Sponsored by:

a1 service

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2004, 08:17 AM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
a1 service

this serach option is not working for me
i keep getting TCP Error while attempting to retrieve the URL.
or only can post once or search once every 5 secounds....grrr..after the first time i try and search

? was regarding first a1 service

when i got my car they gave me one free oil change at dealership..so does that mean they do the whole 10k service..or just the oil change which is like 35 bucks then they charge u another 110 to rotate tires and top off fluids?

are u guys bringing it to acura or sending car to any place for oil change then rotating tires yourself...?

my friend has tsx, brought it in for first service and it was 140 bucks..they crazy acura !!!!
Old 07-08-2004, 08:24 AM
Newbie for Life

Received 11 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by tonyg24
or only can post once or search once every 5 secounds....grrr..after the first time i try and search

when i got my car they gave me one free oil change at dealership..so does that mean they do the whole 10k service..or just the oil change which is like 35 bucks then they charge u another 110 to rotate tires and top off fluids?

are u guys bringing it to acura or sending car to any place for oil change then rotating tires yourself...?

my friend has tsx, brought it in for first service and it was 140 bucks..they crazy acura !!!!
People have been paying, on average, $100 or so for the A1 service. My guess is that your dealership would back off $35-40 for the oil change and still charge you the difference for the rest of the service.

Personally, I've always taken my cars to a quality and honets mechanic known by our family. He'll do the "A1 Service" on my TL for the price of an oil change and he'll rotate and top off fluids and perform an overall check for free.

Rather than having an ever-changing tech from Acura work on my car, I choose to take it to the same guy time and time again. If it requires extensive work which would be covered under warranty and wouldn't cost me a dime, then I would take it to Acura.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:00 AM
Advanced

i read in the manual that when rotating tires, we should do a "cross-rotation" (instead of parallel rotation) based on our tires and front-wheel drive....can someone confirm this?

because i also read elsewhere, that "cross-rotation" isn't recommended, but i'm not sure how reliable the source is
Old 07-08-2004, 10:09 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
you can't use cross-rotation if the treads are directional, it will reverse them if you cross sides.

My Accord I think only gets same side rotation for whatever reason.
Old 07-08-2004, 10:28 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Sherlock
you can't use cross-rotation if the treads are directional, it will reverse them if you cross sides.

My Accord I think only gets same side rotation for whatever reason.
so for our TL's, just rotate them front to back on each side?

thanks!
Old 07-09-2004, 07:17 AM
Administrator

Received 1,008 Likes on 576 Posts
Originally Posted by cable
so for our TL's, just rotate them front to back on each side?

thanks!
You only have to rotate them front to back on each side if you have directional tires, which is not very common.

If you have non-directional tires, which is more common, use the diagram on page 223 of the owner's anual, which is a modified X type rotation. This ensures that each tire will move around and be in a different position each time you rotate the tires, thereby maximizing efficiency and wear rates.
Old 07-12-2004, 09:35 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Ron A
You only have to rotate them front to back on each side if you have directional tires, which is not very common.

If you have non-directional tires, which is more common, use the diagram on page 223 of the owner's anual, which is a modified X type rotation. This ensures that each tire will move around and be in a different position each time you rotate the tires, thereby maximizing efficiency and wear rates.
ron a:

Thanks for the update! I just wasn't sure if the X was the right rotation for our tires. Do you do the X rotation everytime you rotate your tires or does another pattern occur to alternate the process?
Old 07-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Team Anthracite Member#69

God! $110/140 for that service is just highway robbery. It just makes me grateful for my dealer (Sunnyside Acura in Nashua,NH). A1 service: 28.95 (tire rotation cost) They fixed my headliner, changed the oil, washed the car and i was out of there in 1 hour yet still was offered a loner when I got there.

Old 07-12-2004, 12:40 PM
Administrator

ron a:

Thanks for the update! I just wasn't sure if the X was the right rotation for our tires. Do you do the X rotation everytime you rotate your tires or does another pattern occur to alternate the process?
You do the X rotation every time you rotate, because this will ensure that each tire gets a different position each time.

Just remember, this is a modified X pattern, which means you move the front tires straight back to the rear, but the rear tires get put on the opposite front wheels. This means you will always get a new position on each tire every time you rotate them.

The picture on page 223 will help clear up any confusion and make the reason for the pattern clearer.
Old 07-12-2004, 12:45 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Oscart: lucky you.. we should all have our dealerships call up there for some personality and affection training. Cuz boy the honk here in Atl. The workmanship at least. The last shop I have been going to the service rep has done very well in providing me loaners and trying to take care of me, he can't help his employees are incompetent.
Old 07-12-2004, 01:30 PM
Advanced

You do the X rotation every time you rotate, because this will ensure that each tire gets a different position each time.

Just remember, this is a modified X pattern, which means you move the front tires straight back to the rear, but the rear tires get put on the opposite front wheels. This means you will always get a new position on each tire every time you rotate them.

The picture on page 223 will help clear up any confusion and make the reason for the pattern clearer.
ron a:

thanks again for the information! yup, the picture does help, but i just wanted to make sure it wasn't directional.

Joe
Old 07-12-2004, 01:55 PM
Administrator

ron a:

thanks again for the information! yup, the picture does help, but i just wanted to make sure it wasn't directional.

Joe
If the tire is directional, it will have something on the sidewall that indicates it is, such as "this side must face out" or maybe an arrow showing direction. It will be something easy to understand. None of the EL-42s are directional.
Old 07-13-2004, 01:46 PM
Instructor

how do u reset the reminder on the system...i am not bringing my acura to the dealership to get the a1 service performed so how would i reset that reminder
and what is done in service..just oil change and tire rotations ...and top off fluids?
Old 07-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Advanced

If the tire is directional, it will have something on the sidewall that indicates it is, such as "this side must face out" or maybe an arrow showing direction. It will be something easy to understand. None of the EL-42s are directional.
ya, someone also suggested to look at the sidewall to see if their is an indication...makes sense! thanks
Old 07-13-2004, 02:49 PM
Administrator

how do u reset the reminder on the system...i am not bringing my acura to the dealership to get the a1 service performed so how would i reset that reminder
and what is done in service..just oil change and tire rotations ...and top off fluids?
The procedure on page 196 of the manual is incorrect. In paragraph 3a of the manual, the requirement to hold the button for 10 seconds the second time it is pressed is omitted. If this is not done, the display will not reset.

Here’s the full procedure to reset the MID display.

1. Turn the ignition switch to ON

2. Select Trip A or Trip B (You can use either one, so if you are using one to record data for something, use the other one to reset the Oil Life Indicator).

3. Press the < or > button repeatedly until the oil life is displayed.

4. Press and hold the Select/Reset button for 10 seconds. The Multi-Information Display will ask for a confirmation.

a. If you are sure you want to reset the display, press the Select/Reset button for 10 seconds again. (This is the part omitted from the manual.)

b. If you do not want to reset the display, press the < or > button to select “Cancel”