed myself for $158.00.

2) headlight adjustment mechanism was inoperable. I told them the gear was probably stripped. They said the entire gear was missing. $1,600 to fix. I opened the headlight up myself, found the stripped gear, and fixed for free. Also note, the housing they were going to replace does not even contain the vertical adjustment mechanism.

3) Side splash guard (undercarriage) was hanging low. I simply asked if a few push pins could be put in? They said no... needs a new splash shield $150. I did buy a new shield for $75.00 and installed myself. It could have been fixed by installing a few more push pins because4 a couple had come out.

4) I have the torque converter shudder. They said it is normal. Normal my ASS. It sounds God awful and certainly damage is occurring. So I always drive in manual to prevent the shudder. I am researching on how to fix this myself.

The bill...

Wanted any flash updates that were out. They charged me $105 for an ECU flash update but could not tell me what it did!

They charged $65.00 for the PS diagnostic. said it was fine. These guy's are on crack. Has not worked for months.

They charged $65.00 for the headlight diagnostic. Hell it could have only been 1 of 2 things bulb or inverter. They could have flipped a coin.

They charged $65.00 to diagnose the tranny. I new it was going, so they charged me to downright kill it!

Parts:

While I was there I wanted to get the proper crush washers and fluids. They sold me the wrong size crush washers and wrong differential fluid. Tried to sell me the interior trim tool I asked about for $85.00. Harbor Freight sells the exact same trim kit for $5.95.

After the wife talked me out of burning the place down after hours. I resolved never again would I go back to any dealership. I have spent $800 in parts to get my RL in top shape. I determined it would have been $3,600 at a normal Acura dealership for them to do the work I did ($3,600 includes the parts).

So here I am a loyal Acuraziner who loves the site and does all his own service. I just wish I had the HDS.

Hat's off to those that get great service. I feel that charges should be issued to the dealer I went to. (Grand Larceny in particular).

Final note...I am a quiet type person who rarely vents. I just could not hold back and yes this is a 100% true post.
Old 10-25-2009, 10:20 AM
I'm Craig

Received 299 Likes on 207 Posts
Wow what dealer were you at? I hear Ed Martin is pretty good.