3G TL (2004-2008)
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Accident this afternoon I am okay but car is really bad

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2005, 12:19 PM
Team Nighthawk Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't see the back in the in beginning, After seeing those pics i think they'll total it.
Old 02-17-2005, 03:29 PM
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The insurance company(Amica) ahs decied to basicaly give me what I paid for the car less by deductible. amica is not terrably well known but always gets high ratings( deserved) from Consumers report. I have had them for about19 years and if they are not he cheapest you get what you pay for and have always treated me in a first class manner. All that is left of my car is the mats, the shift knob and the rear acura symbol the rest is going to be sold as salvage. I really did not know waht else to remove at this point. The appraiser reportedly totaled it out after only a few minutes insprection so there was probably even more damage then was evident from my non progessional inspection. The car did what it was supposed to do ... destroy itself to absorb the energy from the crash. I am still very sore but entirely intact. My hat is off to Honda. minute of silence for Naomi the NHB acura .
Old 02-17-2005, 10:40 PM
professional TL driver

Originally Posted by dashotgun
The insurance company(Amica) ahs decied to basicaly give me what I paid for the car less by deductible. amica is not terrably well known but always gets high ratings( deserved) from Consumers report. I have had them for about19 years and if they are not he cheapest you get what you pay for and have always treated me in a first class manner. All that is left of my car is the mats, the shift knob and the rear acura symbol the rest is going to be sold as salvage. I really did not know waht else to remove at this point. The appraiser reportedly totaled it out after only a few minutes insprection so there was probably even more damage then was evident from my non progessional inspection. The car did what it was supposed to do ... destroy itself to absorb the energy from the crash. I am still very sore but entirely intact. My hat is off to Honda. minute of silence for Naomi the NHB acura .
what about the two undamaged rims? i want them if you can get them...
again sorry for your loss
Old 02-18-2005, 12:44 AM
Instructor

Glad to hear that you're ok and they totalled the TL.
Old 02-18-2005, 04:30 PM
Instructor

what about the two undamaged rims? i want them if you can get them...
again sorry for your loss

Sorry when the totaled it and indicated they would pay me the full retail price I paid less deductible I felt they( insurance co) were entitled to the wheels.

New NHP ebony on order. I will have them do the speaker TSB before pickup and put the wing on. Any other pre pickup suggestions?
Old 02-18-2005, 06:36 PM
WDP Director of R & D

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Sorry when the totaled it and indicated they would pay me the full retail price I paid less deductible I felt they( insurance co) were entitled to the wheels.

New NHP ebony on order. I will have them do the speaker TSB before pickup and put the wing on. Any other pre pickup suggestions?
Stay away from Tahoe's,,,,,?

Best of luck on your recovery and next TL!
Old 02-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Cruisin'

Bummer!!!! Frame damage is definetly a TOTAL
Old 02-18-2005, 07:56 PM
MR1
05/5AT/Navi/ABP/Quartz

Received 53 Likes on 50 Posts

Of course - Drive it...drive it...drive it before you accept it. If it squeeks, rattles or pulls have them find you another one. My 11/04 buit and delivered '05 is real close to perfect for 4K+ miles now so it is possible.
Old 02-19-2005, 08:37 AM
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
To be totalled it would probably have to have over 20k in repairs.
Old 02-19-2005, 03:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dashotgun, did you have navi? if you do is it possible i can buy it somehow?
Old 02-20-2005, 09:56 AM
Instructor

Yes it had navi, however I am not in current possesion of the car I am awaiting a check for it Although I still have the title the car is by agreement owned by the insurance company so no more questions about salvage guys. sorry I did not strip it as I was todl they were totaling it and there fore all the salvage is going to them