Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'acura' on the front bumper

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2007, 08:34 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
'acura' on the front bumper

I took off my license plate holder i guess.. The Acura sign is there but they mounted the license plate holder onto it and their a circular holes next to the "acura" sign what can I do to cover it up.. I can pay 250 -350 for a body shop to repsray the bumper but that is too much for such a little thing..

Is there something I can fill it with that will make it look good
Old 08-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Instructor

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
buy the plugs to cover up the holes from the dealer.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:01 PM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Yeah definitely..unless they made seperate holes or something?
Old 08-18-2007, 09:21 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
with both of them. they make plugs to fill those holes on cars where they don't use front plates.
Old 08-18-2007, 09:25 PM
Pro

I actually just bought my new TL less than a week ago I couldn't decide if I wanted the front license plate (it's required by law in Illinois)...I finally decided to have them put it on b/c I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of getting pulled over for it.

Anyway, the dealership said if I ever change my mind to come in and they'll give me the little 'plugs' that fit in there (they look like that circle cut-out that's to the left of your license plate for your emergency tow hook). Ask your local dealer if they'll give them to you - tell them they didn't come with the car.

Steve
Old 08-18-2007, 11:50 PM
AZ Community Team

Received 7,771 Likes on 4,342 Posts
They should have included the plugs with the car. Many find them in the glove box. Maybe check where the spare tire is.

Bottom line - they are YOUR plugs for YOUR car. If they are missing, contact your dealer. If they charge you they're thieves.
Old 08-19-2007, 03:45 AM
Banned

hmm ok thx
Old 08-19-2007, 06:57 AM
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You can buy the plugs for twenty something dollars if needed, but like others have stated, the dealer should have given them to you when you bought the car. If they didn't, don't even pay for the plugs, the dealer HAS to give them to you for free, because it's apart of the car.
Old 08-19-2007, 10:24 AM
Banned

Ya they were in the glove box my car looks sick thanks guys I love you all. Specially you bearcat
Old 08-23-2007, 09:39 PM
'10 Hyundai Genesis Coupe

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by kosstick
Ya they were in the glove box my car looks sick thanks guys I love you all. Specially you bearcat

You should try putting in the stickers in the ACURA lettering to make it match the color of the front grill. Unless you have a WDP then I'd say get it in black.
Old 08-24-2007, 09:00 PM
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I REMOVED MY FRONT LICENSE PLATE TODAY to find two holes drilled in the "dented region" (to the left and right of the ACURA sign, normal) IN ADDITION to a 3rd hole drilled right in the middle above the ACURA SIGN, below the emblem. WHAT THE FUCK there's no caps for that it's just in the middle of no where >=( any ideas how to fix that?
Old 08-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Ganplosive
I REMOVED MY FRONT LICENSE PLATE TODAY to find two holes drilled in the "dented region" (to the left and right of the ACURA sign, normal) IN ADDITION to a 3rd hole drilled right in the middle above the ACURA SIGN, below the emblem. WHAT THE FUCK there's no caps for that it's just in the middle of no where >=( any ideas how to fix that?
If you can, post of picture of it...
Old 08-24-2007, 10:04 PM

There shouldn't be a third whole, go to the dealer you bought the car from and ask them to give you the caps that are fitted to the left and right of the Acura logo.

I've got a question about the third hole, though. Was it used to put a screw to keep the license plate in place? If so go to the dealer and tell them to fix that whole. Why you ask?

Well first a third screw isn't necessary to hold the license plate in place, it holds up well with the two holes from factory.

Second that third hole isn't and wasn't from factory therefore one of their service guys must have done it.

Third it's there responsibility to cover the damages they did to the vehicle not yours, putting a third hole to keep the front license plate secure was unnecessary and devalues your car.
Old 08-25-2007, 01:19 AM
FizzyStatus!

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Eoanou
There shouldn't be a third whole, go to the dealer you bought the car from and ask them to give you the caps that are fitted to the left and right of the Acura logo.

I've got a question about the third hole, though. Was it used to put a screw to keep the license plate in place? If so go to the dealer and tell them to fix that whole. Why you ask?

Well first a third screw isn't necessary to hold the license plate in place, it holds up well with the two holes from factory.

Second that third hole isn't and wasn't from factory therefore one of their service guys must have done it.

