Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident-Front Bumper

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 01:05 PM
La Chica loca y QUE??

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Accident-Front Bumper

Unfortunately, on my way home last week from work, I hit a 2003 Chevy Malibu in front of me. It was my fault, I took off to quick and did not pay attention even though the light was green. I have progressive, and only have to pay a 250 deductible. I'm crossing my finger that when renewal time comes around in March, that it wont be an arm and a leg.

I ended up messing up the bumper, and very little of the hood. One thing I can say is that Acura's have kick ass impact absorbers for sure. Thank god, the airbags didn't deploy though. Its going to be about $2000 in parts and 1400 in labor. My car should be out by Thursday the latest. I felt bad for the malibu because it got totalled out. But their only going to give her what its worth, like 3k or so. And it had 8K in damage

Everyone was fine in the accident and her airbags did not deploy either.

My poor baby, I just hope they do a great job in repairing it.

I'll post pics up soon of before and after
Old 11-27-2006, 01:42 PM
07 NBP TL-S

Originally Posted by ChicaTL
Unfortunately, on my way home last week from work, I hit a 2003 Chevy Malibu in front of me. It was my fault, I took off to quick and did not pay attention even though the light was green. I have progressive, and only have to pay a 250 deductible. I'm crossing my finger that when renewal time comes around in March, that it wont be an arm and a leg.

I ended up messing up the bumper, and very little of the hood. One thing I can say is that Acura's have kick ass impact absorbers for sure. Thank god, the airbags didn't deploy though. Its going to be about $2000 in parts and 1400 in labor. My car should be out by Thursday the latest. I felt bad for the malibu because it got totalled out. But their only going to give her what its worth, like 3k or so. And it had 8K in damage

Everyone was fine in the accident and her airbags did not deploy either.

My poor baby, I just hope they do a great job in repairing it.

I'll post pics up soon of before and after
Who's doing your repair work? I live in Killeen but bought my TL at David McDavid... when I got into my accident I had a local Honda dealer do the repair and am very satisfied with the finished product.

You're 100% right about the ability of the TL to absorb the impact. I'm still amazed at how little I felt in my accident.

I'm glad that no one was injured and hopefully you'll have "your poor baby" back soon.
Old 11-27-2006, 02:09 PM
Fightin' Texas Aggie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Sorry to hear of your accident. I hope everything is back to normal soon.
Old 11-27-2006, 04:37 PM
La Chica loca y QUE??

Originally Posted by jonathan.chance
Who's doing your repair work? I live in Killeen but bought my TL at David McDavid... when I got into my accident I had a local Honda dealer do the repair and am very satisfied with the finished product.

You're 100% right about the ability of the TL to absorb the impact. I'm still amazed at how little I felt in my accident.

I'm glad that no one was injured and hopefully you'll have "your poor baby" back soon.

Progressive is doing the work. They have an onsite body shop and its double guarantee with body work and, mechanical work (I crushed the air condensor too ). And Progressive also backs it up since its done through progressive. I hope they do a good job since its desert metallic mist.
Old 12-04-2006, 12:49 AM
10th Gear

Im really sorry about your accident, i also had an accident last feburary, but unfortunately for me two airbags deployed, which made the repair a lot more expensive. Still i was amazed on how well the car took the impact since there was no chassis, engine, or suspension damage.
Old 12-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
i was just rear ended earlier this week on the fwy. The speed of the car that hit me was probably around <20mph. I was also surprised how well the rear bumper took the hit. Luckily for me, there was no body damage to the car. Only the bumper was scratched up and punctured at a few spots. I'll be taking my car into the bodyshop on the 18th. I'll keep my fingers crossed for my TL's speedy recovery.