Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura Extended Warranty - "Touch of Class"

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 08:03 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Acura Extended Warranty - "Touch of Class"

Ok, I purchased an 2005 Acura TL last year and I purchased the "Touch of Class" Warranty seaming that it would be good in the long run for my ride. Well, I have the chip and dent protection, protection on my tires and rims, and all the mechanical stuff as well.

Ok, let me get to the point. When I purchased my TL, I had them repaint my front and back bumper because of chips in it. After several thousand miles and traveling across the country, I got some chips from the road and since I have this warranty, I thought that I'll just get them fixed. So, I called the claims people and they said that they didn't cover the bumpers! I was PISSED!! The reason why I got the warranty was to protect my car!

Anyway, they set someone up in my area to fix my rims and the chips in my hood. When I talked to the guy who was working on it, he noticed that my back bumper wasn't painted correctly, that there was air bubbles in it. ( I didn't notice, untill just now--I guess I was too excited to get my car!)

So, I don't know what to do? Should I confront my dealer?? (My dealer is kinda far, far away -about 2,500 miles away!) Please any suggestions will help. Oh, and why is the front and rear bumper on a Pear White TL different from the rest of the car??
Old 04-08-2007, 10:42 PM
Racer

If you do a little searching you will see there is an issue with the WDP not matching. Always be sure to read all the fine print on warranties as they will use anything to get out of paying a claim. Warranty companies are in business to make money, not spend it!
Old 04-09-2007, 12:43 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by chfields
If you do a little searching you will see there is an issue with the WDP not matching. Always be sure to read all the fine print on warranties as they will use anything to get out of paying a claim. Warranty companies are in business to make money, not spend it!
Ya, I understand that their there to make money, but if they didn't fix the orginal problem and then created a new one, they should be be at fault and fix the issue.