Third it's there responsibility to cover the damages they did to the vehicle not yours, putting a third hole to keep the front license plate secure was unnecessary and devalues your car.
X2
Couldn't have said any better
Old 08-27-2007, 04:23 PM
Instructor

Yeah for how much I paid for this car I don't feel bad at all about them having to replace it / do wahtever it takes to fix it.

I brought it in today to the dealership and straight up told them that there's a third hole screwed into my bumper, I don't like that and I want it fixed. Guy was pretty understanding and told me that the managers (none of them) were in today so that I should go back tomorrow, gave me the guys card and everything. so hopefully I'll have this fixed by tomorrow. Seems like they've had these kinda requests before.
Old 08-27-2007, 05:21 PM
Instructor

some pictures for reference...

[IMG] http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...LICENSE023.jpg [/IMG]
Old 08-28-2007, 09:39 PM
Instructor

well updates, the dealership keeps pulling the "We have to research to determine whether or not it's our fault" card. They fucking made me call ACURA MAIN LINE to ask, and the guy said "There should be only two holes up front". Some shit about district attorney and district managers and that the third hole was NEEDED to secure the License plate "HOLDER", none of this shit flies I'm gonna go in and bitch em out
Old 08-28-2007, 09:59 PM

Wow, bitch them out for sure. Even before you showed the picture I kind of figured this is what it would look like.

Here is what you should do, if they say that they didn't do it, then simply ask why the third whole looks nothing like the other two wholes, and also show them a picture of the TL, like the one that they use for ads, posted on the walls of the dealer. And ask why are there only two holes on this one and three on mine?

I want to know though, can you show us a picture of the license plate on with the third screw in place, I want to see what it looks like.
Old 08-28-2007, 11:11 PM
WDP TL

wow... they put double sided tape on mine at the top... they fucked up
Old 08-29-2007, 03:58 PM
Instructor

it wasn't just bumper to license plate, there's also a "HOLDER" in between and what's what pisses me off because the plate is mounted to the HOLDER, which was drilled onto the bumper (2 normal holes + the 3rd). In my first picture that's where the hole is
Old 08-29-2007, 04:06 PM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's fucked. They put a holder on my car with their advertisement plate but only screwed the holder into the 2 factory spaces. I would seriously cut their balls off. They are just trying to play the card that you should have noticed it before you left... I would call Acura Customer Care and take it as far as you can. It's bullshit that they would have done that to your car. Dumb Question but did you buy this new or used? If you bought it new you have every right to complain.. Used well you never know how it really happened so I could see if the dealer was trying to put up a fight
Old 08-29-2007, 07:19 PM
Instructor

Bought new, but yeah went back to the dealership and sat around for 3 hours, while they do "research" and wait for calls... after a while service / parts director came out himself and showed me a copy of their "installation" pages and long story short mentioned that yeah I was right I only needed 2 holes the third hole on the "dimple" was unnecessary and they'll take care of it, brining it back next Wed for drop off.
Old 08-29-2007, 09:12 PM
Instructor

Damn that did the same thing to me! I freaking hate as i drive around without a plate on for more than half the time!
Old 08-30-2007, 12:03 AM

Make sure after they fix it you put the bumper plugs in for the two holes to the left and right. After you do that get the stickers for your front logo to give the logo some color and it'll stand out a bit more.

I did an aluminum based color so it would match the front grill. I must say it looks nice.
Old 08-30-2007, 01:32 AM
Burning Brakes

Bought new, but yeah went back to the dealership and sat around for 3 hours, while they do "research" and wait for calls... after a while service / parts director came out himself and showed me a copy of their "installation" pages and long story short mentioned that yeah I was right I only needed 2 holes the third hole on the "dimple" was unnecessary and they'll take care of it, brining it back next Wed for drop off.

Right on Hope they do it right, which will be tough. Are they replacing the whole bumper or just bondoing and painting the hole? At least you have gotten them to take responsibility...let's us know what happens. Good luck
Old 08-30-2007, 12:12 PM
Instructor

for sure. I heard the two guys talk to each other and I only caught the words "... bumper?" "yeah, just grab him one and we'll paint it, fit it."

*crosses fingers* I can only hope it's a new one hahah
Old 11-25-2007, 05:57 PM
1st Gear

Need that license plate holder

Hey guys and gals ,

I live in NJ and they require the front license plate and my car does not have one. Does any one have a spare one? If not , it has to go to the dealer next week because i can not pass inspection without it.. Bummer..

