Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

acura of glendale - tsx loaner

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 01:29 PM
Awesome to the Max

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acura of glendale - tsx loaner

just took my car in to the dealership to get my steering wheel fixed that they scratched, my shifter knob felt loose and my wiper lever rattle. I went on a ride with one of the techs, he confirmed the rattle, they got some vinyl guy coming in today just for me for my steering wheel, and before i left..they already started working on my shift knob.

I thought I was gonna get a TL loaner, but instead they gave me a TSX loaner....dude, the TSX loaner feels like a toy compared to the TL...I'm glad I didn't save a couple thousand dollars and got the TL....I would cry daily if my car was that crappy...also, what's the deal with only 100 miles per day? is this normal? seems kinda low to me?

anyways, i've been reading a lot about a lot of crappy service at acura dealerships on this site, but I have to say that Acura of Glendale actually listens and tries to fix your problem regardless of how stupid it sounds and they are nice about it. I wish they just had some fruits or snacks to eat...and better reception on the TV.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:30 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 86 Likes on 30 Posts
Where are all your reported issues? Don't forget to update all your fixed issues. Thanks...
Old 03-24-2005, 01:33 PM
Oderint dum metuant.

Received 534 Likes on 446 Posts
I got a TSX the first time I took my car in, and that's exactly what I thought about it...what a joke! The interior looked cheap...for what it costs, I wouldn't expect it to look cheap. Thankfully, got a TL the last 2 times in...keep asking for an MDX, but they're always out...guess everyone else wants one, too...
Old 03-24-2005, 01:39 PM
Awesome to the Max

These were my issues from an earlier thread..but I decided to take care of one rattle at a time, cause I am not 100% sure if all the rattles are there...so I'm gonna do it one at a time...cause I realized that the rattle that I thought was the center speaker wasn't actually the center speaker, it was from the wiper lever.... so I am taking it one rattle at a time..also, i am just fixing the steering wheel that Acura scratched from previous service, and i noticed that while I was driving that my metal collar on the shifter is loose.

Lastly, a service guy that worked there last time but quit recently said he would take my car to the firestone and align my car or rotate my tires or something..I don't remember..but he didn't log it...and they decided that they weren't gonna do it...he asked me if there was a problem with it right now and I said, "I don't know...I don't think so" and he replied with, "if it's not broken, don't fix it" but in turn, I'll get the tech to drive it and find if anything is wrong with the steering...so yeah...i'll update once i get my car back later today or tomorrow..

1.) front driver's side speaker (the one on the dash)
2.) center speaker (i'll try to fix it on my own, but if i can't..I'll tell them..
3.) driver's side visor (i think it was the holder where the circular rolling thing meets up with the car, but you guys said it's the light on the headliner - I'll try to fix on my own)
4.) passenger side visor (i think it was the holder where the circular rolling thing meets up with the car, but you guys said it's the light on the headliner - I'll try to fix on my own)
5.) passenger side door speaker or somewhere near there...can't listen to it while i'm driving..but I know it's there somewhere...it might be be vent, (it's not seat belt cause I pin it down...and it doesn't make noise)
6.) driver's side A-pillar (might be this or the vent)
7.) driver's vent (might be this or A-pillar)
8.) homelink area (it might not be homelink and it might just be the visors)
Old 03-24-2005, 01:40 PM
Awesome to the Max

Originally Posted by chill_dog
I got a TSX the first time I took my car in, and that's exactly what I thought about it...what a joke! The interior looked cheap...for what it costs, I wouldn't expect it to look cheap. Thankfully, got a TL the last 2 times in...keep asking for an MDX, but they're always out...guess everyone else wants one, too...

yeah, i rode in the MDX, it's pretty nice...feels nice and cozy..but the TSX feels like a rsx or even an old integra when driving it..
Old 03-24-2005, 01:48 PM
Drifting

Received 26 Likes on 23 Posts
Originally Posted by terse
what's the deal with only 100 miles per day? is this normal? seems kinda low to me?
Wow, that is low. The dealer I got my 03' TL didn't have any restrictions. That dealer was 130 miles away from my house, and they gave me an RL loaner, and I took it home and drove it to the coast, etc. Commute to work is also about 80 miles round trip. So in the few days we had it, I think we put about 600 or so miles on the loaner. Dealer didn't care.

