Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura Client Services revisited

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 02:01 PM
Racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Acura Client Services revisited

I am getting a freaking complex. No matter how small the problem or what the request is, the people at Acura Client Services are rude (98%) and seem to go out of the way to complicate the smallest situation.

I'm a loyal customer, have owned many Acuras and expect better.
I don't look to be pampered but just want polite helpful service, nothing more.

Is it just me or are other owners getting the same shitty treatment and from ACS?

Old 01-25-2005, 02:12 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
There have been times where ACS has hung up the phone on me becuase I was describing them the problems that I've had with the car...they just didn't want to hear it and they know that once you call back, you will be talking to someone else...so f*cking rude!!!
Old 01-25-2005, 04:53 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
they are a bunch of FUCKING assholes and deserve to die!
Old 01-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had good interactions with them although they were useless the most of times. They were not rude to me though.
Old 01-25-2005, 05:28 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
Rude, no. Useless........ABSO-FRIGGIN-LUTELY !!!

ACS
Old 01-25-2005, 08:07 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Write to Honda USA headquarters and describe the concerns with as much informtion as possible; remove the emotion.
Old 01-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Black

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
I've had bad experience with a lot of organizations, but Acura/Honda are the first to do absolutely nothing and have the dealers and core quality (engine, electronics) bail them out (since it doesn't break as often as European cars). Rattles are also subjective, so they can blow them off.

My advice is to send them an email (official with letterhead) and a paper (US Mail) letter. I'd also write to JD Power and copy them.

My parting words to them last time were repeating "you are f'king useless" about 10 times.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:46 PM
an Acura has-been

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by MR1
Write to Honda USA headquarters and describe the concerns with as much informtion as possible; remove the emotion.
I agree 110%, it worked for me.
Old 01-26-2005, 12:04 AM
CEO, Team Anthracite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I agree with you entirely. My experience with ACS has been very negative, and that's with different case managers! Unbelievable CRAP that Acura is dishing out. What a way to tarnish the name.

If you think writing a letter to Honda USA Headquarters will help, I'm more than willing to give it a shot. Who's got their address handy?
Old 01-26-2005, 05:54 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I called them initially on the vibrating sub woofer/back dash issue and they said "turn the radio down". How exactly do you come back to an answer like that.

They don't call people back, they simply don't care.

You know how we get them to care ?? Quit buying the cars. They don't care if we complain as long as they sold 15K (was it?) more TLs than they expected to in 04. So why would they care if they piss off <50 people who call.
Old 01-26-2005, 02:56 PM
DMZ
Head a da Family

Received 561 Likes on 393 Posts
I called those bozos several weeks ago. I got a guy named Damon on the phone. I explained to him the car's been back to the dealer 3 times for roof rattles that have still not been fixed. His response: "What do you want us to do Mr. ....." . I said, "What? RU Friggin Kidding? I expect you to initiate action at this point, offer me a plan of resolution, that you'll either get on the horns with the dealer, and/or get the regional factory service rep involved, not just sit there at the other end of this phone like a bump on a log...." I was pissed to say the least. I asked for a supervisor and was told none was available, after which I just hung up. This guy was as about as air-headed and unsympathetic as one can get.

Then low and behold, a week and a half ago, just as I was meeting Rets so he could check out my bumper protection and moulding work, my cell phone rang. It was Dan, the regional Acura customer service supervisor. He said, "I understand you wanted to speak to a supervisior". I told him I was giving the dealer a 4th and final attempt to fix the problem and I'd get back to him if they were still unsuccessful. Well, sure enough, after 4 visits to the dealer, I'm still right back where I started. I now even have a rattle coming from the front right corner of the passenger compartmert and one of those annoying vibration buzzes coming from the instrument cluster.

As of a few minutes ago, I have SEVEN calls over 4 days to Dan that have gone unreturned. Every time, I'm told he's coming in late that day, left early that day, on another call, out to lunch, in a meeting, etc....... BULLSHIT !!!!!!!!! All I really want from this guy is approval to take the car to my old sunroof shop (at Acura's expense of course), who does 10 star work and is used by most new car dealers in Bergen County, NJ for roofs, convertible conversions, custom leather interiors, etc. www.electricsunroof.com/Welcome.htm They'll fix it all of it RIGHT the 1st time I take it there. It took 8 years for the roof they installed in my '89 Accord SE-i to show its 1st rattle. I was in and out in about ½ an hour, bing-bang-bong, fixed. I had one of the very 1st auto-close power roofs ever.......back in 1989!

It is true that the pen (or in today's case, the Word Processor) is mightier than the sword. All this experience with Honda customer service parallels what I went through with them with my 1st new car 16-19 years ago, a 1986 Accord LX that after 3 years and 44K miles was ready for the junk yard having been vandalized on the assembly line (Believe it or not!). Letters from me and then my attorney finally bought Honda Motor Co. to its knees....with copies sent to every member of the Board of Directors in CA and Tokyo. I did it before, and I'll do it again if I have to. Only now I have the power of the internet to get the word out about Acura's customer service......and so do all of you.