Sand
Old 11-25-2007, 09:42 PM
06 WDP / 07 WDP Type-S

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by steve9207
I actually just bought my new TL less than a week ago I couldn't decide if I wanted the front license plate (it's required by law in Illinois)...I finally decided to have them put it on b/c I didn't feel like dealing with the hassle of getting pulled over for it.

Anyway, the dealership said if I ever change my mind to come in and they'll give me the little 'plugs' that fit in there (they look like that circle cut-out that's to the left of your license plate for your emergency tow hook). Ask your local dealer if they'll give them to you - tell them they didn't come with the car.

Steve
Sorry, but where did you buy your TL?

I've been talkin to people from Morton Grove Acura, and they refues to hand those F'ing plugs over. Such DIC-filltheblank.

I went there twice already, and they did not even check with the parts. And when I went over to the Parts department, they told me 20 bucks and they're mine. Talking about assholes...

Im about to check Shaumburg where my girl got her car, and her sales person was great. Awesome guy, his name is John, old timer, but very nice. I might ask him for the plugs.

Sorry, op, but it really bothers me when a dealership does not do their job to satisfy their customer. It is not a 5,000 car.
Old 11-25-2007, 09:49 PM
AZ Community Team

They are SUPPOSED to come with the car. IOW - You PAID for 'em already. Go where you bought the car and get your plugs.

Most dealers that don't include them either throw them out or toss 'em in a box. If they don't have any your color, tell 'em to save a set from next car of your color that they "prep".

It's possible they could be in the glove box, the center storage console or in the truck with the tools, jack, etc.
Old 11-26-2007, 10:29 AM
Let's Go Pens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by sandmaneo
Hey guys and gals ,

I live in NJ and they require the front license plate and my car does not have one. Does any one have a spare one? If not , it has to go to the dealer next week because i can not pass inspection without it.. Bummer..

Sand

Do you still the license plate frame? I live in NJ and don't use a front plate so your welcome to have mine if you really need it.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:19 AM
Retired and Loving It

I've seen several dealers in California drill and screw the third hole. Why, I don't know. My local dealer was doing it and I told them I wouldn't buy a car that had the hole drilled in the bumper. The plate holder has an indention for the third hole, so some add the extra screw.

BTW, the dealer I purchased my TL from gave me the plugs for the original holes. They had a box full, all different colors.
Old 11-26-2007, 11:45 AM
'04 NBP TL AT/Navi

Gotta get some plugs for mine.. bought mine used with a tag already on the front, I didn't ask to have it removed bebore I bought it, so i'm responsible for fixing it. hopefully the professional detail it's getting today will take care of most of it then i'll look for the plugs in the glove box before i go searching for some. also has a small crease that was worn into the bumper, i'm afraid then will take some real work to fix.
Old 11-26-2007, 12:00 PM
RAR

Received 1,286 Likes on 714 Posts
Originally Posted by sandmaneo
Hey guys and gals ,

Sand
umm. spare what? plate? contact your motor vehicle administration. Frame? Any frame should suffice...if you want a customized acura one, try online or the dealer.
Old 01-03-2008, 02:45 PM
Racer

where do you buy the lettering for the front ACURA logo where the plate goes, i tried searching but this was the best thread i found
Old 01-03-2008, 02:49 PM
Racer

i found it,

for anyone elses knowledge here it is again for other people

http://www.veneerzstore.com/store/c/1581-Exterior.html
Old 01-03-2008, 03:15 PM
AZ Community Team

^^

Those are flat.

These are domed. Seem to be good quality. Good shipper, good comms.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/O4-07...QQcmdZViewItem

As far as I know, these 2 (Veneerz and DomedDecals) are pretty much it.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:15 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Those letter "stencils" don't last long and are "riceferously" wack!
Old 01-03-2008, 05:49 PM
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by darksom1
I've had them for over a year, no problems, had them custom made though...does this look rice?

Old 01-03-2008, 07:58 PM
AZ Community Team

Originally Posted by darksom1
C'mon Ray, I respect that they don't fit your Stealth style, but they don't look bad. Done in a tasteful color, they actually fit in really well.

A simply way to make your car your own. It's really pretty subtle; if someone didn't know better, they'd think they belonged there.

Old 01-03-2008, 09:01 PM
Burning Brakes

I had mine created to match the gun metal grey on the grill...it looks great. neve had anyone call "ricey"

Quick Reply: 'acura' on the front bumper