Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Acura Care & CPO Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2005, 01:29 PM
Advanced

Received 18 Likes on 7 Posts
Question Acura Care & CPO Warranty

I bought my TL CPO at the end of November last year.
Being CPO, the new car warranty is extended by another 12months/12k miles beyond the standard 4yr/50k miles, plus power train limited warranty is extended to 7yr/100k miles. It was this nice warranty (details at http://www.acura.com/preowned/pre_pro_warc.asp), IMO, that made me not mind buying CPO rather than new.

Anyway, when purchasing the vehicle, I somehow got sold into a service plan. It is an Acura Care plan, plan code AC1, for 7 years, 100k miles, with no deductible. I paid $995.00 for it.
I read the service details today for the first time, and after reading the "what is not covered" section, I find myself wondering whether this plan provides enough value, expecially since I already have power train coverage to 100k miles, from the CPO warranty.

Am I incorrect in thinking that this plan is largely worthless with the CPO warranty? Has anyone used the Acura Care plan on an older vehicle, and found it worthwhile?
Old 03-19-2005, 06:38 PM
Ex-Acura Service Manager

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As a former service manager, I can tell you that replacing a starter or an alternator will cost close to half of that contract. I had all sorts for service customers getting their money's worth, and then some, out of the AcuraCare contracts.
Old 03-20-2005, 02:18 AM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluenote
As a former service manager, I can tell you that replacing a starter or an alternator will cost close to half of that contract. I had all sorts for service customers getting their money's worth, and then some, out of the AcuraCare contracts.

Bluenote, what are you telling us?

Guess I better look in to a warranty before I hit 50k.
Old 03-20-2005, 11:59 AM
Ex-Acura Service Manager

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm saying that even as well built as an Acura is, sometimes things go wrong. If you plan on keeping a car for a long time, it's something to consider. Certain repairs are expensive-A/C compressors, heater control panels, starters, etc.

It's a crap shoot wether or not you'll need the protection, but I've seen many of the contracts pay for themselves.
Old 03-20-2005, 06:53 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts
I was J/K. I agree 100%
I will be looking at extended warranties over the next year. The one from Acura looks so far like it will provide the most coverage.
Old 12-24-2018, 06:35 PM
4th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same dilemma

Originally Posted by Kandyman
I bought my TL CPO at the end of November last year.
Being CPO, the new car warranty is extended by another 12months/12k miles beyond the standard 4yr/50k miles, plus power train limited warranty is extended to 7yr/100k miles. It was this nice warranty (details at http://www.acura.com/preowned/pre_pro_warc.asp), IMO, that made me not mind buying CPO rather than new.

Anyway, when purchasing the vehicle, I somehow got sold into a service plan. It is an Acura Care plan, plan code AC1, for 7 years, 100k miles, with no deductible. I paid $995.00 for it.
I read the service details today for the first time, and after reading the "what is not covered" section, I find myself wondering whether this plan provides enough value, expecially since I already have power train coverage to 100k miles, from the CPO warranty.

Am I incorrect in thinking that this plan is largely worthless with the CPO warranty? Has anyone used the Acura Care plan on an older vehicle, and found it worthwhile?
Hi Kandyman,

Same dilemma. Not sure in the value of the AC1 Acura Care plan in addition to the CPO.
How was your experience so far if you care to share. Thanks!
Old 12-24-2018, 06:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 194 Likes on 158 Posts
13 year old thread revival.
love it
Old 12-24-2018, 06:48 PM
4th Gear

Lol, it happened to me recently. I couldn’t find anything with regards to newer model CPO warranties with additional Acura Care coverage. Is it worth it or really needed?
Old 12-25-2018, 10:54 AM
Safety Car

Received 856 Likes on 704 Posts
It’s a good enough product without it.
Old 12-25-2018, 11:22 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by Saving4aTL
It’s a good enough product without it.
Yea, I was trying to figure out the value in it. I got a 2018 TLX CPO (5yr/62k miles Non-powertrain, 7yr/100k miles Powertrain). Guy sold me AcuraCare AC1 to extend the Non-powertrain to 7yr/100k miles, so essentially another 38k miles coverage. Not sure if that’s necessary if the product is quality with regards to infotainment and tech they are using.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Old 12-26-2018, 07:26 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 185 Likes on 150 Posts
Originally Posted by AcZee

Yea, I was trying to figure out the value in it. I got a 2018 TLX CPO (5yr/62k miles Non-powertrain, 7yr/100k miles Powertrain). Guy sold me AcuraCare AC1 to extend the Non-powertrain to 7yr/100k miles, so essentially another 38k miles coverage. Not sure if that’s necessary if the product is quality with regards to infotainment and tech they are using.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Do you plan to keep it that long? How many miles on it now? To answer your question I bought an 08 type s CPO back in 2010 and acura care and was waste of money as it turns out. I had 1 warranty repair for the mirror which was FAR less than cost of warranty. Now full disclosure its not my DD and I maintain my own vehicles and the tech on that car is 10 years older than yours. Your call on tech component if worth the gamble to pass on the coverage. I would though shop around if you are going to keep the coverage as I did buy the coverage on a 18 Camry I got for the very same reason I noted about all the tech. I went with a Toyota warranty through the selling dealer and cancelled when I found another dealer in another state I could by same Toyota backed warranty but better coverage for less than 1/2 what I paid selling dealer. FYI the markup on those warranties is crazy.
Old 12-26-2018, 08:01 AM
4th Gear

Originally Posted by 08KBP_VA
Do you plan to keep it that long? How many miles on it now? To answer your question I bought an 08 type s CPO back in 2010 and acura care and was waste of money as it turns out. I had 1 warranty repair for the mirror which was FAR less than cost of warranty. Now full disclosure its not my DD and I maintain my own vehicles and the tech on that car is 10 years older than yours. Your call on tech component if worth the gamble to pass on the coverage. I would though shop around if you are going to keep the coverage as I did buy the coverage on a 18 Camry I got for the very same reason I noted about all the tech. I went with a Toyota warranty through the selling dealer and cancelled when I found another dealer in another state I could by same Toyota backed warranty but better coverage for less than 1/2 what I paid selling dealer. FYI the markup on those warranties is crazy.
hey thanks for the detailed response. Yea I got about 25k miles on it now. Plan to keep the car for a while. I suppose it’s more peace of mind for me. Yea exactly agree with you. My last car was 03 3.2 TL Type-S. I go to buy this and see the advance tech stuff and pondered about additional warranty. Thanks for your help and hope you had a great Christmas holiday! Cheers!