AC, defroster, Nav question

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2013, 11:24 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AC, defroster, Nav question

hello all, been reading on here forever but finally got off my butt to sign up

06 TL MT

- how can i make sure the navi screen don't turn on everytime i start the car? currently i have to manually turn it off everytime i drive.

- is there a way to have the compressor off whenever i first turn on the fans? i really only want fans.

- the AC compressor comes on with the defrosters, anyway to disable this?
Old 11-23-2013, 12:22 PM
Pro

Received 96 Likes on 85 Posts
The screen will turn off a short time after boot-up if you don't touch it. It should show a warning screen and ask you to press OK. Ignore it and the screen turns off. If you don't see this screen you have a modified disc.

You want both radiator fans to be manually controlled? The only real 'easy' way to do this is simply unplug the compressor. That would mean the A/C won't work until you plug it back in. You could presumably put a switch on this wire as well if you wanted that capability as well. The car does drive slightly differently when it thinks the A/C is on, however. This is more noticeable with a MT. A very expensive way to handle this a bit better, if you presumably want the fans to engage earlier than usual, is with FlashPro. A bit expensive on your 06 model for this sole reason.

No. However, you can prevent the A/C from turning on at all by physically disconnecting the wire going to the clutch on the compressor as discussed above.
Old 11-24-2013, 03:24 AM
9th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
uh.. no, not trying to control the radiator fan.

Trying to preset the AC compressor to be OFF by default, whether i'm using the cabin fan or defroster. Don't want any physical modifications for "tricking the system" just wondering if it's possible from the "software" side.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:28 PM
Registered but harmless

Received 1,107 Likes on 765 Posts
Originally Posted by ANTually
...Trying to preset the AC compressor to be OFF by default, whether i'm using the cabin fan or defroster. Don't want any physical modifications for "tricking the system" just wondering if it's possible from the "software" side.
Generally, the climate control will maintain whatever settings you select, assuming you always use the same key fob.
You can select interior cabin temperature(s) and then push the "A/C" button to turn it off. The climate control will stay set in the position thereafter, unless you hit "Auto" or otherwise turn on the A/C.

However, the windshield defrost button will turn the A/C on (to dehumidify the air), so I believe you'll have to push both the defroster and A/C buttons to "off" after using the windshield defroster to shut down the A/C compressor.

Welcome to AZ.
The following users liked this post:
JoeChege (11-25-2013)