I never got an Acura loaner from any of the local dealers here, only enterprise rentals, but those were unlimited miles too...
Old 03-24-2005, 03:52 PM
Racer

I had TSX loaner from Glendale. Now I have 05 TL for the loaner. =)
Old 03-24-2005, 04:42 PM
Awesome to the Max

Originally Posted by jhan1102
I had TSX loaner from Glendale. Now I have 05 TL for the loaner. =)

huh? I don't understand
Old 03-24-2005, 04:50 PM
Registered TL User

Hey Terse,
I had the same crusty worn out TSX loaner from Glendale Acura last week for my B service. I dont care for them much since their move and name change from Pasadena Acura. They were much more service oriented at the Pasadena dealership and I always got a bottled water in my car when I picked it up. Now at Glendale I feel like I'm at a Ford dealer.

And what is that dried crusty stuff on the seat and floor in the back of that TSX? eeeew?
Old 03-24-2005, 04:55 PM
Awesome to the Max

Originally Posted by dunnric
Hey Terse,
I had the same crusty worn out TSX loaner from Glendale Acura last week for my B service. I dont care for them much since their move and name change from Pasadena Acura. They were much more service oriented at the Pasadena dealership and I always got a bottled water in my car when I picked it up. Now at Glendale I feel like I'm at a Ford dealer.

And what is that dried crusty stuff on the seat and floor in the back of that TSX? eeeew?
yeah, the TSX artic one i got...is dirty...i should jack the all weather mats and put them in my TL
Old 03-24-2005, 06:50 PM
Grishm04TL

I need to get a loaner with them as well next week - having my car fixed for $2.7K worth of damages. I will ask them to be nice & give me a better loaner (I believe all they hv are TSX's as loaners). ALso will ask them to Wash, Wax, Polish & clean my car inside & out.
Old 03-24-2005, 07:30 PM
Awesome to the Max

Originally Posted by rajenmelwani
I need to get a loaner with them as well next week - having my car fixed for $2.7K worth of damages. I will ask them to be nice & give me a better loaner (I believe all they hv are TSX's as loaners). ALso will ask them to Wash, Wax, Polish & clean my car inside & out.

If you ask for a TL, you might be able to get one....but they might make you wait a bit longer...
Old 03-24-2005, 07:34 PM
Grishm04TL

If you ask for a TL, you might be able to get one....but they might make you wait a bit longer...

Let's be a bit Greedy & ask for an RL
Old 03-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Awesome to the Max

Originally Posted by rajenmelwani
Let's be a bit Greedy & ask for an RL

do it, tell me if it works out..
Old 03-25-2005, 12:28 AM
Racer

My 05 TL has been in the shop twice already. 1st, they kept my car over 1 weeks and 3 days to fix rear toe. -.- I had to drive around in TSX, and it was kinda fun. It was like drving around in Civic. This is my 2nd visit to the dear. They almost had my car for 2 weeks. bumper fix, rattles, seat problem, door, and dis-colored dash problem. I hope I get my car back soon. By the way. I went in on monday and I got 05 TL as the loaner. I told them I didnt want TSX and they hooked me up with Navi. TL.
Old 03-25-2005, 01:57 AM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jhan1102
This is my 2nd visit to the dear.
I know you like Acura of Glendale a lot... but callin it dear...
Old 03-25-2005, 10:44 AM
Intermediate

what's the deal with only 100 miles per day? is this normal? seems kinda low to me?
I was actually thinking when I took my car in, that I could time future services to coincide with long one-day trips I sometimes take for work, so I could get a loaner, drive it 500 miles, expense the 500 miles (500 miles x 40.5 cents/mile = nice little profit if I'm not using my own car!), and kind of screw the dealer ... so I'm not surprised some dealers have realized this.

BTW, my dealer sent me a letter after I had serviced my car and I complained about how filthy the loaners were ... we'll see if they're any better next time. They promised me a free detailing coupon that I never got, but I don't really feel like following up on it, I'd rather they just make sure I get a clean loaner next time!
Old 03-25-2005, 12:14 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Contivity
I know you like Acura of Glendale a lot... but callin it dear...

Old 03-25-2005, 01:13 PM
Awesome to the Max

dude, i drove about..60 miles on the TSX and had to put in $8.50 worth of gas back into it...dude, I was at the gas station putting in 75 cents at a time...and then checking the car to see if it went to full...

I first put in 5 dollars and then while I was driving..it went down (15 miles) and I took it into the dealership and he wouldn't cut me a break and said there was a mobil down the street so I went there and put 75 cents at a time to fill it up....haha...on the tank, it read premium gas, but I cheated and put regular...hahaha...

also, they fixed the three main problems I had:

-rattle in the wiper switch: I think they just took it apart and put glue...but it doesn't rattle anymore

- loose shifter knob thing: it feels tighter again

- scratch on the steering wheel, I think all they did was sand it down or something..i compare it to the left side..and on the left side..you can see the pattern, but on the right side where they repaired...it just looks smooth. Even though it doesn't look the same, it feels the same, so it's okay. Now...it's time to find other rattles...