Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A1 Service: No Tire Rotation! (WTF?!)

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2007, 09:23 PM
Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
A1 Service: No Tire Rotation! (WTF?!)

I took my `06 TL to Keyes Acura in Van Nuys, CA for its A1 service and specifically said A1 with tire rotation. They put "A1 with Tire Rotation" on the service order.

Naturally, considering the excellent service I expected, I just assumed all of the work was done. Then two days ago I realized the tread was worn on the front tires and not NEARLY as much on the rear.

Nope, they hadn't rotated the tires! It didn't even dawn on me that they hadn't asked me for the wheel lock. I just assumed they had found it in the glove box and did the rotation.

Word to the wise: When doing your A1, B1 or *whatever* with a tire rotation, mark your tires or find a way to verify that the work was actually done.

I mean, this was really REALLY chintzy of the stealership. Now I'm wondering if they even changed the freakin' oil.

Beware!
Old 03-13-2007, 09:53 PM
~Da Nocturnal Cheetah~

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I go next week to get mine done. Indicator just changed to now. I will mark my tires on the inside like you said. HAHA! My service is only $38.95, but I have heard others say they paid $$50 to $75! How much is your's? Plus I should get a discount since I have free oil changes and 6 month rotation. Hell, that means mine should be all free!
Old 03-13-2007, 10:45 PM
AVB for President!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Actually this happened to me too, and lo and behold I did call them on it. They said that it didn't require rotation because the tire tread left on the fronts were thicker than the rear. But, I still got charged the "rotation" fee...

How sweet it is because I'm going to have them look at my car due to a slight pull to the right... They'll have to put it up on the rack, and thus I don't charged crap, and they will have to do things right while I drive away with a loaner.
Old 03-13-2007, 11:12 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 740 Likes on 435 Posts
As for rotation I let Discount tire do it, I bought my 07 TL then go to Discount tire and for $200 I get 100% road hazard warranty on the Michelins and lifetime rotate and balance and if I go at the right time I am in and out in 20 min. I learned this the hard way when on my first oikl change there was a screw in the sidewall that required the tire to be replaced. Dealer wanted $500 for wheel and tire warranty, whic is nuts. The only thing I let my purchase dealer (Jackson Acura) do is oil and I bring my own Mobil1 0W20 and Mobil 1 filter and they charge me $15 in labor. They suck for all other work, for real service I go to Acura Carland across town becasue their service is tops!
Old 03-14-2007, 03:27 AM
Registered TL Lover

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
yeah that sucks i remember they charged me 6 for "topping off" winshield fluid that was filled the day before.
Old 03-14-2007, 11:40 AM
GO DAWGS!! SICK'EM!!

that don't need your wheel lock.

They have the master set.

But either way, dealer shouldn't charge you for it.

Go back and ask them to replace your tires.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:38 PM
No He Can't

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by TL1999
that don't need your wheel lock.

They have the master set.

But either way, dealer shouldn't charge you for it.

Go back and ask them to replace your tires.
He may have an aftermarket set of wheel locks that "that" would need to take the wheels off. You should definitely get something for free from them. Talk to the service manager and try and work something out with him/her. I'm sure they will do what they can for you since they don't want to lose a customer.
Old 03-14-2007, 12:52 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
personally i think keyes acura charges too much for regular maintenance services, i called them up twice for the two times i needed service and the charges were both higher than tustin acura.

in terms of price for the 2 services i had to do. here are the order for the charges, top being highest.

101 Calabasas Acura
Sierra Acura
Keyes Acura
Tustin Acura
Old 03-14-2007, 12:54 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by jimmyl729
personally i think keyes acura charges too much for regular maintenance services, i called them up twice for the two times i needed service and the charges were both higher than tustin acura.

in terms of price for the 2 services i had to do. here are the order for the charges, top being highest.

101 Calabasas Acura
Sierra Acura
Keyes Acura
Tustin Acura
Crap. I bought the damned thing from 101 Calabasas, Keyes is the closest dealership to where I live and work. *sigh*
Old 03-14-2007, 01:52 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
All 4 of my wheels have some curb rash on them (I know, I know...). So it's easy to tell if they really are rotating the tires. If it wasn't for the curb rash being in a different place after the rotation, I'd be pretty skeptical. I'd want to actually watch them taking the wheels off and putting them back on.
Old 03-16-2007, 11:38 AM
Racer

Update:

I had to laugh! The service advisor called and said to bring it in and that they'd put it on the rack and rotate the tires while I was there "no charge. I won't charge you for the service!"

Um... dumbass... you ALREADY CHARGED ME FOR IT! He was making it out to be some kind of favor to complete the work that I had already paid for! *Plus* it means I'll have to take the time off work or my own time on a Saturday to get the work that they should have completed in the first place done! Why should *I* have to use *my* time? If I were an ass I'd make them pick it up on a flat bed, take it to the dealer, rotate the tires, then bring it back to me. (I'm just kidding!)

Jerks.

What a freakin' JOKE! And when I mentioned the wheel locks he said that they had a master set. Fine, but that doesn't explain why the tread is obviously more worn on the front that then rear. If they had been rotated, the reverse would be true.

"I want to make it right by you!" he said. Okay... then offer to complete the work and to do the next scheduled service free of charge. Or... something!

Granted the tires might NOT have NEEDED to have been rotated, but if they put it on the order or even if I just verbally asked for it and they didn't do it, they should have said so and explained why it wasn't necessary.

I ought to call my credit card company and dispute the charge all together!!!

Buyer beware!!!!!!
Old 03-16-2007, 01:04 PM
Pro

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jzacuto
I ought to call my credit card company and dispute the charge all together!!!
Nah, don't do that. You could get the charge reversed, but the stealership would get really pissed and either make you pay cash for all of your future service or flat out refuse to service your car all together in the future.

The next time you take your car for tire rotation, either tell the service manager that you want to actually watch them take the wheels off, or mark the tires in some way so that you know if they have been rotated.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:19 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Desert_TL
Nah, don't do that. You could get the charge reversed, but the stealership would get really pissed and either make you pay cash for all of your future service or flat out refuse to service your car all together in the future.

The next time you take your car for tire rotation, either tell the service manager that you want to actually watch them take the wheels off, or mark the tires in some way so that you know if they have been rotated.
Yeah, it just sucks when you expect more of a "luxury" car company. But on the bright side, Acura called me and emailed me for input on my "recent service call". Boy, did I have a lot to say!