Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura of Omaha Dash Fix/Vehicle Damage Nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 02:09 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Acura of Omaha Dash Fix/Vehicle Damage Nightmare

So, I drive a 2005 base TL. Its really clean, only 70K miles and I take great care of it. A couple weeks ago I discover a crack in my dashboard. Read through the boards here and the best I could hope for was a 50/50 split of the cost. I got that at the dealer so I agreed to have them replace the dash. Got the vehicle back today. The dash doesn't fit quite right, a huge gap between the glove box and upper dash, as in I can see the contents of my glove box with it closed. They also took it upon themselves to not give a shit about how it was done in that they put three PUNCTURE holes in the driver side door panel leather, took a chunk out of the drivers side ground effect piece, scratched the hell out of the door jamb and put a very large chip in the paint aside from the gouged out chunk in the ground effect. They tore the edge of the glove box leather so now you can see the white fabric underneath there and I did have a custom Momo shift knob that they took off and put back on. The thing was just sitting on top of the shifter, not screwed in, loose as all shit. I am now driving the car with the silver stick thing and no knob because it needs to be put back on properly and evidently they couldn't be bothered to do it correctly. Upon further inspection, the iSimple I have had installed and working perfectly for 3 years has been unhooked. The XM works and the radio works, but no iSimple. I look back there and this jackass unhooked it and plugged the factory cables back in. I take the car back to the dealer and raise a huge fit. I also called Acura corporate and bitch to them about how worthless it was to take my car in to be "fixed" and get it back with more damage than it went in there with. Talk to the service manager at Acura and he is pissed. He demands to his service in take guy that "Bob" works on my car when it comes back and he wants to follow it closely. For some reason, those of you who have gone fishing will know this smell when I say it, the entire inside of the car reeks like catfish stink bait. I don't know if its some kind of a glue they used or if this disgruntled asshole of a service tech packed that shit into my vents, but the whole car fucking stinks. Bad. I have to keep the windows down while it sits or the smell will build up so bad you about pass out when you open the door to get in. So now I sit here with a busted ass stink mobile until Acura of Omaha calls me back to schedule me to take it in there AGAIN to have them fix all of the damage THEY caused in the first place. Not sure what I expect to gain from posting this here other than to vent to my fellow Acura drivers and advise you ALL in the Omaha area to NOT use Acura of Omaha for repairs unless you absolutely have to. We'll see what the service manager does to "make it right" as he said, but so far I am just flat out pissed and have a smelly car over having to pay 600+ bucks to fix a cracked dashboard on a 7 year old car which in my opinion shouldn't have happened in the first place. Thanks Acura.

Old 08-21-2012, 06:50 AM
Instructor

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Oh boy. I would just as pissed to see all that damage caused to my car after shelling out that much money. Clearly the technician didn't give two shits about the car installing the dash. Hopefully the install would corrected the the second time around. Good Luck.
Old 08-21-2012, 09:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 69 Likes on 57 Posts
I live in Omaha and worked with Acura of Omaha to replace my dashboard as well. It was about 1.5 years ago. I paid around $325 for the entire job. The only thing I really noticed was that they gouged the back of the front seat and scratched the screen (HVAC/Radio) of my non-navi TL. They fixed the seat (swapping the back of the seat for one in their parking lot) and gave me something for the scratched screen (I forget what....nothing big). Oh, and when I did my stereo install, I found missing screws and the wrong screw in the wrong hole, etc.

So, yeah, I think the mechanics over there are reckless when doing these. I think it could be a little beyond the norm for them and they just try to do it as fast as possible to get paid. OR they stick someone with very little/no mechanical ability to do the job.

BTW, the smell is the new dashboard (yes, they smell that bad out of the box). It will fade!

Good Luck!

Last edited by niebur3; 08-21-2012 at 09:34 AM.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:08 PM
Advanced

Thanks for the responses guys. Update, just got back from getting the rear brakes done (at Exclusive Honda down on Leavenworth) and had THEM hook up the iSimple for me because I don't trust Acura of Omaha to touch it anymore obviously. They get the iSimple hooked up, I open the console to power on the ipod. The ipod has been completely smashed. It looks like they threw it against the wall. Screen cracked, whole thing cracked open. I swear to you, God, everyone...it was 100% FINE when it went in there and was sealed in the center console until just today when I went to see why when I selected ipod from the isimple it wasn't turning on. I go directly to Acura of Omaha, walk into service manager's office and drop it on his desk in front of him and say "Here is my next problem". He can't believe that his guys would purposely do that blah blah, then bad mouths Exclusive for telling me the dash job they did was shotty. Service manager agrees to buy new ipod. Just bought one at target, 300 bucks. I will be giving him that receipt as well as the receipt from Exclusive to pull the radio and hook this thing up the right way. It got hot, voices raised. I WISH I didn't have to take my car back there Monday to get the damage fixed because I am afraid of what else they may do to it.

Thank GOD that smell is normal. I thought for sure the guy packed the vents with dog shit or something.
Old 09-13-2012, 11:23 PM
Advanced

JUST got the car back yesterday. That's right, they had it for like 2 weeks. They fixed the majority of the damage to the car, there are still things that don't fit quite right but I just have to live with that I guess. They replaced the door panel the guy stabbed but didn't put the interior window weatherstipping in there. I had to take it back once again to get that fixed. I also collected a check for 365 bucks to cover the cost of the broken iPod and the cost Exclusive charged me to hook up the iSimple adapter after they jacked it up. Long story short, NEVER take a car to Acura of Omaha. I would sooner take it to jiffy lube (yes, jiffy lube) than trust those morons again. Total cost 625 dollars, plus a smashed ipod and severe vehicle damage. Got 365 back for the ipod and associated costs. What a joke.