Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura Service

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 04:21 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura Service

I can't say if I am just always dealt the bad hand but it seems to me when it comes to service these guys are way out to lunch.In February when it was pretty cold out I took my car in for some warranty work. My passenger side mirror was turning brown from the heating elements in it. Fine, they fixed it and I came out after work to pick it up. I get in the car and notice that the technician had left a paper sticker square in the middle of the mirror which must have been a part number. I drove home and for the next 2 weeks put up with that damns ticker blocking my view as it was pretty cold out and it was a real pain to scratch off. Low and behold a friend of mine says in April..."Hey dude whats this lousy paint job on your mirror?" I take a look and the side of the mirror that faces away from the car has like one pass of paint on it and you can see a much darker colour beneath it. OK well I now had 59,000 km and 3 days before the warranty expired so I took it in and showed them the mirror and I also had that brown rusty stuff on the drivers mirror as well by that point. I then told them to check the rear end as when I went up driveways there was a moaning sound coming from the trunk area. Took it in they gave me a 2008 csx loaner (paddle shifters too!!!). I picked up the car that night and was told that they couldn't hear anything out of the back end (I knew they would say that) , but I have to return so they can replace a rear door actuator. I drove off and went to a gas station and as soon as I entered the driveway I heard the noise as usual. Next time I will take the technician for a drive myself and get this problem resolved. In any case I go to open my door at the gas station and this plastic piece pops out of the door handle and falls down the side of the car. I found it and looked at it, then looked the door and they must have had to remove this piece to put the mirrors on or something but failed to snap them back in. I then looked at the passenger side and the same thing? WTF I think to myself. Sure glad they didn't do an oil change cause they would forget to put the oil back in probably. I don't know about you but if I was a service manager I would be pretty pissed with this type of finishing on a job. Thats now twice on the same repair they neglected to finish up properly.

I also want to vent about one other thingswith this dealer. When you phone and ask for service...theres no please hold or one minute, nope this witch the moment she hears service just pushes a button and your imediately on hold. That kind of irks me as I am a customer and don't need to be treated like I am phoning the government for a handout.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:12 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 2,182 Likes on 1,210 Posts
LOL @ "this witch"

Cliffs?---would definately help.

Good luck on the repairs.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,137 Likes on 1,067 Posts
the girl who answers the main phone line is listening for service parts or sales
and trying to answer several lines all at once
Go do that job for a day then complain that she didnt spend time chit chatting with you, and directed your call to the right dept immedialty~

Then go do the service writers job of translating customers laundry list of problems down to a few lines on a work order.
Then go be a tech trying to interpret those words back into an actual problem!

When you have an unusual noise- ask for the tech to go for a ride with the- the HEAD tech not the oil change kid
Thats the only way your words get to their ears

Now go to the doctor for treatment of stress related bleeding ulcers from customer calls and says my door fell apart- when you have an internal door part on order for them, or the customer that comes back months later with some issue and has 1 day 15 miles warranty remaining.....
Old 06-01-2008, 08:18 AM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 01tl4tl
the girl who answers the main phone line is listening for service parts or sales
and trying to answer several lines all at once
Go do that job for a day then complain that she didnt spend time chit chatting with you, and directed your call to the right dept immedialty~

Then go do the service writers job of translating customers laundry list of problems down to a few lines on a work order.
Then go be a tech trying to interpret those words back into an actual problem!

When you have an unusual noise- ask for the tech to go for a ride with the- the HEAD tech not the oil change kid
Thats the only way your words get to their ears

Now go to the doctor for treatment of stress related bleeding ulcers from customer calls and says my door fell apart- when you have an internal door part on order for them, or the customer that comes back months later with some issue and has 1 day 15 miles warranty remaining.....
dude!!!! a simple "PLEASE HOLD" will suffice. to say that the witch is to busy to say those 2 words is simply wrong. She is a receptionist for one reason and one reason alone...RECEPTION!!!